Accidental Artifact Fortification

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Twilight Avenged, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Since you can now fortify an artifact to further advance a separate artifact. The method of doing so is pretty quick if you're not paying attention and just trying to fortify all your current Nth Ore.

It's only a matter of time before the complaints begin about fortifying artifacts by accident, 'why isn't there a system in place to stop this' 'i wasn't paying attention devs, fix this for me' 'i was moving too fast and somehow it's your fault dcuo' etc. (Typical complaints about moving through in-game menus too fast and doing something by accident due to not paying attention)

[IMG]

Just make sure you're paying attention to what you're doing and you should be accident free.
    • Like x 3
  2. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Since I have no idea what is being discussed here, I'm sure this will happen to me. ;)
    • Like x 1
  3. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

it's not the developer fault if the player dont pay attention... they game already have alot of hand holding... if they put in some more, they might as well just give us a bot to play the game automatically for us..
    • Like x 2
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah because lag never happens.
    • Like x 1
  5. StealthBlue Loyal Player

If you mark the artifact as important, you can't use it like nth metal to level up another artifact. One of the Devs was supposed to look into making it so artifacts imprinted to an armory couldn't be used either, but that may not be in game yet.
    • Like x 5
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

When you use one artifact to power another you get an additional dialogue window asking if you're sure and saying that you will lose the previous artifact. It's hard to do accidentally unless you're just mashing buttons.
    • Like x 5
  7. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Here's something else:

Take all of your artifacts and toggle the "Important" flag on them in your inventory so the flag is turned on. If that flag is turned on, it will not let you use it to fortify another artifact. Even being assigned to an armory does not prevent this (which is strange, since armory saves tend to block you from doing other things like salvaging gear).
    • Like x 4
  8. Carp Developer

Yes, this is correct. Whenever you attempt to use one artifact to fortify another, you should get a confirmation prompt asking you if you're sure you want to commit. If this is not happening, then please let me know and I'll see what's going wrong.
    No, sadly, I've not gotten a chance to do that yet, but it's still on my list of things.
    • Like x 9
  9. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Good to know it's still in the works. And at least we have some safeguards/workarounds until it's in.

Just an FYI to everyone, you can toggle importance of items imprinted to an armory, you just can't see the asterisk (because the armory mark takes priority). I'm not sure if there is a way to tell is something is marked important while it's imprinted to an armory, though.
    • Like x 2
  10. Darth Piper Loyal Player

For your artifact... simply go into the artifacts part of your Inventory screen. Scroll down to an artifact that is not at level 100. If another artifact is not greyed out/blurred/however you want to describe it, it is not tagged as "important."
  11. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Could you let me know how you fortify one artifact with another? I've searched on the internet and on the forums but couldn't find anything helpful.
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just to reiterate, you do get a confirmation window you must select through AND you can toggle your artifacts as important to prevent the problem entirely.
    • Like x 5
  13. StealthBlue Loyal Player

This action allows you to use one artifact that you have leveled up to feed another. So say you have a level 100 tank artifact, but have switched to a healing power. You can use the tank artifact to fuel the healer artifact. In the process you lose the tank artifact, and only half of the experience of the tank artifact is transferred to the healer artifact. As long as the tank artifact is not marked as important, and is in you inventory, it will show up below all nth metal after you select the healer artifact.

Now replace "tank artifact" with the artifact you want to use as fuel, and"healer artifact" you want to level up. Note that the artifact you want to use as fuel had to have some experience to be used as fuel.
    • Like x 4
  14. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I just remembered a somewhat related thing that looks odd in the artifact screen. I'm not able to add a seal of preservation if I have it marked as important. I don't know if this is due to only having one, and it's only an issue if you are down to one. I can use catalysts that are marked important, but not the seal.
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

If there's a confirmation screen, I'm gonna say that's on the player.
    • Like x 2
  16. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Simply Mark the Artifact Important with the Asterix and It WONT Allow you to Merge them
    • Like x 2
  17. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Now that I understand the issue, I have a simple question: Does this occur when both artifacts are equipped? If so, why not make equipped artifacts exempt from inclusion in artifact fortification?
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It's in the list of materials you can use, with your Nth Metal, if it's in your inventory and not marked as important.
    • Like x 1