After Spending Almost $300USD To Level Aquaman This Is What I Found

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Realist617, Sep 5, 2021.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I was already worried about not being able to finish elites clamped, so thanks for compounding that. :(
    • Like x 2
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Exactly! When people advocate for everything to be free or dirt cheap they're advocating for the game to shut down. Because that's what businesses that aren't profitable do....they shut down.
    • Like x 3
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Lol well, I knew someone was going to say something about them only dropping in elite. I can't complain since that's all I tend to run at least on the one toon that would be using them. But they are on mp so there are options. Maybe they'll become drops tied to their game counter parts in all content, just far more rare for regular vs elite. That could already be the case and we just don't know yet

Edit: can they be put on broker? Another allowed Avenue if so
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s getting to the point where I want to ask DCUO… “What did I ever do to you?” :(
  5. Rejchadar Inquisitor

"Plowed IN" mentioned that it was droped in the FVr, so it's not all that bad ...
    • Like x 3
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Ok, well if that's the case then no one has anything to complain about. Grind or pay, same as any game out there.
    • Like x 1
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

But I wanted Aquaman… :(
    • Like x 1
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Elite??

I have 5050 Time Masters reknown..... I can tell you it does not drop in the solo.

And the solo seems to be lootlocked still. So you can spam it... but you need replays.

So you will have to spam the Elite raids to get the Legendary Alliance.. Elite Alerts maybe???? How many people even play/complete Elite raids??
    Good luck with that for most people.

Again.... what is the drop rate??

It is nice to say that there is an option to rank them up in game..... but when that option is nigh impossible for most players... it is as if that option does not exit.

So most people will have to buy their Legendary Alliance in the MP..... hence the $75 price tag.
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Lol well, $25 and he's all yours. And then a few months of grinding. This is exactly what their plan is, get the people that just need to have it vs those of us that would like. Like the TC's or bundle buyers. 10 years, never used money on any of that. But gimme my artis day 1 please. All the money
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Was just told they drop in reg also. So yeah, they're giving options aplenty. Play a lot and don't spend
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

But I have 4 characters… That’s $100. This update has been horrible for me and this was supposed to be a saving grace. I feel like I’ve been sucker punched twice. :(
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Of course...If you only run Elite content.... that explains it. :confused:
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I already play a lot.... and did not se single one yet.
    At this rate it will take 52 years to rank up one Ally.... if lucky. ;)
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Again... it is nice to say that the option exist.....

But if the drop is super UBER rare.... it is the same as if it did NOT exist. ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

and it's because of this kind of ridiculous individual that we have pay to win games, you really have to be an idiot to spend so much money on it, personally, I would never buy an ally at such an outrageous price, stop taking players for pigeons !!!!
  16. Rejchadar Inquisitor

One step at a time. Focus from the beginning on the 299000 exp needed for the Legendary allies, this is not a little, so by the time you get them, you may have a certain amount of LA (for lvl 6 where both passive skills are opened, you only need 11), maybe something will change in prices or maybe something will be added to the Cyborg assortment.
    In the meantime, use Cyborg as an ally, remember you said that he caused nightmares during TT? Well, let this bastard work for you now;) let it work for a couple of months;) and during this time something may change;) maybe the developers will add a cheaper ally, but more attractive to you, maybe you will have additional income and a sum of 75 not will seem big to you, maybe the Emperor of All Seas will be available for play money ...
    • Like x 2
  17. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

It was stated by Mepps the best selling marketplace cosmetic ever (Batman Cowl) didn't make in it's lifetime money equal to 1 time capsule or booster bundle. So it's not like the game is running out of money because it went f2p and now they need to paywall combat items, most money they made came from the lootboxes and not episode sales/membership.

In fact, episodes were partially free for 1 year and a half and you know what happened to their profits? According to Jack, players were spending more than ever. So, your argument doesn't sustain.

There is nothing that justifies locking legendary allies behind the marketplace
  18. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Notwithstanding, the $300.00 spent on an ally..:confused:

The Devs do need to add value to the ally system. Just explaining what they do is not enough. We should have the ability to actually see what they do at various levels before purchasing, and/or grinding to level one up, as with most items when traded in commerce.

Wouldn't mind seeing a test/practice instance, much like what they do with legends characters.
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh, I don’t lack the money. It’s that I’m having a bad time with the new update, and now I apparently have to pay $100 to enjoy the one aspect of it I was looking forward to. That’s what hurts.
    • Like x 1
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Next time i advise waching the testing videos.
    Sorry u werent aware of any of this an tested yourself but this was all tested extensivly and people made videos on it (this is why i onew to rank up cyborg and not waste time on the legendaries).
    Again, sry u found out the hard way.
    • Like x 1