After Spending Almost $300USD To Level Aquaman This Is What I Found

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Realist617, Sep 5, 2021.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They said Rare were going to be available in-game, Epic would be available in-game or in Time Capsules and Legendary would be available on marketplace.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...1-house-of-legends.316917/page-2#post-4420986
    • Like x 3
  2. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Where does it say this?
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

In what way is it more pay to win? The legendary ones are worse than the free ones. Thats pay to lose not win.
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

In test.

Charon had a post mentioning this. Give me a minute to look it up.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  6. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Exactly.

It's simple.

For players that don't want / like to grind, the option for you is...spend your money.
    For other players that don't mind the grind, the outcome for you will be...you won't perform at optimum levels for quite some time.

I try to mix it up a bit. Grind some, then buy some, grind some, then buy some...until I'm somewhere I feel comfortable.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

They said that the passive works with any summoned pet. The buff is activated when summoning a new pet and those who were on the field gain a buff. Not sure if this includes artifact pets.

So if you have robot/fury/crystal or any other pet you can give them a buff by summoning an additional pet, primarily trinket pets. If you are ice you should be able to summon snow devil to give robot a boost and same goes for nature’s swarm.
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

9. inferno Loyal Player

If $300 is that easy to spend for you, you must have a good pc, right? Go on test. Why spend that much money if you have the option to test the very same thing for free? If you really don't have access to a PC, go look at ObsidianChill's videos he's got some info there on Allies. At least, these are the options I look into before I plunk down $300.00 on any video game asset.

P.S. No, i would NOT plunk down $300 on one big swig like that on any video game.
    • Like x 2
  10. nawanda Loyal Player

Just don’t participate in the Ally system if you think it’s in an unacceptable state. I’m not, and neither are several of my friends. No allies equipped. I can still beat every piece of content in the game. Outside membership. The only thing I spend money on is seals.
    • Like x 3
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

For some of us, it was the saving grace of an update that has been a struggle. Just feels like another punch in the gut. :(
    • Like x 1
  12. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'm liking them enough. Cyborg is maxed now, spent $10. Flash and zooms passives are unlocked, took another $10. And source and some grind of course. Good little chunk of damage and the passives are good enough. Quality of life upgrade really since skimming was slow
    • Like x 2
  14. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Why are people rushing to level up their allies? What is the gain?
    • Like x 4
  15. Proxystar #Perception

The prices for these allies is atrocious, but there was absolutely zero reason to rush in there and level it to max on the first day

I have no pity for you when your approach clearly lacked common sense.

I mean what were you expecting a one shot trinket?
    • Like x 4
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Edit.... Nevermind...I don't care anymore. :(
  17. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Considering the price of these allies, I would suggest checking out Obsidian Chill's test video on YouTube

He does a very good job of digging into the nuts and bolts of what you can expect from each ally. He has a few other ally related videos that might help inform your decision.

I know many players are familiar with his videos but this if for those who may not be
    • Like x 3
  18. nawanda Loyal Player

Well, I get that, but if it’s not acceptable, don’t accept it. I’ve started playing some of the old elite raids since they backed down on source marks and if has been pretty enjoyable.

The devs have a mentality of “we think we are right and we are prepared to weather the player negativity”. Only a sustained financial hit makes them look at these things again. The number of cancelled memberships got source marks restored. If they see nobody is participating and spending money on Allies, they will back track on that too. The game is owned by a private equity giant who does not care about your feelings.
    • Like x 1
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Just ran Ffr, fvr, cour,and fsgr. Got 3 legendary alliances in under an hour...

Did everything get easier btw? Was a good group but missing some of our top burners and everything except the 14min run of fgsr was 8mins max
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Wait, weren't you the one complaining about the stat clamp and how you got killed through blocking and wanted the whole thing burned to the ground, now you're saying "it's pretty enjoyable"? geez, goes to show it was only ever about one thing to the anti clamp crowd, source marks, it was never about the system itself at all, that part was just hot air. Who'd have thunk it. :cool:
    • Like x 3