Adding a Test Server to PS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CodedKills, Jul 25, 2019.

1. CodedKills Well-Known Player

Y’all should add a test server to the playstation store and make it a completely different application. I’ve seen this done with Player Unknown Battlegrounds. When I bought the game they also gave me a test server application for free. Adding this would bring a lot more testers so I don’t see why not.
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

you shoudl've used a forum search...

the reasons are:
    • the possible update frequency and speed is very low, making it inefficient. In case you didn't know, Sony wants to test all updates that go on a PS - which takes time
    • it is more expensive because as mentioned above, Sony tests updates and they take a significant amount of money for that
    Yes, it could be done, but the test server would be udpated very rarely and DCUO would have to become more expensive. You thought it is free to make, but it is not.
    • Like x 8
  3. CodedKills Well-Known Player

I never said it would be free to make. I said that when I bought that game they gave me the test server for free. Of course it’s gonna cost money to make this happen. My point is that adding a PS test server would be better for the future of DCUO.
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

Being a person on the Test Server on PC, it /may/ benefit the future of DCUo but in reality it will just allow more players who were banned from the game to play the game without spending any money and promote more freeloaders.

Even if it could benefit DCUO, the logistics, as well as the cost LL mentioned, are not possible. A Proper Test Server on PS4 is not possible. PC Test can get multiple updates in a day to keep it up to date. PS4 and even all consoles can't allow that because they have their own QA protocol that takes weeks to approve and if it gets denied, thats a test patch update lost as well as money.
    • Like x 6
  5. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

I do not remember any games having a test server on the Sony consoles. I have done my fair share of beta-testing games on the Sony consoles, but that is as far as Sony will want to go. Beta-Testing is only for a limited time; even demo's only take up a small amount of space and they don't need updating unless the developer pays for it.

So, the issue is more on Sony's end than it is on Daybreak's end. I am not saying that your idea is a bad one; it is just one that cannot be done the technology and protocols that Sony has in place.
  6. High Troller Loyal Player

i back trexlight up on the part about banned players. my last few times on test there were players bragging that they live in the test server because they were banned for one or more reasons. some of these players speedhack and are left unchecked. sad.

if they are banned from the game (especially for hacking), they really don't belong on test server.
    • Like x 4
  7. myandria Item Storage

Agreed. I do find it odd that you can play on the test server even though you are banned. From my experience, when you are banned from a game, you are banned from ALL aspects, including the test server and especially the forums so the banned person doesn't try to troll or set it on fire.
    • Like x 2
  8. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

The game itself is the ps4 (previously ps3) test server.
    Plenty of bugs, crashes and lag galore for you to get a fulfilling testing experience.;)
    • Like x 2
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The test server was opened to all on the PC platform (where before you needed an account to have access to it). Since it's free to get on, anyone with a valid email address can get in. Daybreak doesn't lose money from those losers on the test server, nor do they cause any major disturbance to the populace at large. At most they are a nuisance.
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

Waste of time and money while also defeating the purpose of having a server that can be updated quickly.
    • Like x 2
  11. CodedKills Well-Known Player

If you’re worried about banned players and freeloaders on test server then they could make it a legendary membership exclusive. Even if they don’t change that, it’s not like these people are really getting the most out of the game, the test server’s so unpopulated you can barely get a group for an alert. And what multiple updates in a day are you talking about i’ve never heard of this happing on test.
    It’s not like DC’s pumping out updates every month so time shouldn’t be an issue. If it takes weeks for the certification process and we’re suppose to get a new dlc every 3-4 months, your telling me in that time DC can’t get an update passed for us to test before it goes live.
  12. Elusian Crowd Control

• Like x 1
  13. High Troller Loyal Player

i reported hackers on test server in the past, but i don't think there's not really any moderation that exist on the test server.
  14. CodedKills Well-Known Player

15. Elusian Crowd Control

Those are also considered updates and changes. Its the same as a content update. It would take 2 weeks or more for approval to get on a ps test server. That test server would be useless as new content is usually up there 2,5 weeks. That is what Trex was explaining.
    • Like x 4
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

Its exactly how Elu said. When i say Updates, Im not referring to Game Updates, Im referring to updating the Test Server with new changes. Hotfixes are updates tied to Live Servers. Test Server doesnt do these Hotfixes, they do actual updates that together turn into Game Updates to launch on Live Servers.

And yes, they actually release monthly Game Updates. When you look at Episode Launches. They arrive on Test and they are there for 2 weeks of testing. We give feedback but some changes dont take effect on Launch Day because the game is going through QA process. Some Hotfixes to fix bugs we reported can be applied faster than others, depending on the level of difficulty to fix things. This process was actually just done to Hi-Rez's Smite recent Update. They were delayed a day cause the QA found an error and luckily they were able to fix it. Usually its delayed a week.
    • Like x 2