A word for the DCUO Community.^^

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Best of luck Zoe. It's always best to try and remember that these are just anonymous people on the internet who are artificially brave because of their anonymity. I think it takes everyone their own amount of time to finally realise that, but once it clicks...it's like magic and you just stop giving a s**t what people think or say about you. You do you. Take a break or stay away forever, whatever is good for you.

As others have said, this is a game and is there for enjoyment. If you don't enjoy it then get out of it and find something you do enjoy. That can be extremely difficult when playing an MMO because it's like an addiction of sorts, but at the end of the day it's down to you to decide what is best for you.
    • Like x 3
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'd rather it be "until we meet again" than "good bye".
    • Like x 2
  3. Controller Devoted Player

Stay SAFE and come back when you're ready.
    • Like x 4
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

If ever you decide to come back and start from scratch (considering how difficult it is to collect all the styles from the TC, this is of course unlikely, unless the EU and US servers will merge) on the US server for the villains, I promise to help with arranging the base at the highest level;)
    • Like x 2
  5. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I treat online peoples like I treat my neighbours,keeping them at a arm length. It's nice to get close friends just not too close.I think it's best not trying to crawl under everyones fingernails hehe.Remember the good peoples and forget about the not so nice peoples :)
    • Like x 2
  6. Eve YouTuber

Appreciated! I will think about it more if I decide to play again!
    (Sorry for the delay in reply)
    • Like x 1
  7. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I'm not asking for your stuff because I know you'll be back. you love this game too much to ever properly let it go. be seeing you.
    • Like x 4
  8. AquiloFury Committed Player

I'm a little late to the party, but I'll miss you. You've always been a person I've enjoyed interacting with here on the forums. Your dedication and passion for this game is evident in everything you do. :) I completely understand the burnout though. I wish you well and I hope you find peace and happiness in whatever you choose to do next. :)
    • Like x 3
  9. Eve YouTuber

Never too late :) I'm still lurking on the forums for the next couple days then I will disappear for awhile. Thank you for the kind words! <3

Hopefully! I don't know this time, but I hope! My love for the game hasn't changed, that's for sure :)
    • Like x 2
  10. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i understand your point . i have been dealing with toxics people my whole life by videogames and my real games and even in forums .my advice it could be leave or ignore or avoid thetoxic people before you could ended up becoming in something worse than them. or still there but just hanging out with the people that make you fell good in this comunity
    • Like x 2
  11. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

My own burnout is still active even though I play,it's a complicated version of it hehe.I don't find the game very enjoying anymore more like something to do when I don't have something to do elsewere but at the Same time I like it and it's to hard to put away..I think my head is still stuck in odyssey league and the "good old days "so it's hard to find the same feeling for the game but I guess that's how 10 years of the same game can do to someone :confused:
    • Like x 1
  12. Eve YouTuber

I understand it. Not much of a burnout for me, more like avoiding toxicity because I can't see myself dealing with it right now.
    There's so many things going on in the world right now, where I live too, so I'm too focused on that and don't want to spend time letting people bring me down for their joy. My League [Rift] Is the best thing that happened to me. But they also started moving on from the game for their own reasons. Some still play, but the core has left to other games (We still talk outside the game).

Anyway, gonna go back to my playing session on Guild Wars 2! Have a great Friday!
    • Like x 2
  13. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Thanks and same to you! :)
    • Like x 2
  14. Earth742 Well-Known Player

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the ingame chat is far too toxic.
    But this is neither the time nor the place to rant about it.

Zoe, you will be missed.
    We didn't know each other well, and not always see eye to eye, but your kindness and willingness to help others is a fine example of this community at its best.
    We need more like you.

You should keep your stuff.
    If you give Drusilla TroyDCM access to your place, i'll stop by from time to time, make sure your stuff is still there. And feed/water the pets & plants.

Take care and have a safe and pleasant journey!
    Whenever you return, your friends will celebrate!
    • Like x 1
  15. Eve YouTuber

Thank you! This was so nice to read! I can't give you access, I don't have the game install anymore :( Maybe someday though :)
    Thank you for the kind words. Really needed them today!
    • Like x 1