Advance To Level 30

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by agentofthebat, Jan 20, 2019.

1. agentofthebat Active Player

So I just noticed something about being able to level my hero up to level 30 in the bottom of my log in screen. If I make my hero a level 30 will that still let me play all the story missions? It will just let me use level 30 gear?
  2. Eve YouTuber

Are you playing on test server? Because there is no advance to level 30 on live server. Only level 25 or CR 210,
    and the 210 skips you all the way to Earth 3.
  3. agentofthebat Active Player

My bad! It is only 25 or CR 210. BTW what is the CR stuff. But I guess back to my first question. If I go level 25 I can still do the lower missions and use weapons for level 25 players correct that will do a ton more damage?
  4. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

CR (combat rating) is how characters advance once they reach level 30, as 30 is the highest level in the game. Any numbers you see over 30 are combat ratings.

CR is all about your gear. Once you get to 30 each piece of gear has a CR number and your CR is set by the average of the gear you have on and in your inventory. So higher CR gear raises your CR but you always want to take care of the lowest CR gear first, if you don't it will limit your CR progression. Utility belts and trinkets count as the same thing, so the CR of whichever is higher will be counted but only the stats of the Utility belt will be applied to your character.

Oh and there is also ECR (equipped combat rating) this shows on the screen to the right of your characters name and is the number you will see on other players. This is the number based solely on the gear you are wearing and is usually lower than your full CR.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your original question. I'm one who likes to go from start to finish, even if I've done it a thousand times. So I never found out how that works.
  5. myandria Item Storage

Hmmm...

If you skip to level 25 you can still do the lower missions and use level 25 gear and weapons. If you are looking to get through the lower content quickly then I suggest purchasing a Lexcorp Starter Pack ($7.99). It gives a gearbox every 5 levels until you reach level 25 and the gear is powerful enough to get you going fast. So, if you skip to level 25 and get the starter pack, you will be a little more powerful than just getting the gear drops from the missions if you went from start to finish.

I have leveled a few toons from start to finish with the Lexcorp pack; it was nice to have the Lexcorp pet to help out with the mentor missions. Like Ankh Legacy, I like to level my toons from start to finish; however, the journey is a little faster with the pack.

Here is a link with info on the Lexcorp pack: https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Starter_Pack_by_LexCorp
  6. agentofthebat Active Player

Thanks for the answer guys!