A way of including a Star Sapphire power

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MariaTenebre, Oct 5, 2015.

1. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Hi guys I know that I have been stating before that I prefer the Lantern Healer power to be Star Sapphire or Love. However I have another way that might work that incorporates the seasonal Valentine's Day event. I was thinking that during Valentine's Day there could two vendors. The heroes would get Carol Ferris and the villains would get Mr. Freeze. During this event you would have the option especially for Hard Light users to get a power mode variation of Hard Light which would be Violet Light since already in game the Violet Light used by the Star Sapphires is a variation of Hard Light. I would also include some new gear since the Summer event just included those swim trunks and bikini tops etc for the Summer event along with the Tide Walker stuff. In this event Males could get their own Star Sapphire outfit with a armor set based off of John Stewart's Star Sapphire outfit and I wouldn't leave Women hanging as the Female version of this outfit would be based off of Carol Ferris's New 52 outfit.
    • Like x 3
  2. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Not a bad idea. The Star Sapphire Corps villain league approves. I wouldn't mind having another Star Sapphire style variant
  3. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Glad you like it. I thought this was another good way of introducing the power and Male Star Sapphire gear.
  4. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

I'm with you on this ! Thank you for sharing your idea
  5. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Thanks so much for the support I am glad I am getting people on board.

Oh and I didn't clarify this in my post but the power just like the new style sets should be for both genders. Meaning if Men or Women buy the power they will use Violet Light and the new Star Sapphire outfit will be for both genders. The guys get a John Stewart design and the Women get a Carol Ferris new 52 design.
  6. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Oh and also for the seasonal will be a Violet Light weapon pack.
  7. Pults Loyal Player

Kind of unfair to only allow hard light player to have the option to switch colors.
    Maybe a trinket that temporarely switches your powers to an orange lantern or star sapphire ones?
    • Like x 1
  8. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Well I don't want the power to be temporary. I want that once you buy the Star Sapphire power mode variation it is yours always.
    • Like x 1
  9. Pults Loyal Player

Who doesn't but at the same time, making a completely new power would be more beneficial compared to reskinning one and giving it out for free.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

It sounds good on paper. If they did this then they would have to do for all the powers and all lanterns colors and that I don't see DC Entertainment allowing. I know you have been fighting for the Stars to become a healer which I don't see them as, they are way more of a controller. So all I can say is keep working the angles. The only good angle I heard so far is the Multiverse one that's is really your best loop hole.
  11. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Well it was just a suggestion and I suppose they could reskin the power and make you pay for it
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Except they've never given any hints or indications of allowing players to reskin or recolor power sets. Ever.

It's been something they've held firm on since the game launched, and not something I see changing soon or easily, especially if DC were to step in for some reason and say, "No." And given how protective DC has been, especially when it comes to anything Lantern-related, it wouldn't surprise me if they did exactly that.
    • Like x 1
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

Just add carol feris to legends
    • Like x 2
  14. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Well in game they have recolored power sets. The Star Sapphires basically use a reskinned version of Hard Light. Fire in game uses a green version of Fire etc. So they could reskin these powers etc. I would prefer the Star Sapphire power be released as a healer but I would also be satisfied with it being released as a power mode variation of Hard Light and my suggestion of the Valentine's Day holiday was just one way of doing this.
  15. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Except that many people want to make their characters have Star Sapphire powers.
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

Many people also want blue lantern power but you see where we got with that. Star Sapphire simply voids the gender situtation. Even though few males have been a star sapphire, that doesnt mean its logically correct for DCUO to.
    • Like x 1
  17. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Actually it is logically correct for DCUO to have Males to be Star Sapphires as Males have wielded Violet Light before and you even had John Stewart as a full fledged member of the Corps. Not only that but Geoff Johns stated that Men were not barred from joining. So it violates lore to make them all Female. Plus I feel that my way of including a Star Sapphire power is very feasible. I would like it as either a Healer power or a power mode variation of Hard Light.
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Just reskinning them would inevitably bring about complaints about it being a reskin, not to mention comments about the devs being lazy for going that route.

While you might be fine with it, others most likely wouldn't be.
  19. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Well I have also suggested the Star Sapphire power as the healer lantern power but either way I will be fine so long as I get it and it is for both genders and factions as well as getting some Star Sapphire Male gear.
  20. DankestEdgeLord New Player

John's outfit? What if I want a sexy V-cut on my skin tight outfit? Or maybe I want to run around pantsless.... What you think men can't be sexy? YOU CAN'T CENSOR ME!