A Seasonal Per Month

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Jul 27, 2019.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I like the seasonals, even the ones I've done a zillion times. They get me out into the open world and give me a nice warm up when I sit down to play. Whenever they go away, I'm a little bit sad.

So in that spirit:

January: Anniversary with Anti-Monitor
    February: Valentines' Day with Star Sapphires & Mr Freeze
    March: St Patrick's Day with Mxyzptlk
    April: NEW! Bunny Explosion! Captain Carrot, Hoppy the Marvel Bunny and Wonder Wabbit have been thrust into our dimension by Feline Faust! Help them collect the crystal eggs that will send them home!
    May: Spring with Poison Ivy/Swamp Thing
    June: NEW! Graduation Day: Both the Teen Titans and The HIVE are celebrating their respective graduations - but a sinister force from the future is determined to keep that from happening! Help your faction get to the bottom of this mystery!
    July: NEW! Patriotic Festival: Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters face off against the Force of July to save/destroy a parade in downtown Metropolis!
    August: Tides of War with Aquaman/Ocean Master
    September: NEW! As the time for a Martian holiday approaches, Firefly sets fire to huge swaths of Gotham City, creating issues for both J'onn J'onzz and his villainous brother, Ma'alefa'ak. Put out the fires so that they can carry out their rituals in peace!
    October: Halloween w/ Klarion
    November: NEW! A time-travel salute to Veterans Day, characters fight alongside Sgt. Rock and Easy Company - or beside Vandal Savage and his troops to determine the fate of the war!
    December: Winter Holiday with Larfleeze

Just for fun, of course. There's no way the devs would have time for such a project. Still, it's nice to dream... :D
    • Like x 6
  2. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]

Even if the Devs had the staff to spare, I rather have them improve QoL features.
    Seasonal are too grindy for me IMO.
    • Like x 5
  3. Elusian Crowd Control

Hehe, one of my favorite Cowboy Bebop scenes :D
    • Like x 3
  4. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

I like the concept of having multiple seasonals to pick from. Of course, if you are one of those people with the 'Mt. Everest Complex' (if it's there, I GOTTA DO IT!) or are feat-hunting, then all those seasonals would, I think, get OLD really fast! Especially if you have a ton of alts that you just HAVE to run them on! :eek:
    • Like x 1
  5. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Ein sums this up for me 100%.
  6. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

i like it, with the exception of April. id choose a Mad Hatter themed event
    • Like x 2
  7. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

if this format actually could happen, it would be nice to have a 4 star feat for spotting Calendar Man 12 times (1 per month) with the feat also rewarding some sort of Calendar Man style
    • Like x 1
  8. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

the issue with July as well is why would the EU players want to support that holiday.
    • Like x 2
  9. SkullGang Devoted Player

Would be good if the game was in a good condition as a whole.
    • Like x 1
  10. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

How about in July you have everyone fighting off some big offensive by Brainiac and his minions? Wherein July becomes a month where Earth celebrates an 'Independence Day' battle against the evil Brainiac? Should be something everyone can get behind, and is also DC-related. Just an idea.
    • Like x 2
  11. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

Ahh, a return to the initial storyline, ignored, ran away from, and put on the back burners. Wouldn't this feel a bit out of place?
    • Like x 1
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I dunno, I think the July and November suggestions run the risk of being politicized, so those might be left alone.

I can't think of anything neutral that could work for November, but for July my mind went old school to a Superfriends episode (Lex Luthor Strikes Back) where the main threat beyond Luthor was a group of sun creatures. They even turned the sun red to take away Superman's powers (thank goodness for the Supermobile!).

[IMG]

Corny? No doubt! LOL But at least it fits in with the whole "summer heat" bit. :D
  13. Controller Devoted Player

All good, OP -

Except you left the MOST IMPORTANT BUNNY out of your April Seasonal.

• Like x 1
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the idea of celebrating a martian holiday is brilliant.