Up-Votes Needed Absorb Heat Animation Cancellation

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Slim Tortilla, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Slim Tortilla New Player

Cannot jump cancel this power and can only effectively block cancel it about 25% of the time. How is this power intended to be used. Am I supposed to be able to cancel the animation with a block or is it not supposed to be canceled at all? Please let me cancel it all the time or not at all.
    • Like x 7
  2. <<Rebirth>> New Player

you can only cancel absorb heat via block, however during the animation if you jump or press any other weapon tap button the block cancel will not work.

you can proc absorb heat and move around and block cancel. but it will not work if you jump or hit another button. So be aware of this.
  3. Vulpar Well-Known Player

That sounds like a bug itself...
    • Like x 3
  4. L T Devoted Player

I want to say that's correct, but sometimes it seems that Absorb Heat can't be cancelled even if I didn't jump. If blocking is intended to be the only way to cancel Absorb Heat, then Blocking should cancel it every time, reliably.

I don't have much faith in this being fixed any time soon, because it's been around literally forever. But hope springs eternal...
    • Like x 2
  5. Brav Well-Known Player

This is a known bug which was posted last year and it seems it was overlooked and buried by other bug post then mistakenly marked as fixed. This effects several channeling abilities which can lock up if anything was done during or slightly before hitting that ability.

The prior thread is called channeling-no cancel bug. I'll link my post which has a possible solution to this. At the very least they can fix it for absorb heat since it effects that ability the most and is a very common ability that is used by most players. Then slowly fix other channeling abilities as they go since this seems like a big bug that is not specific to one power or ability.

(My post with a possible solution = channeling-no cancel bug).

Please developers when you guys get a chance can you look into this. I know you guys are busy with other things especially considering real life events going on at the moment so I completely understand. But when it is possible to find a solution to this that would be really helpful and greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    • Like x 2
  6. AV Loyal Player

Ha... I was not aware that my thread had been marked "Resolved"... =/ That's kinda terrible.

Yes, this still happens. In group content, it can happen whether or not we've queued onto the channel or jumped. It is very annoying vs any boss with "block now or you die" mechanics in that we only have partial "control" over whether or not the bug happens.
    • Like x 2
  7. Napoleon Well-Known Player

I am going to go ahead and bump this considering the original thread on the issue gave me a "you have insufficient privileges to reply here" message. (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/channeling-no-cancel-bug.304644/page-2)

Am I crazy, or has this still not been "resolved?"
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The exploit with Absorb Heat still remains to this day, was going to be looked at by Batuba before he left but didn't get to it. If the result you want of this fix is that you can jump cancel out of abosrb heat the exploit will still be there, I imagine they go hand in hand with the ability.
    • Like x 1