Add Time Capsule Collections and Styles to the Quarks Vendor

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TybeeTahiri, Mar 6, 2018.

1. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Thanks for the support y’all !
  2. Sugr Bear Committed Player

I support this all the way, I did the grind for some items like negative speed force and such, but after wings of sin being just ad rare as a material with far fewer possibilities attached even though it was a highly requested item I gave up on TC's. I had spent a good chunk of money on every capsule until then too.
    • Like x 2
  3. Sugr Bear Committed Player

I agree. There was such an uproar on the first day of the quark vendor, so they lowered the price of that god awful blue smoke material yet left the other materials the same. Somehow though, nobody seemed to care once they released those other materials. That didn't make any sense to me. Pretty slick on their part though, makes you wonder if the vendor hit live with only some of the items day one on purpose.
    • Like x 1
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

i totally agree, just that the system we have works as intended.
    without the rare collection pieces, TC's wouldn't be such a huge succes$.
    that is also why they will most likely not change anything at all.
    you can still ignore the collections completely, voting for it with your wallet...
    • Like x 1
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

+1 from me. Especially since this doesn't reduce the value of the items at all. People still gamble on getting the ultra rare's, but at least if, after spending hundreds and hundreds of capsules, they didn't get what they want, they can purchase it. Of course, I'd say limit this to past capsules only, not current ones (to get the stuff from the Paradox for example you'd have to wait for the next one to launch).
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yep, because that's exactly what you do when someone breaks into your house and steals things, right? Give away the rest of your stuff to your neighbors?

Not saying I agree with certain decisions that were made, but saying that it's not their fault people decided to abuse the game.
    • Like x 2
  7. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Watch this thread get shut down
  8. Dene Devoted Player

While it may seem a cool ides - Not sure how this would really help.. if they ever do this, the prices will be high enough that people will have to still open lots of TCs to get the Quarks needed

If you open a lot of TCs you prob have sold spares or gotten what you need anyway
    • Like x 1
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

Doesn't matter if the price gets high or low, the items you got left to collect can then be bought straight off a vendor. Many, many, MANY players are sitting on 11/12 collections missing the rarest/most expensive one up to date.

You have obviously missed the countless of videos with people opening a 100+ capsules and walk away without getting any of the expensive rares. Of course the items being available on the vendor would help.
    • Like x 3
  10. ChillCat Loyal Player

I 100% support this request. Honestly, this is what I wanted the quark vendor to be from the beginning and was VERY disappointed when it turned out to be something literally no player asked for.

I wouldn't even mind if those rare collection pieces were massively priced as long as you could see it....as long as it was a goal you knew you could work towards. Right now the (over) use of RNG in DCUO just plain stinks.
    • Like x 4
  11. Dene Devoted Player

If a person opens 100+ TCs and they get 11/12 of a collection.. i'm assuming they got spares of other things, can't they sell them and work towards the 12th?

And yes I know not all spares give great money.. but it adds up :)

I am not against the idea I just don't think it will fix or placate the complaints, as much as ppl think it will
  12. lukelucky Devoted Player

We absolutely can and should

The money rolls in and the game continues.......
    How much money have we lost to such buisness tactics?
    Population is a small portion of where we were prior to them begiining this stuff. Sure people leave over time BUT how many people left because of RNG? How much money left with them and how many new people leave due to low que times? Thats a side effect

Personally since nba 2k18 dropped i spent $300 on second account (nephews) and uh well more on my account. Considering prior to 2k17 i spent zero dollars on anything not dcuo id say they llst an easy $1,000 here plus one less person to fill ques.

I understand they need to make money but long standing subs who spend extra are the golden goose. What percentile of players drop hundreds every few months year after year and despjte that percent who else is left to play with them?
  13. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I agree with the OP.

I do think it is somewhat unfair for those who spent hundreds IRL and millions in game to get what they needed...

But the way I see it, the game has to move forward some how. Why cant this be another step towards Quality of (Membership?)
  14. lukelucky Devoted Player

This arguements kinda dead in the water since they hand out grind feats in the character advance no? Most important thing is keeping dcuo going, growing it and improving it. Righting the RNG mess is a good step in the right direction

Lets not forget those who cheated already devalued getting it the right way

I do somewhat agree with you its just we need to increase the satisfied customer numbers and this would indeed do that. Unless u think the majority has everything the want and or need
  15. SkullGang Devoted Player

Thats what the vendor was for when we proposed it and they twisted it and gave us something else.
    • Like x 1
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

How much does it really add up when you got several TC's with several rarities? Now we are not even talking about the rarities around episodes either, just the TC's. Not to mention, getting 11/12 off a collection out of 100 TC's is considered luck these days, that should give you a slight hint on how terrible this wonderland with no need of change AKA TC's really is. That "add up" become non-existent unless you have the world's fattest wallet or godlike luck.

Again, it will fix things much more than leaving it as is would. The very reason the quark vendor exists at all was because people asked long ago for a vendor for older TC items to work on. It got turned into something else... It's about time they used it for what tons of people actually wanted it to be.
    • Like x 2
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Let's all stay on topic and keep things on a positive note. :)
    • Like x 1
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Nothing will placate complaints....that's not how this forum works. :D It will reduce SOME of it though because people will see that opening these boxes will actually move them closer to the goal (getting that rare collection(s) that will then get them the rare material/aura). There's a huge difference between opening 100 TCs and being no closer to completing a collection than you were yesterday (and feeling completely dejected) as opposed to opening those 100 boxes and seeing you're maybe 500/1000 Quarks away from the Flaming Phoenix Feather (which is the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel).
    • Like x 4
  19. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Im for the suggestion.

Depends on the quark mark pricing. Depends on if they increase quark marks per time capsule.

Sure you can hustle what you get in time capsules, emblems, gear, other collections.
    Take this for an example.
    If they price it along the lines of the stealth material, 5129 quarks. If you average 26 quarks per time capsule and open up a 100 time capsules, you have 2600 quarks. Thats 200 bucks to spend if they add the collection that gives you a material.

If they price the material collection 12th piece like the blue smoke skin 3566 (I think). You're looking around a 140 bucks.

Perhaps they will let you buy the entire collection like the resplendant cache price, over 6000 - 6200 quarks. Thats around 240 bucks with a 26 quark mark average.

At that point. How do you want to piss yourself off? getting it day one, over time, many many months, a year with quarks, or hustle enough to buy it with ingame cash...

All comes down to if they update the quark vendor with time capsule styles and collections and at how many marks it will take. Pricing is key. Just food for thought with example provided.
  20. kingmasternova Loyal Player

After reading the topic, I started thinking they should just add all the TC's styles on the vendor. Then put quark on the MP to buy.
    Just like seasonal marks.