Action Comics #1000 and Superman's 80th

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

How am I admitting a personal bias, I stated facts that would logically lead to disappointment for the average person which happens to include me.

Objectively, no one is happy about recycled content passed off as something new and no one is happy when content is delayed.

Trying to argue otherwise is just seeing through rose coloured glasses as I previously stated.
    • Like x 1
  2. Spicy Level 30

it only takes about four posts for any thread to derail. I see things are no different round here.

server's are down so I made an account to say that I'm happy for anything free whether or not I like it is irrelevant. they don't have to give anything for free ya know?
    • Like x 2
  3. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

It really isn't "free" if I'm legendary, is it?
    • Like x 1
  4. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Nope The Sims spring/summer 2018 collection ofc its promo but it would be gr8 if they fix PVP instead of cryte new styles and base items oh yea i forgot PVP not gona sale stabilzers so lets talk about new "AWSOME" styles and base items .
  5. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

The thing that people don't seem to get is this isn't complaining for complaining's sake. Most of us want the game to do well.

The problem with any extended period of time without new content is people take breaks from the game, maybe playing new games & some of them don't come back when the new content does eventually come. It's exacerbated with Deluge because of the mark conversion.

Last night on EU gold spammers seemed to be back with a vengeance. There probably weren't any more of them than usual but such was lfg it gave that impression. My ice alt still needed TTB for the week & in over an hour there was not 1 shout for TTBn. I ended up queuing the event, which in itself took a long time to pop.
    • Like x 1
  6. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  7. Major Victory New Player

You know what would make it extra special since it is a newspaper, is if they added in old Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman comic strips that were originally printed in newspapers. Wonder Woman's comic strip only ran a year or two in the 40s and Superman's and Batman's ran into the 1960s.
    • Like x 2
  8. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Did Anyone else notice that NO feats pop for the 3 items, Eyes, Mask or Back
  9. TheNord New Player

Superman being one of the major three heroes in DCUO is the one that gets the least attention in my opinion. I missed out on the Superman emblem that came out a while back and I'm hoping that there will be one this time around. I think just about every hero has received an emblem you can get in game except Superman. From some of the comments here a lot of players don't even like Superman and maybe that's why it's such a pain in the hind end to get something good for Superman.

Also, how many places in the DC universe can you really go to? This is why stuff keeps getting reused for content. Just my two cents.
    • Like x 1
  10. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Coast City, Star City, NYC, San Fran, Detroit (Justice League had a branch operation there at one point that was featured in part of the Blackest Night event), the House of Mystery, Keystone City, National City, Lian Yu...and that’s just off the top of my head for locations they haven’t put into the game yet :p
    • Like x 1
  11. Expecting someone taller New Player

More than familiar with the story thanks - just think it's a little odd to celebrate a characters 'life' with his 'death'.

...and lets be honest, did anyone back in the '90's think Superman was going to be permanently killed off? C'mon, no one dies in comics. ;)
  12. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

There's feats they aren't going to do these without them that's the main reason they sell I'll bet the artifacts in the time capsule have feats too.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Does the vending machine dispense Red Bull and does it give you wings?
    • Like x 1
  14. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Ok, call up Rip Hunter and take a trip in the WayBack Machine...and look into the Silver Sorceress. “No one dies” theory destroyed right there. :p
  15. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Devil is in the details.

This would have been a sweet little feature, but I doubt permissions would be granted.
  16. Red Batern Well-Known Player

*How am I admitting bias?
  17. TheNord New Player

You got me. I didn't know National City was in DC Comics. I used to live in National City, California a long time ago. We used to call it Nasty City. LOL!!!
  18. velvetsanity Loyal Player

National City is where Supergirl lives (at least in the first season of the TV show - don’t know if that changes, still watching the first season)
    • Like x 1
  19. EconoKnight XIII Legion

20. Pnuemonic New Player

I guess a news paper vendor is cool