Adding an option to play old instance without stats clamped would just solve everything

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Sep 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Oooh sick burn. If this wasn't DC comics based *none of us* would have been playing this for the past 10 years either. It doesn't stand on its own without the IP. That's not a jab at the dev team here either... they're doing their best with what they've got in terms of budget and direction.

So, I doubt I'll be playing GI in 10 years but that has more to do with it not having a deep IP I have interest with than it being an inferior game -- and it is a superior game in every objective way. If it was a superhero or DC comics game DCUO would be a ghost town though.

GI is a gacha game. It's monetized using microtransactions and "gambling" to "earn" characters. The 4 star characters are easiest to get and all endgame viable but the 5 star characters have to mostly be gambled for and are Stier characters. There is an ingame earnable currency that can be used to purchase from the store though (including for paid Stier characters) so the game is very f2p friendly. It is also on topic to point out that their accounts are cross platform -- they migrate their accounts from PC, to mobile, to PS and back no problem at all. So you can go back and forth on any platform you want.

For anyone wondering it's like playing a cross between Legend of Zelda vs Avatar the Last Airbender. It's definitely enjoyable and the production quality is incredible. I'm constantly impressed. It feels like I'm playing an episode of an anime.

This. I've had my fill of authoritarianism for a few years still. Especially in my spare time.

And also, there's a lot of group think happening around here... Like you point out, there's people arguing just because their friend is arguing or the other person is not well liked or whatever, rather than on the merits of the issue. I have very little patience for this sort of thing.

And I mean some of these people can't even properly interpret the TOS -- the guy confusing virtual currency with real world money is a head scratcher. But seeing another poster's primitive drawing also made me realize we're probably arguing with literal children who just don't get it and won't for another 15 years... So, my take away is that it's pointless to engage with them at all. Add them to ignore and keep on trucking. ¯\_(ヅ)_/¯
    • Like x 5
  2. catplaysxoxo Committed Player

Primitive drawing? Is it that hard for you Apollonia to not insult someone?
    • Like x 3
  3. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Insult? Everyone started somewhere. They simply have to level up and git gud that's all. With practice and effort and some time, I'm sure they'll do amazing things. It's not an insult to say that to anyone around here -- they themselves have been saying it to everyone for weeks now.

And you're not really in a position to lecture anyone on insulting others. Maybe sit this one out.
    • Like x 7
  4. the solowing Devoted Player

Meanwhile the person calling us children is playing/complaining in a game about super-heroes...
    • Like x 3
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Happy 30 pages day! Here’s to another 30 pages of everyone digging their heels in and refusing to budge an inch! :D
    • Like x 6
  6. Apollonia Dedicated Player

The topic isn't what makes anyone posting childish. The understanding of the topic, quality of the replies and treatment of each other is.
    • Like x 4
  7. the solowing Devoted Player

Rust happens if you dont draw for long periods ya know lol.;)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Irony never seems to dawn upon you.
    • Like x 2
  9. the solowing Devoted Player

All i see is The Con and you insulting everyone who doesnt agree with you.
    • Like x 3
  10. TheRealDemon Dedicated Player

Mepps can you please close this thread already lmao I know you guys want feedback, but this is getting ridiculous.
  11. Apollonia Dedicated Player

The whole reason why you and I don't get along anymore is because you've spent the last 3 weeks insulting people who you don't agree with. Your posts are lacking in self awareness.

Good work. Keep at it.
    • Like x 5
  12. TheRealDemon Dedicated Player

Do you know his in game name?
    • Like x 1
  13. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I'll save you the time, you're not my type.
    • Like x 4
  14. TheRealDemon Dedicated Player

I didn't know you DC date, because I don't. Also what happened to having me "blocked" I guess you lied about that like how you do everything else.
    • Like x 1
  15. the solowing Devoted Player

Actually the stat clamp threads simply exposed how you would treat me if i didn't agree with you lol

You were fine with Proxy until he changed his opinion, and so did your perception of him.
    • Like x 2
  16. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Committed Player

Actually the stat clamp threads FFXIV
    • Like x 1
  17. Apollonia Dedicated Player

No. Bad take. When you spend weeks insulting people, you can't expect them to be nice to you. Maybe consider it if you want people to like you or be kind to you. I guarantee you I don't expect kindness from anyone I'm not kind to myself.

Feel free to quote back to me where I insulted you (let's not repeat DS; fail though lol). Personal attacks aren't my thing. It's about the topic/issue always.

And no. Proxy got put on ignore after the membership thread.
    • Like x 4
  18. the solowing Devoted Player

^^^This post^^
    [IMG]
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Committed Player

Is that a screenshot from FFXIV?
    • Like x 3
  20. the solowing Devoted Player

If i quoted every insult i saw you make since the Stat clamp announcement:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
Thread Status: