Aaaannndd they're here.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Shark Dental, May 30, 2018.

1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Anyone else notice the arrival of "Seals of Completion?"

Odd they weren't announced. :D

Guess now the breakthrough rates don't matter right?!
    • Like x 2
  2. nawanda Loyal Player

You get a Seal of Completion for your second Master’s.
    • Like x 1
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Notice the price tag tho...you can EASILY purchase one a month with your monthly loyalty stipend. Glass half-full and all that... ;)
    • Like x 3
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

Also, they are tradable. Let others buy them for you :D
    • Like x 1
  5. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

The what I must look into this cookie .
  6. Savynaa Well-Known Player

they introduced in ninja the futur money grab. Later when you will have artifact lv 180/15% and lv 200/5% breakthrough with 4 artifact by characters.
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

With how much experience it costs to break through 120, I wouldn't be surprised if it costs 360k for 140, 720k for 160, 1.4 mill for 180, 2.8 mill for 200, it'll take a long *** time to get that much exp lol
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm stuck at work, what is this now?
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

A new item on the marketplace. 450DBC, tradeable. It guarantees a breakthrough completion on an artifact attempt. No seals or multiple attempts needed.
    • Like x 2
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Cool.
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Whelp................ we have a bad luck limiter now. :p

The only thing that I could say is...........

Considering that DCUO is advertised as a Free to Play game.
    I hope there is a way to grind for these without spending any real cash. Doing this would keep a lot of complainers from complaining.

Other than that. As long as the percentages are not lowered on breakthroughs I'm fine with this.

[IMG]
    The Million Dollar Man agrees too.:D

( I noticed that the TC icons had a tweak as well ) :)
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

When I first skimmed over you comment I thought it said Seal of Corruption. :D

Some might cost a little
    Some might cost A lot
    But I'm the Million Dollar Man & you will be bought ......... LOL
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

And we now know which way they decided to go. :D
    • Like x 2
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Well, that's one way of seeing it. I respect your point of view, lol.
    • Like x 1
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is what I fear (and the reason for this thread).

I fear that the percentages are at the cusp of being so low that a Seal of Completion will be all but required for EACH ARTIFACT you have, and EACH LEVEL beyond 100 or 120. People who feel it's a good price, I'm happy for you. But, imagine if you need 1 for lvl 120, 140, 160, etc. $15 for each artifact?

We're not there yet, and I'm not condemning these items outright. But, this is yet another brick in the road to getting there.
    • Like x 1
  16. BumblingB I got better.

I'm not surprised by their addition. TBH, the original seals of preservation were more likely the money grab. I mean if the percentages get worse as you go up the level of artifact. How many would it take to get at say 200? I think at that point, it would be cheaper to get these new ones than several old seals. Plus they are trade-able on your platform.
    • Like x 4
  17. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Well I guess it's get them to 80 and that's it now.
    • Like x 3
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Can we call them Seals of Corruption too? LOL

After thinking about it when we talked about this before. I thought something like this might not be too bad considering the other options.

They should still implement a bad luck limiter on the artifacts in case people want to keep trying to breakthrough using the percentages. That way people don't fail on 11 breakthrough attempts in a row at 40%-50%.
    • Like x 2
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

I'm on khalon's side. With the amount of XP they need you will probably not be able to level more than one artifact to the next breakthrough if they introduce any breakthroughs beyond 120. So it's a month of sub to get one of these or you save your stuff and maybe they go on sale some time. No biggie here. Saves me time so I don't need to farm as much. Leaves room for RL stuff like... dunno, going outside, friends, family and stuff. :p
    • Like x 1
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yep, it's wonderful how we're expected to spend our monthly, you know, bonus stipend, on gameplay related items with stats instead of cosmetics and base items, lol.

That said, the prices are very reasonable for a guaranteed breakthrough, so that's positive.

As I mentioned, my main concern is not the present, but the future.

Having this item in game seems like a tiding for terrible breakthrough rates where these items are VIRTUALLY REQUIRED to breakthrough, at each and every stage (beyond 100 or 120). Multiply that by several artifacts, and attach significant stats and bonuses (significant power regen, added might and power percentages not available any other way, bonus supercharge regen, and probably even more significant effects on the horizon), and you've got a recipe for p2W. Not there yet, just raising awareness so it doesn't catch anyone by surprise.
    • Like x 1