Add Time Capsule Collections and Styles to the Quarks Vendor

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TybeeTahiri, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yes, it adds up to about 3-5 million tops (unless you're talking about opening all 100 on day 1 of launch, of course), while the rare collection goes for around 100 million. o_O
    • Like x 4
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

This right here.

Also for any doubters, I have most of the rare collections and I have lots of in-game money. I’m not trying to take an easy way out, I’m thinking about what is best for the community.
    • Like x 5
  3. VariableFire Loyal Player

The only sticking point I can see is them letting us know how much they make off of the whales per TC (since the quark price would undoubtedly be set to however many quarks the whales usually spend).
  4. Brav Well-Known Player

(Well, I am also going to Support this Idea by Sharing my Quote on this Subject, Which I have Posted Originally in the Benefits Thread and Shared in Another).

• Like x 2
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Ive never seen the quark vendor i dont even know where its at.. and have no idea whats in it.but this sounds an awful like how other games deal with these loot boxes.... you open up so many loot boxes and get points towards a special vendor that has older stuff in it from either old loot boxes or super rare items that only were on their market place for like a few days... or maybe stuff that had been taken down years ago... and gives people a chance to get it...

If its anything like that..then i think they should do this as well there wouldn’t e zero harm in it.. im sure the price would fit the rarity
  6. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

yes and no. just because you get a bunch of spares doesnt man there worth anything. the sandstorm aura for example, all the collections for it were very cheap except for the portrait of isis. the portrait of isis at the cheapest i remember was around 70-80 mil while even if you sold all the others 2-3 times over it would still not be enough.
    • Like x 1
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Agreed.

This is what the Quark vendor should have always been from the start and nothing more.

My only concern would be that the developers would put some hefty prices on the items in the vendor which would make it impractical or only beneficial to those who open a ridiculous amount of Time Capsules. I think it could end up being a non-starter, like R&D Gear ended up being once it became apparent how much work was necessary to craft the gear and how all your hard work could be wiped out by getting the thing you crafted.

But yeah, this concept existing will be better than it not existing, regardless of prices. So make it happen.
    • Like x 5
  8. MrGT Well-Known Player

I think we all know if this were to happen it would be a hefty price. They would not do anything to dampen the sales of TCs
  9. VariableFire Loyal Player

For heroes it's awkwardly positioned near the phase shifter. It's just kind of standing by itself. There's also Quark vendors in the safehouses.

I don't know why they bothered with the current incarnation of it. No one asked or wanted it. Now if it actually had the older items, that'd be something.
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I'd make a case that giving people more "hope" that they can complete Time Capsule rewards could actually increase Stabilizer sales. At worst, maintain them.

I'd bet there are people out there who would be more comfortable opening Time Capsules if there was a safety net that helped ensure they could complete a Time Capsule.

But yeah, if the prices are too expensive, it'd kill the practicality of using the Quarks vendor as a way to fill in the gaps.
    • Like x 4
  11. MrGT Well-Known Player

The points you argue make sense for sure. But sometimes what makes sense does not always prevail.
    • Like x 1
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Ain't that the truth :p
    • Like x 3
  13. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i'd go along with them placing the old stuff from past capsules in the space and time quark vendor as part of say a yearly anniversary type thing where when the anniversary of the capsule coming out rolls around each year the styles are added to the vendor. it is called a TIME & SPACE vendor after all. even the name of it suggests an anniversary or reunion of sorts don't y'all think so?
    • Like x 2
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i don't think anyone wants to see a flaming phoenix feather for 10,000 quarks. (unless you cheated to get those quarks).

i am so over time capsules i haven't even been able to run the stabilizer mission for the past two weeks to score a couple of free ones.

Since the revamp i've been putting aside the money I would have spent on the game or using it for some other real life qol improvements. i've improved a lot.

My sub is about to lapse. I think im going to let it, play as a freemium until i see what lack of inspiration is going to chokehold the titans content.
    • Like x 1
  15. Tocimus Committed Player

For those thinking "its not fair to those that spent alot of real money opening stabilizers ...etc."
    You're the problem. They have moved quality away from the game and necessity into spending more money if you want to stay relevant.
  16. Dene Devoted Player

All it would do is cause more complaints at the cost of certain things
  17. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

"Joker" collection pieces...bought or gotten some REASONABLE way...so they themselves dont become another billion odds race to nowhere...or yet something more to buy with real money...simple idea..you open collection...use "Joker" piece...it becomes any NEEDED part of the collection chosen...notice I said ANY...as in you get a CHOICE as to what piece it becomes...sure play for hours...get a "Joker" piece...use it...it DOESNT become the FING FEATHER!!!???...what did you REALLY want...THE FING FEATHER of course!!!! So if you have say 3 needed things...one easy to get one a little pricey but in the Broker...sigh...and the FING FEATHER!!!...you get to choose the feather...very first time!...or the easy one to get if you are a silly person...whatever..."Joker" pieces...finish your collections anytime no need for hoarding TCs wondering what to do when no more TCs of that kind are around and you are still trying for things like...oh...I dont know...the FING FEATHER!!! It would also work with ANY collection...there are a lot of collections from before TCs that still matter...from the first collection in the game to the latest TCs collections must have styles and items..finally...FINISH the collections...with guaranteed gotten "Joker" pieces...
  18. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Can't wait to say "I told you so" when u see Void Essence and the like in the Q vendor for 10k-20k quarks.
    People are setting themselves up to get fleeced once again lol
    • Like x 2
  19. AberrantAngel Committed Player

I like the idea would rather you be able to buy the old collections with reg Marks or even Marks of triumph (PvP marks?). Sorry been so long since I PvP'd.
    Quarks are still hiding behind the time capsules and to many people refuse to buy the time capsules. And getting your free stabalizer would noir be enough.
    But if you used PvP marks more people would run it which in turn would give a reason for the devs to work on PvP.
    I hate PvP but it is a part of the game many people enjoy.
    But again I'm all for putting them in a vendor for some kind of in game currency that can be earned.
    • Like x 2
  20. Zneeak Devoted Player

We're already being fleeced by all of you who exploited the crap out of the TC's anyway, yet you're whining about Devs being the greedy ones. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1