Adaptive Augment experience

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nawanda, Feb 9, 2021.

1. nawanda Loyal Player

This is the cost of levelling an adaptive augment for the last few DLCs (amounts are approximate):

LLtL - Neural Access Coil - 4,200,000
    Wverse - Platinum Engraving - 3,100,000
    BoP - Warsuit Power Core - 2,400,000
    Mp2 - Absorbascon Module - 1,800,000
    Mp1 - Metal Resonator - 1,400,000

I understand that the increasing increment between the experience needed for the adaptive augments for each DLC is probably calculated on the basis that players are consuming the old augments into the new ones, but this isn’t always the case. For example, I still need feats from the elite raid in Wonderverse and can’t yet consume the augments. So I’m in a situation where for no particular reason, the amount of time taken to attain maximum augments (2 for each role) is just not realistic. This is with four characters all pooling their exobytes to my main character. Also, players might want to equip those augments when running the previous DLC content to get the extra loot. Seems reasonable, they earned it, so why calculate the numbers on the basis that they don’t want to do this after the DLC has sunsetted?

The decision to stop us from using generic exobytes for adaptive augments from Wonderverse onwards has only confounded the problem. Please can this calculation be reviewed ahead of the next DLC?
    • Like x 8
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Don’t get me started on the new augment system that started in Wonderverse. Ceasing to allow any kind of exobyte to be fed in to DLC adaptive augments make ABSOLUTELY no sense whatsoever. Most of the time when the devs do things that players think are greedy I can at least see how it makes business sense in offering something of value for a price, which is what businesses are supposed to do. But this change gave nothing of value to the players and essentially forced anyone who wanted to quickly level up their augments to do so out of their wallets. It’s by far the worst change I’ve seen in the 3+ years I’ve been playing.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't think anyone in-game is an actual fan of adaptive augments. The premise is engaging but the actuality is a migraine. I'm hoping in the near future the whole concept is revamped or otherwise removed.
  4. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Yep, this is a terrible system that needs to be scrapped and reimagined. And the fact that breakthroughs can fail on these is just ridiculous.
    • Like x 2
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I would also take issue with the catalysts only dropping from last bosses since Wonderverse. Especially with way fewer instances per episode than there was before. I suspect I’d have been running Fractured God Sphere until the heat death of the universe if I hadn’t coughed up 100 mil+ on the broker. I have an awful feeling Winathian Lightning Stones or whatever they’re called, will be the same story. Except this time I don’t have the 130 million. :(
    • Like x 2
  6. jolaksi Well-Known Player

I've made threads and suggestions about these issues during test process and afterwards during launch of both Wonderverse and Legion Episodes. These threads/comments I made got not even a single reply from DEVs.

Thats the way of they saying:"Yes, we build the content like this and made episode specific exobytes and such. If you dont like it, Marketplace is there :)" (Even tho we as customers gave 100% negative feedback for this specific topic)

I myself didnt see a positive feedback on this adaptive augment system, especially for exobyte restrictions.

They say they want us to create and play with different playstyles but with how new adaptive augments require DLC specific exobytes and the ridiculous breaktrough chances, they just trying to limit us unless we pay and get stuff from market.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

100% agreed on all points. It used to be I was able to get 4 augments up on my main + 1 or 2 on a few alts, now I've gone to getting 2 augs on my main (1 role/1 DPS) and maybe 1 on a 2nd alt...any others just get leveled to the point where I'd get an extra mark or whatever other spiff is offered that is of benefit...but not level 23s. It's great the cats are available to buy now, but as they are very expensive, need so many to level and use the same currency as a TON of other things you need to buy, it's not really a benefit while the content is relevant. This is especially true with LLL as the prices went UP and we lost an instance (solo/duo) to farm catalysts in.

I can live with the breakthroughs, but the percentages need to be looked at. 70-75% should be as low as it goes at 23...we've got enough low percentage stuff to deal with on Artis for pete's sake.
    • Like x 1
  8. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

I personally just want the augments to produce their effects whether they are slotted or not. It is a HUGE pain having to go and reslot them in all of my loadouts. In fact due to the loading times of menus and such it is a also a huge pain to even just slot them out on the fly.

I personally propose doing away with the augment slot or adding a malleable augment or something that allows you to utilize any augment, in any content, at any time, no matter what. Not sure how hard this would be to implement but it would save me so much time and headaches.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh yeah, forgot that one. Yes, now that the last 2 rounds of augments have a loot benefit (either more choices of loot, or extra marks), NOT having the WV ones slotted costs you loot. Armory switches mid fight are especially a problem as you'll likely have Legion mods in on your armory and you can't swap the mods on the fly when you are trying to save a failing boss fight.

If not an all over inherited benefit by just reaching a certain level, I'd suggest a passive/active benefit function where just HAVING the mods will pay off passive benefits like extra loot choices that come at level 17, and the active benefits you get at level 23 require slotting the mods. If you are going into a raid in Metal 1 and want your dark robins, you have to slot the mods, not just have them in your inventory. You'd still need to keep the old mods vs consuming them for any benefits, but you wouldn't have to keep swapping them out just to get your +1 loot in older content (where applicable).
    • Like x 1