Addressing the Bugs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sentiency, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Sentiency Well-Known Player

With the introduction of the new bug with gear, it is vital that these issues be addressed- and yet we’ve had minimal communication today in regards to what is going on and what is going to happen.

Could we maybe be put in a downtime to immediately address some of these important issues before new ones pop up? Can we receive compensation for the days that we’ve had to endure the disconnects, bugs, and glitches- given that this far beyond what should be expected with the launch of a new episode?

Are these things that can be expected to be resolved soon, or does it look to be an issue that may take a while to fix? A lot of people have questions and honestly after logging in and seeing 30k health gone, 40k power gone, 13k resto gone, artifacts with base stats, fortify tab gone, and augments with base stats… it’s making me personally question whether or not the fun I have in this game is worth the consistent lag/bugs we have to deal with.

I’ve yet to make a thread that’s this outwardly negative but I feel that when HoL released with no new raids, alerts, etc. that we were all banking on this episode going over somewhat smoothly and it hasn’t. It’s getting old.
    • Like x 7
  2. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Don't hold your breath. There are still 1st year bugs they haven't fixed yet.
    • Like x 5
  3. Trykz Dedicated Player

I’m sure they are hard at work today on the issues. Mepps will undoubtedly speak up when he has something substantial to say. Eg when there is a fix or a time estimate, something of substance to post.

Bugs are annoying, but they aren’t localized to dcuo. Every live server mmorpg has had its share of shut downs, exploits, hot fixes, new dlc woes, and all the forum hate that comes with them.

I completely understand your frustration and I hope the issues you’re having, that we are all having, are resolved quickly.
    • Like x 5
  4. TritonD3 Well-Known Player

In my 15 odd years of playing MMOs (granted I haven't played ALL of them) I've never encountered a game with this many issues. This isn't hyperbole. Sometimes I play a game with a friend to see if we can name one thing in the game that works without any sort of bug/glitch/unintended behavior. It's harder than you think.
    • Like x 4
  5. Trykz Dedicated Player

I know it’s twisting words but in all fairness there ISNT another mmorpg like dcuo. So some of the bugs and what not could easily be explained as being static to dcuo considering dcuo is a stand alone game with stand alone issues?
    I’ve been playing since launch, I agree that there is a lot of things that should have been, and should be fixed, and there’s a lot that will be fixed.
    It’s always a choice to log in though. Does the enjoyment you receive playing out weigh the frustration you feel with the bugs? I answer yes every morning, but maybe one day that’ll change.
    • Like x 1
  6. Patrick_Jones Level 30

To make us shut up understand the situation, they could at least give us a heads up, tho...

I mean I played many many online games, and I assume others as well.
    We DO understand video (online) games are made by people and they are in fact working on the issues everyday.

BUT how are we so sure about that they are "WORKING ON IT" if they aren't telling us as soon as those issues are up?

like people left multiple threads on Bug Report and only DEV reply on "WORKING ON IT" is on those OP gear stat drop thing
    in General Gameplay section.

For whom like you or me, we understand they are currently inspecting issues on bugs because we read stuff in forum.

However, one of the DEVs need to step up at least give us the official post that they are working on
    what or acknowledged stuff instead of replying stuff and hiding elsewhere

so for you, being nice and help people understand the situation is good internet behavior,
    but it really isn't helping anyone.
  7. Trykz Dedicated Player

They continually address these issues and cross them off as they are completed, they do not always update with each completion though. If there are issues that are in this thread then there is really no need for continual updates. They told there was a problem, they told us their immediate fix, they’ll tell us when they have a permanent fix.
    You can’t expect an update every quarter of the hour or they wouldn’t have time to fix the issue.

Sorry if none of this helps you.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/episode-42-known-issues.319750/
    • Like x 1
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

It’s here:

Op items broke after restart
    • Like x 1
  9. Trykz Dedicated Player

Thanks, when I seen the op Items hadn’t made it to the known issues thread yet I was like oh here we go lmao.

Seriously just trying to help and diminish some frustration here lol.
  10. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

This is my first DLC launch since coming back after 6 years. I had to laugh, and told my old league mates that some things never change. DLC drops and the game is pretty much unplayable for about a week. Certainly unplayable at a normal pace. I've DC'd, frozen, my artifacts don't work, inexplicable changes in my stats etc.

Having gone through this so many times in the past, it was almost a comfortable nostalgia trip. Kind of like watching your 8 year old nephew performing in a mandatory talent show. You know it's going to be a painful experience, but you do it out of affection for the game.
    • Like x 2
  11. Patrick_Jones Level 30

You don't have to give me that link, I made myself clear that I know those because I come and go in the forum.

I know, please READ the part where I said 'like people left multiple threads ... General Gameplay section'
    that was referring to that comment in that thread.

what I wanted to say clear on behalf of the OP is that, DEVs must make an official thread about
    this is happening because of the fortification went off / hence all the OP equipments are down-graded
    + at least give us the timeframe on how long the fortification will be off, or how they are handling with them now
  12. Trykz Dedicated Player

Couldn’t have said it better myself.
    +1
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

Does this work for you?

Episode 42: Known Issues
    • Like x 1
  14. Jaelia Committed Player

I agree I rather have a day + of down time to address these issues then have to play with the issues. At least some communication from the developers side would be lovely about all these issues within the game going on. I understand the dlc just came out it’s bound to have its own content issues but these issues are affecting all types of gameplay. :(
    • Like x 1
  15. Sentiency Well-Known Player

Considering this doesn’t even mention today’s bug, mentions no timeframe for potential fixes, offers no compensation for the amount of bugs we’ve put up with- no it’s not good enough. Just being aware isn’t sufficient for this amount of issues given how long we’ve waited for actual content (new raids, alerts, etc.) More communication WOULD be nice.
    • Like x 3
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are working on each issue as it is reported and as quickly as possible.

Known issues will be periodically updated, as will individual threads/bug report threads as more information is available.
    • Like x 8
  17. Patrick_Jones Level 30

• Like x 1