About Stats Cap

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Maxwill, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Maxwill Committed Player

Hello everyone

So some months ago I was trying to get the stats caps raised and some people didn't want , 2 people from the dcuo team said they will raise them with each episode.I think it was Mepps and Moja if I'm not mistaken ...

What's the point of getting so many skill points per episode if we don't get to use them for our main stats???

Next week we'll get the new episode and we haven't had any word on stats caps being raised...

Did they lie?
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

They said that. I don't think they lied but I don't think this current upcoming episode was going to raise it because it was originally an event.

I think it will raise with the item level of gear in vendor. 175 is currently live so 175 SP per stat point.
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

time will tell ;)

we still have 7 days til DLC
  4. Wallachia Devoted Player

Of course it will be raised, because....because....well....
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Isn't the item level of vendor gear in the new episode 183 though or around there?
    • Like x 2
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

But it is an episode now. People keep using the excuse that it was an event. IIRC even ive done this. :p That should stop. Its not an event anymore. Its a permanent episode and once they decided to convert it it should be treated as an episode. Or was it only partially converted to an episode? Cause that seems odd to then call it a permanent episode. Did they say the max sp would be linked to the IL of the gear? Seriously asking. Cause new gear is IL 183.

And if we get an episode and TC at the same time which has been happening and obviously our sp go up when this happens then the max sp should also go up. See as usual something was said, "we will be raising it", and no other details were given. Is it going up with every episode? Every other? When the max sp hits a certain #? It seems details are at a premium these days :p
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

What I was saying was that it was an Event originally so I don't think they slated the Stat cap increase.

The reason why I think this is that when Stats Matter was released, the highest gear was 175. The previous DLC, AF3 was 165. They came up with the ratio of CR:SP. So at 201CR (I think is the number for full 175), that would leave 26SP for weapons and movement innates. Which is a good assertion, but I could be wrong.

I also bet that the next DLC's vendor will be 185, but I could be wrong. I'm just going with a pattern I'm seeing.

Also, since this upcoming DLC was going to be an event, then the gear was going to be a transition gear anyways. They probably bumped it up because it is a DLC and it does give a reason to run the content.
  8. Moja Developer

The SP cap will be raised to 183 with the new Episode. Coming soon to a Test server near you... :p
    • Like x 7
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Hooray PFFT will be even more overpowered!
    • Like x 3
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

"Moja"? What kind of Mepps is this? :confused:
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Was it originally intended to go up with CR instead of item level? I feel like it was considering 175 was the max cr when stats matter was announced
    • Like x 1
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

Thats great. Ty for letting everyone know this.
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

Maybe it is linked to the gear after all. Seeing its going to 183 and the gear is IL 183.
    • Like x 1
  14. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

So raising the skill point cap will raise the stat cap? I thought they were different, oh well I learned something today. Too bad I forgot 4 or 5 things I had already learned in the past, may be that's one of those and I'm just learning in circle.
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Can someone tell me what this stat cap stuff is? Not really following.:)
  16. BumblingB I got better.

Oh, I was right! :D
  17. BumblingB I got better.

It is just the stat point max purchased. There is no actual stat cap, but there is a cap on how many you can buy in like Precision or Restoration. Currently on live it is 175, after the next dlc it will be 183.
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Ahh. I could use a good 50 or so more. :)
    • Like x 1
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  20. Maxwill Committed Player

What does IIRC mean?
    IL means item level?