Adaptive Augments complaint.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Can we please by the love of our Lord and Savior have Adaptive Augments that scale with us every episode?

I have so many in my fortify tab that it's annoying and repetitive just trying to get to it and continuously lvl different ones up over and over and over again. Especially since with every new episode the stats of the new Adaptive Augments are far superior than the last making it completely pointless to use.

Please just give us a permanent selection of Adaptive Augments that gives us certain stat or percentage bonuses and let it scale/level with us with each episode from now on.

Example would be that normally our Adaptive Augments will max out at rank 23 but instead with each new episode it should increase by another 23 rank levels. So next episode it should be Rank 46 and then after that Rank 69 and so on.

Again, I don't see the point of having all these old and useless Adaptive Augments taking up space or time and resources only to be completely useless the next episode.

Also, I don't like the fact that we only get certain bonuses for running only that specific episode's missions with Adaptive Augment Rank special effect bonuses. Why can't we have them boost us in all content that we run? No matter where we go or what we queue up for, we should have those special effects *ALWAYS* active.

Please Devs, just give us a permanent set of Adaptive Augments that never need to be replaced or switched, and let's get the ball rolling.

This also was not meant to be a rant just speaking from experience and exhaustion of continuously repeating the process.
    • Like x 14
  2. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Cant +1 this enough. I havent played in years and returned when BoP was relevant. Got those to 23. Then wonderverse dropped: got those to 23 and already feel this way. I cant imagine what its like for those that have done them all episode by episode.......
    • Like x 3
  3. Kestral Committed Player

Pretty sure it's so new players/alts don't have the endless catch up for these type of stats as well. They are already SOL for SP and Artifacts.
    • Like x 3
  4. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

To me catching up is part of the game. Im all in favor of ways to do it faster (i.e. $, leagues, friends, etc) but ffs, again i have done it now for just 2 episodes an am already “over” these augs an tired of chasing the new one. Im sure its way worse for those who did it for all of em
    • Like x 2
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Doing as the suggested removes a Grind and a "carrot on the stick" methodology so the Devs wont do it. It would be better if the Leveling of them IE the Catalyst held a better drop rate or even on the vendor but that is the name of the game. the plus side of them also being in their own Inventory. Also when and if you dont need those older episode Augments, just feed them into the next. Its annoying grind just as leveling itself, Artifact leveling but in the end, thats the design to keep us in the game. Taking that away would be bad.
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

This would also help ppl keep perks for past DLC' as they'll be built in vs spread out between 100 different augments.

They can do rank 23 is all perks for 1st DLC that augs were released

46 all that DLC and so on, but up til that last 23 levels we should be able to use whatever augment XP we so choose. Not just 1 kind like it was in wonderverse DLC
    • Like x 1
  7. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Please, continue to explain. After all, I'm trying to understand from your point of view.
  8. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Exactly. We have so many Adaptive Augment special effects spread across so many different ones with outdated stats it's just crazy to keep them just to run older content when we could just have it at all times.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

It is also another reason why some people get off after dailies so fast as well. Many people admit to me that they log off early because they either don't have much more they can do (for their skill level) or they already have most of the new episodes gear/items maxed out and feel empty and uninterested to continue until a new episode appears.

Doing what I stated will fix a bit of this. The people that want the best of the best will continue until they get those items/gear or augments to max rank no matter what.
    • Like x 3
  10. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

I 2000% agree with this. I too am sick and tired of this repeated process of pointlessly leveling up these augments only for them to be obsolete after one episode. Of only they knew how much time actually goes into doing things like that repeatedly it would not be an issue.

I vote for these permanent adaptive augments you speak of. I'm all for it as long as it makes my experience more enjoyable and lest of a grind fest.
    • Like x 3
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Adaptive Augments are my least favorite thing when it comes to new episodes. The ranking process is worse than ranking up artifacts, and the bonuses do not entice me to spend additional money on seals. And than they're obsolete once the next episode comes out.
    • Like x 3
  12. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

This.
    • Like x 1
  13. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I have CR316 with two rank 23 augs, all extra items they added to patchwork for feats and them some, all seasonal feats, I simply play to hoard Mark's to a possible next round of rewards and next years seasonal.
    • Like x 1
  14. SekretVillain Loyal Player

So much this, hell I still need to get 1 BoP to 23 for the feat but havent even bothered because the 2 I did have I dropped into my platinum 1s day 1. So I'd have to redo from 0 up, and I'm not trying to do that atm, maybe when it's my last 50 point feat trying to hit 500 lol
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'm not sure the feasibility of actually implementing it, but it'd be great if there was some sort of way for you to complete the episode augment and then have the passive buffs available permanently. Since they only apply to particular content anyway, they would only be active then.

This would still allow you to work on the old content to get the specific episode augment up to 23 and then "feed" it into the ur-augment to grant the buff permanently. There would still need to be the various prec/dom/might variations of ur-augments, so that someone isn't stacking multiple roles together, but if I could just not have to worry about remember which augment goes with which episode and putting them on between each old raid I run, it'd save a LOT of hassle.
    • Like x 4
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Idk about anyone else but I usually just feed my old adaptives into my new ones. I held on to one of my rank 23 ones from BoP but that's only because I never got around to doing the feat to deactivate the drones in Clocktower, and you need one rank 23 to do it. 3% extra Might & Power or whatever when in an older episode's content isn't really enough to get me to hold on to adaptives.
    • Like x 1
  17. Fwames Well-Known Player

If they could create a system that permanently grants you those episode buffs after you've acquire it then that would be great. They can add in an option of turning it on/off for the sake of a challenge to those who wants it.

After some time, especially when doing lower content elite renown and feat runs, switching augs just becomes a hassle
    • Like x 2
  18. Kestral Committed Player

Some of the prior dlc adaptive augments had specific boss reductions that made them virtually impossible for most pug groups to play elite unless everyone had their augments on and maxed out. I see a lot of people trashing them as soon as the content is over which makes it near impossible to go back to get elite feats later because people didn't realize the value of what they were throwing away.

That being said it kind of makes the whole system even worse as it seems to actively hinder the playerbase from playing older content for minimal gains in the current content.
    • Like x 2
  19. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Say if you feed BoP 23 augs into patchwork augs, you automatically start out with BoPs perks + whatever level perk you got to on patchwork augs.

This would continue next DLC too, so legion augs would then get all BoP + patchwork perks + whatever rank the legion Aug was raised to.
    • Like x 2
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Or what if:
    A set of permanent Adaptive Augments that retain all those episode perks. Nothing to switch out or feed into the next set. We treat them exactly the same as Origin Augments but they will still have breakthrough points, and require specific Exobytes/catalysts.
    • Like x 2