After Spending Almost $300USD To Level Aquaman This Is What I Found

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Realist617, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Realist617 Active Player

So I payed for Aquaman which cost almost 30K marketplace cash on Xbox which is almost $300 dollars. I tested the damage extensively at each breakthrough as well as the pet boost using robot sidekick on a single target and guess what, there is ZERO difference between the damage or passive boosts as he levels up. The boost he gave to robot sidekick took the damage from about 5500/s to about 6200/s on average and that was the case at every level until he was maxed. Yo Daybreak, you literally just robbed me. Does it make you feel good that you con your players out of hard earned money? And befor anyone says "nobody made you spend money. you could level them naturally" guess what if I wanted to eat a salad I could plant all the vegetables and in 5 months have a great bowl of greens but if i want to eat befor I starve to death Im going to take my behind to the supermarket and buy it. These allies are a scam and a shakedown, period!!
    • Like x 10
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

Im sure they will adjust them, give them time. But we are pretty much in P2W space now.

(They shouldnt have released them like this, still)
    • Like x 5
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

Also DCUO loot-boxes exist. The water boiled several years ago and some thought it was a Jacuzzi. This the a better alternative. I rather spend weeks grinding them out over spending the money. Not everything needs to be the bleeding edge day 1.
    • Like x 4
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

If I'm not mistaken, the passive only applies to fury and crystal and probably those 2 powers other pets for now? Also, I didn't think that passive was working at all yet. But isn't that passive the last to unlock? The passives don't get any stronger as you level, just need to level enough to unlock. I know they said they were going to try to get rsk and turret to work with it also.

I could be totally wrong, this is just what I've read here and have been trying to follow it all. It's been the vaguest of all the passives regarding info.

Edit, your testing sure makes it look like they made it work and work for rsk. It's supposed to be a 10% buff iirc
    • Like x 2
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

So far for me, Cyborgs power generation is good....really good...

If they keep it as is. Well i see no reason to use anyone else.
    • Like x 3
  6. Rejchadar Inquisitor

And what exactly is a scam? On the test server, there is nothing in the description of the passive skill indicating that the pet boost increases with the level of the ally, has this changed on the live server? (this is not sarcasm, this is a specific question about the work of the passive skill and its description).
    By the way, it's good to know that the passive skill actually works and the rumors that the allies appeared in broken form are not true ...
    • Like x 1
  7. Irvynnge Loyal Player

300 large ones???? you spent 300 large ones on rubbish a pet???? bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!! oh,s&*t! I'm dyin' here!!!

( thanks for supporting the game, I guess ).

snort. chortle. wipes tear.
    • Like x 4
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The worst part? The developers aren’t going to change course as long as sucke-customers like this exist.
    • Like x 13
  9. Irvynnge Loyal Player

if it ain't broke. . .

hyuk.
    • Like x 3
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Looks like I’m stuck with HOL bot for the foreseeable future… I mean, moar dakka is cool too, but it’s just not the same. :(
    • Like x 1
  11. Caroline Dedicated Player

Oh no.
    • Like x 3
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Do you think this is bad? Imagine, Magneto here on the forum wrote how not good such prices ... and you know what? he already has a video of how he himself buys all 3 legendary allies, yes, yes, he says that it’s for the sake of the community and for the money earned on the video itself ... but the purchase is made, a signal in the form of money on the developers account is given ... that's worse in my opinion ...
    • Like x 5
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Damn it… I was desperate for Emperor Aquaman, but sometimes you just have to consider the kind of message you’re sending as a consumer… :(
    • Like x 4
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

If anyone is looking not to spend, you're best bet as of now is for dps: cyborg then flash and zoom passives. Assuming power isn't your issue. If it is, swap zoom and cyborg. In a role, use zoom for damage and cyborg and flash for passives. Easy peasy and very cheap even if using mp. Show some support, I did. I want aquamans passive more than most since I'm a pet build but until I know it works for sure, and how it triggers or if always active, this is how I'm built and they work great
    • Like x 3
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Good advice for sure, but it doesn’t really help me. :( Do Flash and Zoom have vfx on their passives? I’d like to be faster but I don’t want to be spraying speed force lightning everywhere.
    • Like x 1
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Nothing I'm noticing. I keep hearing a ding every now and then but I'm thankfully not noticing anything else. I haven't actually swapped cyborg into a passive slot yet but I rarely ever need more power while healing. Once they become saved to an armory, I'll start using them and be willing to spend more. I'm fine with $20 to get aquaman and I'm patient enough to not spend completely. I'll get some drops from elite and I'll buy some on occasion. My choice, not worried about others opinions about my spending habits. This game is wayyyyyyy low on my spending habit issues lol.
    • Like x 1
  17. Realist617 Active Player

I need to add about the robot sidekick damage test, the average went up on 50 10/s parcers. However, the highest parcer and the lowest parcer were the same. Meaning the robot wasnt actually capable of hitting higher with the passive active.
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, that should be good then. Do you know who’s best out of Oracle, Calculator and HOL bot?
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The passive only applies to Earth and Sorcery pets..... so Fury and Crystal.

Which makes me wonder.. do the people in charge of coming up with the Ally system ever played DCUO??

The support ability says that it applies for a short while when you summon the pets.

But..... you don't summon the pets before combat.
    You summon them and keep them at your side until they die..... and only THEN summon them again.

The way this support ability works....
    you would have to summon unsummon the pets all the time and summon them just before battle.
    Pretty sure no one does that.

Looking at the Allies... I cannot help but think that whoever came up with the Allies and their abilities never played DCUO.... ever.
    As if someone in the Marketing department with no knowledge of the game came up with the Ally system??

Or is it some new people in charge from EG7 who are not very familiar with DCUO that came up with the Ally system??

Either way..... the new Ally system is..... lets say..... very disappointing. :(

Although some of the Allies abilities are broken.... i would not be surprised if this one is too.
    • Like x 3
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

And yet you still bought them, or so I’ve heard… say it isn’t so. :(
    • Like x 3