Add the Shaded comic material to the game shop?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

wave and smile at them for their luck in getting something
    but they already gave away back from the hack stuff so nothing is sacred
    I say sell it all now who cares

they should keep their SP out of sales but all items are fair game now
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

they have already proven now that they don't care so why should we
    it saddens me that they went that way but

bring all the styles out to sale at this point
  3. L T Devoted Player

People bought what they thought was worth buying. they got what they paid for. From a Dev perspective, each booster sold gave a bunch of useful in-game stuff and a cool style (maybe not the one you wanted, but still a cool style).

You've been around the game quite a while now-- remember that when membership changes came, if you had bought access to lairs before they became free, you received nothing when that was given away to everyone. Premium players who paid had access to it while it was not free, and from the Dev perspective, that was a fair exchange.

Given that history, if and when the material re-appears, I wouldn't expect players who chased it to receive anything beyond what they've already gotten.
    • Like x 1
  4. nawanda Loyal Player

All fair points fairly made. I would simply add that Booster Bundle rewards have always been only available in Booster Bundles. As you say, there are precedents for changing things that were always a certain way, but so far they haven’t re-released any of the BB ‘rares’ despite probably hundreds of requests to do so, and when they have commented on these requests it’s been to the effect that it wouldn’t be fair to do so. Not saying that can’t change, I’m saying there has to be a compelling case to do so, and nobody has made that case in this thread. Booster Bundle rares being available through alternative means will annihilate future Booster Bundle sales.

I just looked up Mepps’s post for the Shaded Comic BB. It contains this sentence, “ Stock up on your must-have marketplace consumables and pick up incredible new style items!” and is accompanied by numerous screenshots of the style items and a list of what is available. Why there are posts in this thread pretending that the BB sales are driven by the other stuff in the box and not the ‘chase’ cosmetic items, I don’t honestly know. Some of these same posters are the ones who request style items in other threads.

Just regarding your last sentence, I wouldn’t either, but I’m of the opinion that it’s a moot point because I would bet heavily in favour of these items never reappearing. Of course, I could be wrong. And even if the ‘special booster bundle’ people are speculating about DOES include a way to gain past rare BB rewards, which I don’t think it will, I expect they would start with the oldest first, so at least the people who have had the item the original way get several years out of it. I know this didn’t placate a big portion of the Batman cowl people, but there was a ten year gap and, I’ll say it again because I think it’s really relevant, they got it for free.
    • Like x 2
  5. Aetrius Well-Known Player

If they do reintroduce BB styles in a new bundle, I think that's probably the way they'll go. Styles from 3 years or further back should come back around. Actually, if they wanted to list styles from the BB on the marketplace after 3 years or so, like they do with the TC styles and the quark vendor, I don't think anyone would have a legitimate complaint (there would be complaints, but really after that long they wouldn't be very valid ones), and I don't think that would hurt their TC sales either - like you can roll the dice now, or you can wait at least 3 years for this item...
  6. Aerith Rose Committed Player

I would anticipate the next booster gold bundle will offer a variant of the shaded material. Could be wrong though.
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If it comes back in another Booster Bundle, that's cool. As you've stated, they haven't said anything about exclusivity. On the other hand, if they made it available in the Quark Vendor they would undermine any future sales of Booster Bundles.
    • Like x 1