Account cash needs a solution

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by tukuan, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I know a little about it(after the fact)...and from what I understand it had nothing to do with mail save the fact it was easier to distribute after it was 'created'. However, yes. It does help kill an avenue for future exploits. And I think shutting mailing cash down as a prevention is fine....IF we had another method of transferring cash available. We don't, so while it MIGHT help in fighting a future problem, so would making everything 'account bound' or disabling trading of cash completely. I don't think we want to disable all nice features in fear of what MIGHT happen later, especially when some of those features are member benefits.

I know... I said I do that vs posting soders. I'd only do the soders (or other 'low value' item) if I want the money now, as I won't be waiting to see if the other item sells or not. Although with the loss of the listing timer (on console) the 'see if it sells first' option is a bit riskier as if you wait too long, you might just get it back and be out the listing fee. Normally I'd be waiting 2 days till the item is 'short' before I buy it back. However...I'm also not going to keep a journal of everything I'm selling to see when the end time should be. I'd guess this bug will be fixed, but its not right now.

It's not really a priority for me either. But as trading cash IS a member benefit and Mailing cash was....I'd say the 2 years they've had to figure it out is enough and we should have something by now.

And I do the same. I have 100's of m or 1b on several toons who do a lot of my buying and selling. I completed the last TC items and never bought one thing on my main, who got all the feats. Bank/mules are great for this. However....if the time comes I find that 1 thing that costs 2B+, I'll need it all on one toon(and a month sub)...so at that point, yeah...shared bank cash slot would be great.
    • Like x 4
  2. tukuan Devoted Player

Interesting, I always assumed that it had something to do with tricking the system into thinking a mailed amount wasn't claimed yet.

If the mail lock is in fact to limit distribution then a shared wallet makes even more sense.
    • Like x 2
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

On this one, it was distribution. I'd guess in the past your theory might have been a possibility. In either case, 2 years should be enough time to have found another solution.
    • Like x 5
  4. sfmarine68 New Player

they still have the ability to transfer cash between characters listed under the perks of an All Access Account. As it stands having recently purchased one of these accounts, this is FALSE ADVERTISING! Everyone with one of these accounts were lead to believe we were purchasing all the listed features, no where does it say that any of these are disabled. to continue doing so is FRAUD!
    • Like x 1
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Their loophole there, whether any of us likes it or not, is that All Access is NOT only for DCUO, it is for ALL of the games Daybreak has on PC, and so they can say All Access grants "the ability to transfer cash between characters on games that allow it" and it would be an accurate statement.

Remember, on DCUO, that ability was disabled "temporarily" due to an exploit. The Devs are under absolutely NO obligation whatsoever to conform that phrase "temporarily" to any specific length of time that the Players think it should mean. Given everything that's happened in the world, and at Daybreak Games, in the last 3 years, 2 years is still "temporarily" with everything going on, whether any of us like it or not.

When roughly half the staff, at least, left with the former Head Developer to go to his new studio, a lot of things HAD TO BE back-burnered due to LACK OF STAFF TO WORK ON THEM!
    • Like x 1
  6. tukuan Devoted Player

True but QoL improvements are still being churned out albeit at a slower rate. Case in point the change to On Duty UI (though some might disagree with the improvement part). So they have the ability to address this they just need to prioritize it. I'm getting increasingly frustrated with this so if others are as well they need to make their voices heard and hopefully it will fall on the radar.
    • Like x 2