A request and suggestions for an Earth Artershock AM

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lacedog, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Lacedog Loyal Player

I like your idea for tbreak. But why can't it apply the pi and also work with a hold aftershock dot?

I'll be honest. I already have my imaginary loadout made from these imaginary changes and I'm stubborn. Haha
  2. Lacedog Loyal Player

Also making tbreak ranged makes it work how you want it to as well as improving it to reach enemies at range. Making it work in any situation.
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

i just figured they wouldnt allow the power to set up the pi and do the dot aoe..or a burst hit ...however wintry tempst sets up a pi and does dot..so maybe it would be ok...
  4. Veritech Loyal Player

Sounds good and I like the stone aoe idea, except it would kill the single taunt on the tank side of things I believe.

Lacedog's hold aftershock combo idea is a winner, with tap shocks functioning as they do currently.

I'm leaning more toward the tectonic>unstoppable am/powerback starter as being viable.
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I forgot to mention this would mean reverting pebble blast to a single target burst hit. It would also be a single target AGGRO in tank stance... It would function exactly like first snipe ...
  6. Lacedog Loyal Player

Inferno, gailing eruption, and maybe electrocute(?) from electric as well
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Electrocuted doesn't set up pi but cool I didn't know about the other two so yeah I guess it wouldn't be so bad... I'd just really like a dot tats prec base .... Something that mimicked plague from celestial a bit the dot that is applied directly to the adds rather then one swirling stationary circke
  8. Lacedog Loyal Player

thats what overheat does with fire. thats what i want for totem. with a bonus for those who chose to pet tank, it would be an instant taunt that would send brick right to the enemy, while also getting heals.
  9. Veritech Loyal Player

What if striking stones was an aftershock power?
    That would be a great addition to range with along with upheaval, as jh will always be the goto mid/melee power.

Example loadout: tbreak> unstoppable> jhx3> upheavalx3> ssx3 wash rinse repeat.
    As long as your cooldown on tb/unstp is up you can perform any combination of the 3 shock powers..

Keep on dreaming of this being a reality one day
  10. Lacedog Loyal Player

More options to aftershock are very much welcomed in my book. Options are always better. That being said, if I had things my way my loadout is set.
    Jh, upheaval, tbreak, reinforce, unstoppable, meteor shower.

If they rotated the powers around like I proposed above you could have this loadout and both dps iconics. And I'd be happy as a donkey in mud.
    • Like x 1
  11. Dogico Loyal Player

Since launch powers have only had PIs added, never removed, correct? I guess I'm wondering because although I completely agree we only need one PI (Crush or Daze, idc) I don't think the devs are willing to remove a PI from a power.
  12. Lacedog Loyal Player

I don't really remember. It would make things way easier on earth. But say this am gets put in, I don't think there would be a need for only one pi. Unless you're wanting more aftershock options from the geo tree. That would be cool.
  13. Dogico Loyal Player

Others have suggested us only having one PI. This would help Earth overall (and I've always believed each power only needs one PI) but would sort of undermine the necessity of having Seismic tree revamped. Not too big a fan of Geo powers being aftershockable though, mostly for aesthetic purposes.

Seismic's PI application does need to be looked at imo. It just seems odd that we have more powers that apply Daze (4) than benefit from Daze (3).
    • Like x 1
  14. Lacedog Loyal Player

Making tectonic break a ranged power would take care of that. I really wish that had done that instead of changing pebble blast.
  15. Dogico Loyal Player

Yeah, that was kind of a messy change.
    • Like x 1
  16. Kohina Well-Known Player

Really loving all this ideas so far :p , too bad I can't suggest anything since you guys already took all this ideas out of my head. lol
    • Like x 4
  17. Lacedog Loyal Player

lets hear some! we couldnt of thought of everything already haha
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Nope you're wrong I have thought of everything :)
    • Like x 3
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Lace would you be opposed to making something other then unstoppable being the power back mechanic? Let's face it hey aren't gonna get rid of crystal as an am we have a shot at getting a second am but that means they will only give us 1 power back ...

Would anyone be strongly against making reinforce also be our power back mechanic ?and having the the power up in the striking stones spot so both trees can have easy access to it? And then using unstoppable as sorta a self pi buff that would make upheaval an jack hammers after shocks hot harder on top of your hold melee idea
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Or have totem move up where striking stones is so that it can be sort of a self pot as long
    as we are standing in range which would give crystal and yourself power back fortify could be used as a massive aoe damage from crystal to enemies and make crystal where she stays next to you at all times to do damage meaning she doesnt wander off or melee.... Fortify would be wm combo locked.... And we can use totem for our after shock idea as well for power back and again using unstoppable as a self pi
    • Like x 1