AGAIN SM SUCKS!!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Apr 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

If you have everything why are your outfits so uggie? o_O cookie
    • Like x 2
  2. xCelestialgirlx Active Player

Maybe the devs should create a seperated LFG especially for SM. But I love SM. I don't want it removed.
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

So u find SM boring? Where u NEED support roles for a lot of it. Yea rounds 1-10 can probably be solo healed, maybe even solo tanked if ya think about it. But no1 is really doing that. Most SM groups if not all have 2 tanks, 2 heals. So how do u feel about raids that are all 5-1-1-1 and take 15-20mins? Cause the way i see it is if SM bores u then raids must put ya to sleep w/in minutes. And if ya dont like it thats cool, everyone has different likes/dislikes/opinions.

I do like the styles tho. I like the base items and every time an SM is up i get a ton of em. I have 25 trigon base items sitting in my bank to sell later. In only 3 runs of this SM ive gotten all the base items in there except 1 of the lunar scenes and the divider. Plus SM promotes teamwork and pickups. 2 things this community fails on a lot. I will say the challenge is for sure gone and with it being the 2nd time around, having all the same bosses as last year makes it extremely easy for the people who ran it last year. Imo bosses and their attacks should be changed year to year. They can keep some bosses the same but change how they do things. New pets and base items should be added too. The old 1s can stay in there just add to them.
    • Like x 1
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

U have to beat round 12. And the pets are random. So u beat round 12 and get what u get. I wanted a scorpion too and got 1 this year :D
  5. xCelestialgirlx Active Player

Lucky!!! I'll do SM this weekend. I want it!
  6. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Why would raids put me to sleep? Raids at least tell a story of sorts, even if they don't go as deep as I want them to. SM doesn't have a story attached and the styles are very unimaginative and dull. Raids are actually far more engaging than SM could ever be. I don't know. Maybe I actually prefer stories based around DC lore over something that's just there for no reason but to fill a void.

Raids actually promote teamwork and pickups too you know, especially this new raid. 2nd boss onward for sure requires teamwork. And people die a lot by 1 shots through the halls so pick ups are a must. And it has a story attached, albeit not a really good 1 but 1 that's definitely more engaging than an unimaginative, uninspired SM with very bland and very ugly styles.
  7. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

So u dont think sm requires teamwork and pickups im confused
  8. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

No. I never said that. The other guy said that SM requires teamwork and pickups as if raids don't for some reason lol. They both require teamwork and pickups. Everything in the game requires that. I just don't find anything exciting and engaging in SM. It's got no actual story, no truly thrilling or epic fights, no truly exciting styles. Just puts me to sleep almost and I just don't see the point.
    • Like x 1
  9. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

O i read it wrong but i understand your point. Let me ask you this. If sm was like first fee in terms of diffuxlty would u do it
  10. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

First fee in terms of diffuxlty? I'm gonna assume that spell check was god awful wrong there and take diffuxlty to really mean difficulty, but what is fee supposed to mean?
  11. GhostFly Killah Committed Player

I used to hate SM.. the league I was in wasn't very good at it. But my current league loves it and it's definitely growing on me meow. I like the base items, styles are meh. But what I like about it most is the different mechanics and finding ways around them. It strengthens survivability and teamwork too. Plus, it's only here for a short time and gives us something else to do outside of running the same content day after day.
  12. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

My bad ya it was. First few. Like trigon 1st time and oan in terms of challange
  13. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Not really. I'm guessing you're dependent on LFG.
    • Like x 1
  14. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

I really don't know. Honestly, I do actually find the Oa and Trigon SM styles a lot better than the FoS styles. And Trigon has more base items that are to my liking. This one is definitely easier than the last 2 for sure, but the challenge, or lack thereof, is not the main issue I actually have with it. Friends pulled me in to get to round 10 of the last Trigon one, but it was pointless to me even then despite the fact I do actually like that particular style. I, truthfully, lost all interest with SM after the first set and they restarted the rotation with Oa again. For what it's worth, I am actually interested in getting a few of the leg styles for when the HH SM comes back around, but really nothing more. It's not just about the difficulty for me. It's about why I'm running. What I'm running it for. How engaged will I be. Will it be worth my time and effort. And there's just not much in SM that drives me, not anymore anyway. I mean, the styles were cool at first. But they've just lost their luster for me.
    • Like x 1
  15. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Fair enough. You want something that intrests you. That makes sense and i respect that because you have explained it nicely. So if a new sm came around with new styles pets base items is it safe to assume you would be engaged in that?
  16. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

It feels like pugging is truely dying down and ppl are running with lg or friends more often. Could be wrong but its starting to feel it
  17. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Maybe, if the styles weren't bland like the FoS ones are lol. I'm not really so much interested in the vanity pets tbh, but that's more because I don't really have room in my bank to hold an item that's completely useless outside of the fact that it looks cool. Already have too many useless trinkets stored up lol. It would probably come down to the base items if the style doesn't meet my fancy. And I'll never be driven by a totally generic and meaningless title. 2015 Trigon Battler, 2016 FoS Battler. They can be more creative with the titles granted at least lol.
    • Like x 1
  18. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Good responce and you just gave me a idea for a new addition to the game. Im gonna go make a thread about it ^^
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

I respect your opinion. Thats cool. I just dont think content that is 5-1-1-1 and is done in 15-20mins is interesting or engaging. I also dont think the stories are that great. It has become 1 cut scene with no vo or anything sometimes. BBS at last boss is like that. 1rst boss does have a cut scene tho. And BN? We all know how bad that was at the end of a 3yr story line with hal saying 1 sentence. I also never said raids dont promote teamwork and pickups. Its just blazing thru them in 20mins or less means teamwork can be there but there isnt much. I guess hitting cogs at the same time has become the go to mechanic for teamwork these days. And again i find the styles to be great. I really like em. Hey agree to disagree. No issues with your opinion. Was just curious as to how u felt about all of it.
  20. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Why cant all debates end like this :D
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.