Adds that barely do damage shouldn't put us into combat.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vulpar, Oct 16, 2020.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

Well i didnt say that, i can easily turn off movement mode and walk unhindered. (it only slows you if youre in movement mode) I do that because in 2012, i played Villain. Heroes would try and gank you, so id just lunge the farthest one away and use that to leapfrog from distant mob to distant mob to counteract the movement slowdown xD. I just applied it to PvE as well
    • Like x 1
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've always looked at it as they just don't know. With the story behind the game, everyone and their brother's-uncle's-cousin's-former roommate is getting powers left and right. There's too many of us to keep track of, so many are gonna think, "Hey, it's not Superman, I'll take this newbie down no problem!"

Then they quickly discover how mistaken they were. LOL

It even gets reflected in some of the low level NPC dialogue. At least one mugger exclaims, "What are you supposed to be?! Costumed freak!" when you take them down. Seems like there was another along those lines but I can't think of what it might be off the top of my head.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yep...can totally see Superman, on his way to stop a bank robbery or to save Lois, going through a crowded Metro area and he hears "help...some kid just kicked me in the shin"...not only would he delay going to save Lois or foil that ARMED bank robbery...he'd murder the kid who was doing the kicking and anyone else who was in that kid's posse if they step up. But hey...maybe they'd have some nickles or backpacks he could pick up as part of the deal...so bonus!
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

BTW...although I'm on the side of having some CC resistance against adds that couldn't kill you in 10 hours if you laid down...the BFE duos would never take 1 min. The task inside the duo (bust pods, release civs, blow up bombs) take longer that 1 min even if there were no adds present...not to mention if you get the one where you need to babysit the turrets...which is a frigging 'death by boredom' headache on it's own merit. While the adds do 'add' to the slowness, they are at least a active part of the mission...you should have to interact with them. To me...the more annoying thing is the ones who auto agro you just by passing by...especially if you are just moving through an OW area....they can agro you out of movement mode if they never even get a shot in on you...just pull agro.

Also, if going just for the count, do Metro general walkin...can be done in under 4 min if you know where all the 'tasks' are and carry a shield for grabbing the gears.
    • Like x 1
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It may not be what you think is the right way, but it's the way the devs want it.

Think about it: the game's been going on for close to ten years now, and there's been a couple of significant passes at powers and other aspects of the game in that time. So there have been some opportunities to make changes along the line of what is being asked for. But not once, NOT ONCE have they changed the fact that we aren't 100% immune to CC or that we get slowed down in combat. And to the best of my knowledge they've never really looked into it.

Those things that bug you are by design. They want it that way and have shown no sign of deviating from that path over the past decade or so. And if you really want it to change I think you're going to have to show it to be an actual problem with the game and not just something you (and others) might have a problem with. See, something like the issue with Murk in Patchwork Themyscira? That's an actual problem. Getting slowed down in combat or suffering from CC due to lower level/CR NPCs? It sounds like it just bothers you and others, and I don't think "because it bugs me" is going to be nearly enough of a compelling reason for them to make the changes being sought.
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed set the turret mission aside because nuff said haha but i disagree. I will bet anything (turret mission an cut scene time aside) i can for sure solo any of the maps in BFE duo in under a min. I cant see it taking more then 2 min topps even if u didnt know the spots which is still exponentially faster per than the current state be ause u spend 10 min+ CC’d
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yea thats a cop out answer. Nothing about them not fixing it says that it shouldnt be fixed. Thats literally using the excuse “its always been that way” or “we have always done it that way” to not look at fixing something and its literally the worst excuse possible. Its the excuse that stops progress on almost anything (i hear it in smaller manufacturing facilities all the time).
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If it takes you 10+ min, you are doing something wrong. 4 min in Gotham metro....maybe 5 if its the other one that's NOT the turret one(hotel maybe?). Tell you what...if you want to give it an honest test, get one of the maps that is not turrets, but not 'break the pods' and clear all the adds. Then go back to spawn and start a stopwatch...that's the map without adds. If you can honestly say you cleared all the citizens or bombs and boss in under 1 min, I'll believe you. I'd guess more like 2, maybe 3 if you get that boss who gets inside his bubble for 30-40 seconds if you don't kill him quick enough.
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If it's working as the devs intend it to work, there's nothing TO fix and no real reason for them to make any fixes.

You don't have to like it, but until or unless you and others come up with a better reason than "it bothers me" it's probably not going to change any time soon.
  10. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Yeah, it bothers me, too. I don't see it getting "fixed" any time, but it's like an armored car being slowed down by a few flecks of dust.

It's a silly thing for the game, and mildly annoying. But hardly game-breaking and, it seems, not worth changing for the developers.
    • Like x 1
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Im sure it is but i tended back in T2 is not the same thing as a 10 year later current state.
    Even at T4 it was annoying being CC’d by such low Lvl adds but i can go with it i suppose as its not a big leap. Now we are 10 years later. Prime can be solo’d in a few min topps (i do it every week).
    Realistically, you expect me to believe that the devs designed (on purpose with 10 years down the road vision) for us to be at 320 CR and still be CC’d by adds from T2?????
    Come on bro lol, seriously??? Im for sure gonna need a dev to confirm this is all Part of the grand design before i swallow that pill lol and if so then it is what it is. But f not, then perhaps things like this that were fine (and are fine) for relevancy need threshlods etc
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Ok for sake of argument lets agree its a 5 min gig per run cuts scenes and mechanics like turrets an the bubble boss i forgot about aside. Thats still under 2 min to clear if it worked “properly IMO” so your still talking 2-3x more time per instance min times x number of instances in the game.
    That adds up my man. That equals hours an hours total for all instances........
    Big picture. If u wanna argue a specific instance and time with vs w/out then cool (i was just using as an example not a specific). But if thats the argument then factor ALL instances we mutually agree are too low and you get a rather large # in terms of time to complete w/CC vs w/out CC.

Thresholds are needed IMO. Its not game breaking as was recently said BUT that doesnt mean its not worth asking for. Defending it guarantees they wont look at it tho or prob wont even comment and theres no reason i can think of to defend it.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I was using that specific instance because it's the fastest and it's not that fast (1 min)...others are worse, even without the CC effects. I already said that they should be able to implement something where if the difference between what the ads can put out damage wise, and what we could take in...we should get some invulnerability. The difference should have to be huge, so like damage <= 1% of our total hp or something...so if you have 20K HP, anything that can't do 200 per hit, can't pull you out of movement or CC you. I agree on the annoyingness of the issue...but more where it's random fly bys vs actually going into something to actually fight anyway. If I'm doing a bottle duo, I'm bringing the agro already...all 300CR difference worth of it...if I'm running a race, I'm not...if I'm working a cog on a exo..I'm not. That's where if find it more annoying, in an actual fight I'm looking to start...those dudes are dead before I'm annoyed that much.

Make no mistake...I'm not defending it...overall, I agree, they probably didn't intend in these T1-T2 adds still hassling us in 10 years, but I'd also guess they didn't think the game would be going in 10 years at that point.
    • Like x 1
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed for sure and to be clear, i didnt mean to sound like i was suggesting you specifically are defending it. I was speaking generally On that part, sorry
    • Like x 1