Adding an option to play old instance without stats clamped would just solve everything

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Sep 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apollonia Dedicated Player

[IMG]

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you offered this issue in bad faith. Ad hominem attacks, even if they have merit, don't detract from the facts of an [unrelated] issue.
  2. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]

No one's my fellow. I only appear to entertain myself with the stupidity.
    • Like x 2
  3. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Fair enough, I just thought you'd spend more time arguing on Final Fantasy forums than these ones.
    • Like x 1
  4. OnlyNomad The One Above All

That person's ego won't let them accept they lost an argument, the ad hominem argument they made was a poor man's distraction.
    • Like x 2
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

Why would i need to? Nothing to say, when you get pretty got all your wants covered.
    • Like x 1
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

According to Evolved, those who made the initial allegations of harassment against Morrison “chose not to participate or supply additional evidence.”

Based on the investigation’s results, Evolved said there was not enough evidence to support claims made against Morrison and have reinstated him to his position in the agency. “This investigation showed that there was no evidence that Mr. Morrison engaged in any predatory behavior as alleged,” Evolved wrote.

The agency claimed the booking of a single Airbnb room was “credibly unintentional” but that Morrison “should have made alternative arrangements.” Evolved said its records show this type of incident has not happened since. Morrison also admitted to making inappropriate jokes but has since “taken steps to grow both personally and professionally.”

They didn't say he didn't do any of it... Just couldn't get people to testify so they had to let him go. Id rather get advice from someone who doesn't have history like this.
  7. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Exactly. But it goes back to what I said in the other thread in response to citing sources -- why would anyone bother doing the work and providing "sources" because they would still refute the source anyhow.

Here I enjoyed some Schadenfreude bc I didn't have to spend time doing any re-researching and had his info handy tho.

As a card carrying member of team rainbow, I'm perfectly fine with someone acknowledging they made transphobic remarks, understanding how their words were hurtful and learning from it.

You'd rather get advice from someone who knows nothing about the topic if it suited your narrative.

This is what not being able to admit when you're wrong looks like.
    • Like x 3
  8. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I don't see how any of that pertains to the conversation, again it's just a distraction from the actual point made and the argument. Carry on.
    • Like x 3
  9. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Exactly.

I mean if they're going to cite the TOS, it's fair to reply with a referral to an attorney. :rolleyes: One with a long history in the industry.
  10. OnlyNomad The One Above All

People these days would rather die being wrong than admit they were. It's almost as if their insecurities won't allow them to accept the truth, even if you provide them with sources, they'll straight up dismiss them (False news, etc.) or attempt to find something wrong with the author of the source in order to distract you away from the realm argument.
    • Like x 3
  11. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I don't care if the lawyer was caught doing blow with hookers and was fired, it doesn't automatically invalidate their work.
    • Like x 1
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

What point? xD That the ToS isn't worth the paper is printed on because Appol knows better then the lawyers who drafted it up?
    • Like x 1
  13. OnlyNomad The One Above All

You're either being purposely dense or just frying up an argument for the sake of doing it. You're completely ignoring the point made which was that the TOS doesn't circumvent a country's laws. A TOS is written in order to protect a company from pointless litigation.

Let's say the U.S. decided to ban lottery type lootboxes, a lot of games like DCUO would have to update their TOS in order to comply with the county's new law. The TOS is just rules set within the parameters of a company, not outside of it.
    • Like x 3
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

Just so you understand. If your or anyone elses account gets banned, there is no legal recourse for it. Argument done.
  15. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I was about to use this exact example.

Years ago players used the TOS to justify lootboxes in the game also citing the same part of the TOS. Different territories are catching up and enacting consumer protections against predatory development practices and companies update their practices (and TOSs) to be in compliance with local laws.

There was a really interesting symposium on this topic this summer at the GDC. The guest speaker (an attorney) made the point that "yes, you can put it in your TOS and might get away with it, but it's better not to do it at all and self regulate so that the law isn't forced to regulate the industry in response to a few bad actors". Maybe Solowing missed it. It's online on YouTube tho.

Depends on the region. If a region's laws say there's recourse, that supersedes a game's TOS. And in places it doesn't it could still be challenged by someone enthusiastic ($$) enough.
    • Like x 3
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

"He is a horrible attorney that royally screwed us," Klein stated. "The fact that he is handling [xQc's fair use claim] makes me very, very nervous. We almost sued him for malpractice. The next attorneys we got, who were extremely competent, were just outraged about how he handled this."

He continued, "Ryan Morrison is out there saying [xQc's restream of the Olympics] was fair use, and I actually am afraid that Ryan is misleading [xQc]. . . If Ryan represents him in a bad case, not only is xQc going to get screwed with time and money and liability, but he could actually set back the work that we have done. If we get a bad ruling against fair use, that could screw everybody."

Ryan Morrison served as H3H3's first attorney in their lawsuit against Matt Hoss. Matt Hoss sued H3H3 Productions over a video parody in 2016, and after litigation, H3 Productions ended up winning the suit on fair use arguments in mid-2017, but only after changing lawyers.

https://www.invenglobal.com/article...ns-criticizes-xqcs-lawyer-video-game-attorney

Cite a better Attorney that doesn't get called out for MALPRACTICE by its own client..
    • Like x 1
  17. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]

I should've known when I asked myself if you were purposely being dumb.
    • Like x 3
  18. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Solowing's idea that a TOS is above a country's laws is ridiculous. No point arguing that stupidity.
    • Like x 3
  19. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

But you are ignoring the part where Apolloina didn’t actually prove in anyway that the tos doesn’t apply in this case, in fact they even admitted that in their post. So whether or not it applies or not in certain jurisdictions is irrelevant. All that matters is can the devs change values and adjust stats on virtual items and the answer is yes, yes because the tos says so.

If he lost Apolloina would have had to show that the devs have no right to do the stats clamp, that there is some possible legal recompense for players dissatisfied with the stat clamp.

Have you asked Apolloina to put you in touch with their lawyer? Or have you tried contacting directly? Or have you contacted your own if you have one? Since you believe they won then you must believe you are entitled to some sort of compensation no? That’s literally what’s being argued here
    • Like x 5
  20. Apollonia Dedicated Player

They don't exist.

All lawyers have complaints against them. Especially from clients who lose cases and so on. It's the nature of the industry. You think a disgruntled client will be more honourable than some rando online who drags up unrelated harassment issues on forums? No. People are human and they sling mud when that's all they've got.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.