A Place for Discussion/Advice About My Bases

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by K3str3lDC, Aug 4, 2020.

1. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Thought I'd try making a forum thread as a place to bounce ideas around about and get advice for some of my bases and things to put in them if anyone wants to participate (if you wanna look at any of the bases to get a sense of them, lemme know your toon name so I can add you to permissions for visiting, I'm on USA PS4 servers). My toon is HLADamian and has 3 bases I'm working on. I'll give some context on him and each base. And I'm not asking to be giving these items, just for suggestions on them and where/how to get them.

HLADamian is my take on an elseworld version of Damian Wayne whom has gone with Talia and taken over the world. Some characters have joined his regime for varying reasons. Ollie and Dinah are in it so that they can still operate as superheroes and crimefighters without the regime always coming after them and getting in their way and therefore making it harder to save those lives. Jon joined due to his love for and dependency on Damian and cognitive dissonance of feeling that if Damian believes something is right, it must be. Other characters have been killed in the process of the takeover and others are in the insurgency fighting the regime (and sorta trying to save Damian from himself). The insurgency's Tim grabs regular Damian to help with this because of the "if anyone will know how to get through to and stop him, it'll be another him" line of thought, essentially fighting fire with fire or, in this case, fighting Damian with Damian. HLA stands for High Lord Assassin. That's the basic gist of the character.

The first base is named HLALivingQuarters and is this little apartment of sorts that's a sorta smaller, more private little home just Damian and Jon to go to and be just the two of them (get a little space from Wayne Manor and Talia and the LOA/regime sometimes). It uses the Eastern theme since the Al' Ghuls and LOA are Arabic (with a bit of Chinese in Talia's and Damian's cases as Talia's mom was mixed). Accordingly, it has a mix of Batman and Superman related stuff in it, as well as scrolls and Asian decor and just sorta home stuff. There's also a small army of pets because of Damian's critter love. I'm also working on getting training and work-out stuff for a little training area. Things like weapon racks, punching bags, weights, etc. There's also a little area (which may become a few areas) with images (Framed Metal Cards and Bombshells posters) of some of the characters that were killed but they still feel remorse and love for (Damian doesn't really wanna be doing this but feels like he has to and can't resist it any more) over their urns (the Large Metal Urn). Jon also has a sort of shrine to Clark. There are several Scoops totems meant to be sort of security drones. I wanna put some of the Batcave trophies (giant penny, dino, Joker card) as well as a Batsignal and the Window to Gotham item, but IDK where to place them, but I think they'll be in this one. Though I'll have a Batsignal in each so they can call Damian there when they gotta.

Things I'm looking for for this base: More large metal urns (forget where/how to get them), the Knight and Last Son framed Metal cards, second pack of Bombshell posters, other portraits of characters, something to represent a Thomas Wayne portrait (I'm using the palatial woman portrait as Martha), training/work-out stuff, anything else you think would be good in it

Base 2 is RandD (R and D, couldn't do the spaces or an &) and is really just an R and D center where they have people doing R&D for them. Basically all I'm looking for for that one is tech and R&D type stuff, medical stuff for when regime members need patching up, that sorta thing. I intend on doing the Scoops thing there, too. Was gonna use Titans drones but the one I got just wants to swim in the floor and it takes forever to get the source marks for them and I'm gonna use several, so then I tried the Angelic drones but they don't really suit the aesthetic lol. Scoops was much easier (and cheaper) to get a bunch of and makes sense design wise, so I just did that. Just gotta put them in now.

Base 3 is HellboundAsylum. It's just a prison and execution center. All I'm looking for for this one is just prison, torture, and execution stuff. It'd be cool if they gave us NPCs we could put in as prisoners. Maybe I could get Ambush Bug and put him in a cage!

If you read all, or even just some of, this, huge thanks. I know it's a LOT! So thanks for taking any amount of time for this!
  2. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Overall list of types of things I'm looking for suggestions of:
    Medical/hospital stuff
    Science/tech/research stuff
    Home stuff
    Batman and Superman stuff
    Character portraits
    Training/work-out stuff
    Prison/execution/torture stuff
    Something to represent prisoners and victims
    Anything else you think would suit any of these bases
  3. Brit Loyal Player

For Prison related stuff, one of the closed Zoo cages from Gotham Zoo, and then you drop a Shabby Mattress inside of it, and slide it up flush to the wall, it looks a fair amount like an old-school jail cell. If you position it right, you can even fit a Filthy Toilet in there as well.
    • Like x 1
  4. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Oooh, thanks! IIRC shabby mattress and filthy and standard toilets are all obtainable as drops from vault, promethium lockboxes, and/or Stabilizer Fragmentation. Is that correct?
  5. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

So current shopping list of specific items:
    Framed Metal Cards (Truth, Knight, Last Son)
    Bombshells posters from second pack
    shabby mattresses
    Filthy and/or standard toilets
    Bunch of large metal urns
    More Gotham Zoo cages
    Dynasty sets stuff
    Hospital pack stuff
    Industrial Research pack stuff
    Maybe the Flash Museum pack so I can put the Cosmic Treadmill in the R&D base
    Gym items
    Luxury toilet (for home)
    Amenities, particularly sparring targets for the training area
    Ambush Bug to be a prisoner
  6. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Where I can get them:
    Framed Metal Cards (Truth, Knight, Last Son) - Last Son from elite MOM, not sure for Knight and Truth
    Bombshells posters from second pack - MP or loyalty rewards vendor
    shabby mattresses - Stabilizers, vault, and random general loot iirc
    Filthy and/or standard toilets - Same iirc
    Bunch of large metal urns - I forget
    More Gotham Zoo cages - Gang War content
    Dynasty sets stuff - MP and random loot
    Hospital pack stuff - MP or loyalty rewards vendor
    Industrial Research pack stuff - MP or loyalty rewards vendor
    Maybe the Flash Museum pack so I can put the Cosmic Treadmill in the R&D base - MP or Loyalty rewards vendor
    Gym items - random loot
    Luxury toilet (for home) - stabilizers (I think)
    Amenities, particularly sparring targets for the training area - MP or loyalty rewards vendor
    Ambush Bug to be a prisoner - Collection

Any places to obtain any of these I'm missing?
  7. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

There Is a tier i can 't remember which one that give you a skull bodys which lock like get suicides.the bombelshell you should run the tier from the flash museum almost in everything bombelshell flash stuff and Creepy stuff like the bodys are conected in the same tier .the carda elite metal part 2 raids . hospital tru with the bane dĂșo or Arkhan,amenites the collections are in Arkhan Ace chemical , striker AND the steelworker
    .everyone has diferents collections
  8. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Ah, thanks. So then the collections Damian will need to complete would be: Best Collection Ever, Phobias, Shivs and Shanks, Prison Library, and Steelworks Tour Guide
  9. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

yes.there,if you run earth 3 you may get an alex sander luthor ship if you want to add as damian vehicule,if you run age of justice you may get a few gates to your base.in bird of prey chapter you can get a this deco.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Oooh yeah, thanks! Cots, especially simple cot, seem pretty good for those prison cells, too
  11. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Oooh, I should see if I can get a few cat scratching posts! Wish there were more pet itmes, like beds and bowls aside from the ones that exclusively come with Wonderdog and Krypto and maybe litter boxes or cat trees or even toys!
  12. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Oooh, I should see if I can get an emergency chemical shower or maybe a few for the R&D base
  13. Starblast Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  14. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Hmm maybe sometime I should have someone come help me decorate my bases and work with me and be another pair of eyes that can talk through it with me.
  15. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Update to shopping list:
    Framed Metal Cards Truth and Knight - Elite Metal P2 content
    Bombshells posters from second pack - MP or loyalty rewards vendor
    shabby mattresses - Stabilizers, vault, and random general loot iirc
    Filthy and/or standard toilets - Same iirc
    Bunch of large metal urns - I forget
    More Gotham Zoo cages - Gang War content
    Dynasty sets stuff - MP and random loot
    Hospital pack stuff - MP or loyalty rewards vendor
    Industrial Research pack stuff - MP or loyalty rewards vendor
    Maybe the Flash Museum pack so I can put the Cosmic Treadmill in the R&D base - MP or Loyalty rewards vendor
    Gym and dojo items - random loot
    Luxury toilet (for home) - stabilizers (I think)
    Amenities, particularly sparring targets for the training area - MP or loyalty rewards vendor and collectiond
    Ambush Bug to be a prisoner - Collection
    Simple and shabby cots - Age of Justice content
    Emergency Chemical Shower - Area 51
    Other portraits of characters
    Bunch of Large Metal Urns - Possibly Amazon Fury content
    Body bags
    Anything to represent prisoners (alive or dead)
    Other home, prison, execution, science, tech, R&D, Eastern, Batman, Superman stuff, etc and anything else that would go well in any of these bases
  16. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Are there any places/ways to obtain any of those I'm forgetting or not knowing?
  17. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

Well...

The Halloween event is coming up and I believe you can get the cat scratching post at that time, as well as Two-Face's Portrait, Arkham Asylum Fencing and other "interesting" base items Check out the DCUO wiki for the basic Halloween Event vendor list. Last year the devs gave us skeletons positioned on various furniture; they could be your dead "federal" prisoners. Note the cobwebs as well...

[IMG]

Keep an eye on the broker; some of the items on your list are fairly cheap; do a base item search with "ascending" prices to see the cheapest stuff first. The Shabby Mattress is part of a base item collection feat so it may be a bit harder to get. Check the vendors of older content, such as the ones that are outside of the content portals. If I remember correctly, you can purchase a content base item box that gives random base items from that content; I think the Gotham Gang War and Earth 3 vendors have this item. They cost source marks, though. Oh, and consider running a villain character as villains are more likely to get some of the more "diabolical" items you are looking for.
    • Like x 1
  18. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

19. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Some of these cages are pretty small and can't fit both the cot and Are there any big ones?
  20. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

This is the Tall Empty Cage that you can get from Justice League Dark. I'm not sure how wide it is, though. It is a rare item so good luck getting it.

[IMG]

This is the Large Cage that drops in Gotham Wasteland. I think the Wrath Minions drop this one. It is uncommon. I think this is the same cage that the Sentinels of Magic are locked into and you have to save them.

[IMG]

Otherwise, you may have to make your own "prison cage"; use one of the alcoves in the base and put an iron gate in front of it. The Gotham Zoo Archway Door

[IMG]

and/or the Gotham Zoo Signed Archway may work for now until the Halloween Event comes around.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1