Ability coloring, and vehicles.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by GoldCobraTM, Nov 24, 2019.

1. GoldCobraTM New Player

Something that's been on my mind lately is the idea of ability coloring, like what if your a fire main and your like "man it's to bad i cant have blue fire like azula from avatar or something."

or maybe your a hard light main and you cant turn it blue or violet, and what you may be saying is "but they added rage" yes but that's because it has a different moveset, like the weird throw-up thing and has a lot of moves based around blood. Hope, and other corp don't have anything special except for black and white lantern corp. Those deserve there own moveset.

And if i didn't convince you yet well when was the last time you made a style and it didn't really match your ability, like you have a quantum character but you made a really cool demon style with red and very dark colors and your power is blue, doesn't really match does it?

Now this does bring up the topic of color slots. Now i know this might get a bit of a diverged opinion but . HEAR ME OUT. so i was thinking (which i know is dangerous) of two suggestions. Number one: we just keep 4 slots, my reasoning being that the color of the ability will correspond with your outfit. Number two: being that we add a 5th slot which i know is good for more than just ability coloring, and is just good for regular old styles.

Now onto vehicles which would be WAY harder than ability coloring i know this, but just let me paint a picture for you, you just got your acrobatics character to level 30 and a notification pops up on your mission tab it says catch-a-ride so you then teleport to your base and none other than bat-man comes in and gives you a membership to the Wayne tech garage (or something like that) and there at Wayne tower you can customize your own car, motorbike or even a plane (OK maybe not that) but what im mainly saying is that acrobatics is not that shown that much love and deserves a move that calls you a vehicle like bat-man with his bat mobile or something or maybe it could even be a trinket.

but please go easy on me in the comments if anyone sees this (which i seriously doubt would happen) because im only a 13 year old that cares very dearly about this game. But leave me your opinion of what you thought or give some of your ideas.
  2. RoBotkin Well-Known Player

I like the idea of being able to adjust power colors but even more than that I'd love it if we could change our weapon-attack colors. My main is nature and if using handblasters his attacks are primarily orange in color. Why? I don't know, maybe they thought green was too on-the-nose or wanted to save it for green lanterns- but it just doesn't look right to me.

As for vehicles I have to say I 100% disagree with you. Every character has a movement mode with upgrades that you get at level 9 that makes transportation trivial- especially when paired with the teleporters and warp menu. Even without my base teleporter I can warp to the HoD and get anywhere I need from there.
    Where would you drive your pseudo batmobile anyway? The streets are cluttered with cars- stand still in metropolis for too long and one will come and start pushing your character around. The game wasn't built for vehicles.
  3. Aaron7K Active Player

Love the idea... my favorite power is Atomic, but I honestly am not a big fan of the orange and it would be interesting to use blue or something...