A Simple Man? DC

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The VL, Jan 31, 2017.

1. The VL Active Player

Hey all,

Not to follow a cliche trend of an "I quit" thread really (Don't plan on quitting, yet anyways). Sorry about the title as well, wasn't sure what to title or call this. Also kind of accidentally pressed Enter. This is mostly going to be feedback(since apparently its taken into consideration) on some of the hot topics & issues of nowadays and discussion regarding a few things in this game.

A little about me (not important unless you wish to know 'where I'm coming from'/how I approach this):
    I'm a PC player that has played this game since 2011, going from f2p, to premium, to legendary membership. I have 287 skill points, multiple SM titles and pets (all attained as either tank or dps), experience with multiple powers and characters. Any power I've cared to play, I've been great at. I've had enough in game cash to buy anything in the broker and still have plenty money left over. I've been here through a certain player offering in game cash for FoS carries, to typing #Loot #Winning in trade, to the cross-platform merge, and so forth. Absolutely none of this information was to brag, it was to present my own perspective should anyone wish to look at this from my shoes (looking at you..devs). The point is its crystal clear I've spent time, money(though not as much as some other people), and dedication on this game. I've participated all aspects of this game, whether its voice chat, trade chat, farming, grinding, using the broker, test server or even participating in Time Capsules.
    End.

I'm no forums expert nor do I use forums very much like a certain league mate so excuse any mistakes. I apologize in advance for the lengthiness.

1. Time Capsules.
    We all have them, we've all opened them, some of us more than others. Why are people mad about them? Here's why:
    • The drop rate of the wanted items is quite low. No one really gets what they want. Very few can afford what they want.
    • Are they P2W? If we're being technical here, they aren't P2W but rather they are P4C2W. What does that stand for you might be wondering? PayForChanceToWin.
    • What is the Win exactly? For many such as myself, the win the feat. For others it is the cosmetic aspect.
    • Opening the capsules does not really guarantee you anything, no guarantee on whether you'll get collections, exobytes, gear box, provisions box (could be any of those). But there is a chance right :rolleyes: . This is even worse than P2W. At least with P2W, you know you are winning...what is this nonsense mess?! With so many items being dropped with the low rates for ones players want the most, plenty of players resort to broker....well they try to resort to broker.
    • The smallest percentage of players in game is able to afford those 'wanted items' via broker. We've all seen the prices of these items and we can all agree they are generally ridiculous.
    • The devs are right when they say 'the rate of consumption of these desired items is far higher than the rate they are put on the broker.' Why wouldn't people consume them? They have feats! Big ones! We'll get into that.
    Whether anyone likes to admit it or not, the broker prices speak volumes. Its not about using the broker prices to determine drop rates, its about how much money the average player has and is making. Just how many people can afford those? Extremely few. However if these items had dropped more often from the capsules this wouldn't be such a big problem. Why? Because they would be on the broker more frequently and cheaper, just like some of the other stuff (Amber Mist Aura, etc)

2. Capsule Feats.
    • To be honest, if devs were to take a poll (something I feel they should do), I'm certain most players would prefer to not have feats tied to time capsules.
    • YES, feats = in game progression. Its been this way since the start of the game. Since we came out of the brainiac ship and learned to spec skill points for stats, its in game progression and there is no denying it, its a core element of this game. Yes having the required combat rating to run certain content is the main part of in game progression however feats and skill points are just behind that. This is a superhero game, in spirit of that theme its only natural that we the player want to be the strongest and most powerful hero/villain.
    • You bring in the fact that other games have these 'Capsules' and yes they do, BUT those capsules do not lead to in game progression, most are for the sake of having certain cosmetics. Personally, I don't care much for a lot of the styles but I absolutely want the feats.
    3. 2017 Anniversary Gift?
    What was the gift exactly? Some cool trinket? A style? An aura? No, it was a 100 cr skip token with a feat attached to it.

• I'm reasonable, I have no problem with giving out a 100 cr token as long as it has no feats attached to them. And maybe a guide for the newbies.
    • "Oh but we expect everyone to have this feat already." Why was this not ever communicated to the community? How would we know?
    • Now then, I ran the Lockdown raid on an alt I decided to use the token on. Me being me, I knew how to use my character as best I could. However, I saw fresh new players using things like Heat Vision and Vortex Trap in this raid, and you can bet the raid would have gone south if not for my high leveled friends that ran with us. No understanding of mechanics what so ever.
    • Similar newbies that had used the 100 cr skip token were in the watchtower asking how to spec points. :confused:
    • Did those newbies have high level friends? No. Were they given some sort of instructional guide on how to play along with their 100 cr skip token? No.
    4. Twisting Desires
    This is one of those iffy controversial ones but it may very well be the most important of all. Community asks for something and they get part of it but are also given something that leaves them unsatisfied. Sounds a little confusing and a little weird I know but I'll admit its not something I'm able to explain easily.

• You get WM/AM but you also get cr differential. = unhappy
    • You get Stats Revamp but you also get long cooldown/ruined powers/frustration/etc. = unhappy
    • You ask for cool styles and you get them but wait, they're tied to feats. = unhappy
    • I'm sure I may have missed a thing or two (I'm don't PvP unless its for feats, you get the hint)
    Its one thing or another that's being added, and these 'things' are things that no one asked for. I completely understand everyone can't be happy, but huge and drastic changes that are pretty much unnecessary, that no one likes is not okay. Its not just some people that are unhappy, its a majority. Not just any majority, I'm sure someone can say "hurhurhur majority are Free-To-Play players." Its a majority of players that are members paying for this game, that are dedicating time and money, that are participating and have compromised with everything that's happened throughout the game. We are not happy. This is feedback.

What YOU the devs/team/higher-ups can do:
    Communicate. This is the first and most important one. The Community and the Devs do not read each other's minds. Why were we expected to have a certain free 100 cr skip token feat done already? I have it done but most people didn't know that was an expectation. Tell us these things from now on. Tell us what you're planning, give us options if we don't like something.

P4C2W. Remove this concept from your heads and the game. I've participated and spent money on stabilizers just like the rest of your customers and an extremely huge amount of us are not satisfied.
    • "Oh but but you participated and knew it was only a chance." Let's be real here, if you've spent a $50, $100, $100s, whatever it may be on stabilizers, ran the stabilizer fragment event every day, and did NOT get your desired collection/material, what do you do?
    • "OH but but..you can just buy it from the broker." How many people can actually buy it from the broker. You use the Broker prices to determine the drop rate? Log into everyone's accounts and look at THEIR money. Its not like everyone is sitting on their behind in the game expecting to be fed. We play the broker. But to make THAT amount of in game cash to BUY a feat is ridiculous and impractical. Not everyone has duped money let alone duped money in the billions (some do like: _ _ _ _ y ). I'm sure you don't condone the use of those gold sites either and I'm sure people would be upset if they even had to resort to such measures.
    P2W. Players do not want Pay-to-Win but if it absolutely must be something that remains, we have to set up some boundaries in this relationship.
    • The W in P2W must be defined as a value that does not = in game progression. The W can be a cosmetic item within the marketplace. You might be worried about "Oh no how will we sell them if there are no feats attached, less people will buy them." To that I have to say, you've already done the same with the Aura Bundles in the marketplace. Replay badges. Those are acceptable Ws.
    Bond. This is another of those weird ones. It is important how the devs/Mepps/higher-ups and the community approach each other. Just looking at the relationship from a few steps away, there is a sense of bitterness. Players blame devs/Mepps and there are times where the devs/the team or whatever its called does not respond in the best manner (opinion). Some players have often seen what looks to be favoritism, sweeping things under the rug, not the kindest of replies, going back on whats been said, immature behavior, and not accepting feedback (again, this is what it seems like, perceptions right). On the other side, some players also need to work on their language, manners, and behavior, and some of the same things mentioned above. Its a damaged bond that should be repaired.

Better Method As I've said earlier, communication is key. Having polls featuring questions, decisions, options that have been agreed upon by both community and the team of devs/higher ups regarding game changes would be much appreciated. (Polls for stats revamps, etc)

What WE the People Can Do (Jack Swagger anyone? No? Nvm.)
    We the DC Community can continue to voice our opinions and desires. We have to reach out consistently even through what may seem like hopelessness. Always be observant and mindful.
    • Like x 10
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I'm a 189 DPS that was invited to Lockdown by someone I don't even remember. Sure enough they were all 100's. After about a minute they literally just stood there while practically all I did was spam Flame Cascade.

I received many thank you's. My work was done.

The next day I was invited by the same person for the same raid.

"A bunch of us are using replay badges,"

"Do all of the older raids you haven't done yet."

"No, we want to keep doing this one so we can get the OP piece." *facepalm*
    • Like x 1
  3. SilkyPawz Bunny

Ahahahahahahahaha :eek::p You can't make that **** up if you try.
    • Like x 2
  4. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Lol my reaction exactly after reading
    [IMG]
  5. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I would face palm less if this was prime... at least that had a unique style...
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

yeah u pm ppl in-game for some rare collection, not even the material and make a 100mil offer just by ppl laughing at you saying plz only serious offers
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Well said :)