Advice on Daybreak Cash

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dr.EvilZ, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Dr.EvilZ New Player

Hopefully getting the membership this Friday and it comes with 500 Daybreak cash, anyway i was wondering if anyone has some advice what i should spend it on, i don't want to make the mistake of buying like a cool cosmetic or something when there is something else that would help me get started?
  2. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I would say use it on Replay Badges or Seals of Preservation. If you are just getting started out you won't need a Seal of Completion for quite some time. But Seals of Preservation for your Artifacts will be needed soon in your progression and Replay Badges are always useful when gearing/leveling up.
  3. Dr.EvilZ New Player

I have a character CR257 and another CR56 i think, i'm also working on others but i main these two
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It depends - are you going back to being premium after the month is up? If you are then I'd advise buying a quality of life upgrade such as the lair system so that you then have access to base mods, tactical mods, orbital strike etc. or the utility belt system. You will have full access to both of these while you're a member, but once your membership finishes you will lose them unless you have purchased the upgrades separately. If you have these already then disregard that and probably wait for a sale on Artifact stuff like was mentioned above.
    • Like x 3
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You might also check out the starter pack, if you're brand new.
    • Like x 2
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd agree with saving it for a sale. Assuming you will let membership slip, the only advantage to buying today is the 10% discount. Almost any sale will be more than 10% in the future so you will maximize your DBC...maybe a lot if the sale is good. Other than that, I'd say get something that will apply to all characters like inventory/bank slots, the gear-up bundle or a teleporter. The personal workstation is great too...invaluable when you are back to premium and storage of junk gear is a hassle. With any of that...you'll get to enjoy your spend a bit more as you'll use those things every day. If you do only want to focus on 1 character, I'd suggest a 2nd armory. And you can't go wrong with seals either, you will need them when leveling up your artifacts. You should be able to use SOP till level 140 or so, and that might take a bit to get to so you could buy 1 or 2 packs now and hold the rest of the DBC waiting on a sale. Unfortunately you just missed a really good sale last month.

I'd stay away from cosmetics unless it's something you really need to make an iconic look...and you really want to do that. There are a lot of styles in game and most people don't stick with one very long. That 'Mecha-Star wings' look might get old really quick. Stay far away from any one-and done consumables like stabilizers, Soder ultimates, stabilizers, source marks, stabilizers or ....stabilizers.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  7. Brit Loyal Player

If your intentions are to revert to Premium after the month, then definitely you want to be buying the Lair System. That is unlocked for free as a Legendary member, but premiums need to unlock it as a one-time purchase. Access to the mainframe provides a stat boost, but it is the Lair Mods for your gear that are going to be game-changers for many powersets and roles.

If you're going to remain Legendary for a while, then just save it up. Especially when you're first starting out, Replay Badges are unnecessary because you have plenty of content to run for Source Marks. And Seals are unnecessary until you start getting the higher level breakthroughs. Even Seals of Preservation, it's just cheaper and easier to unlock extra catalysts if you fail one of those earlier breakthroughs.

Save it for later and watch for the sales, if you're going to be a member for a while. But if you're going Premium, you will want Lair Access for sure.
    • Like x 2
  8. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

to add to this a bit you will also want the Utility Belt add on as well so if its at all possible id recommend keeping membership for an extra month and getting both Lair System and Utility Belt
  9. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

Honestly given how most of the things in the marketplace are at just below or above the 500DBC area I would save a couple of months worth. Get 1500-2000 then look through the marketplace and see what you want. If any of it is altering a character, name, body type, powerset or the like that's all 450-900 something each the 20 stabilizers are 1700 something. Things like that. So save up for a while. And if you are buying the full year (which I recommend) you have time to wait. Just remember you are required to login and manually claim the 500DBC each month unlike other games they don't just credit your account.
    • Like x 1