A Mental Breakdown V3

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Greenman_x, Jun 10, 2013.

1. sheensprayshot New Player

Ok....help the noobs!lol. I only got 40 sp so far. Combat rating 43. About to start buying tier 2 armor. So does donna troy have the best selection given that I am a mental dps character who needs might?

Question 2. Should I mod at tier 2? Or should I wait?

Thanks.
  2. RASTA4LIFE New Player

Just want opinions about mental pvp, I currently play quantum and I am enjoying it however I don't want to continue playing this power because it seems like everybody and there grandmother's are playing this power right now. Before I made the switch to quantum I played Gadgets dps for pvp and I can say it was fun however I got bored of the power. I tried looking up youtube vids and hardly came across mental pvp videos, so I would like various inputs on stuff. thanks :)
  3. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

1.) Before T3 gear there is no difference between which suit you buy as far as stats go...You can buy T2 DPS gear from any one of the T2 vendors and it will have the same stats on it

2.) I wouldnt touch mods until I was close enough to get to CR 70 to buy T4 gear to be honest...Maybe Betas at MOST for the affinities, but really I wouldnt waste the bytes to mod obsolete gear that youll likely only have for a few weeks
  4. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

In my experience Mental seems to be on par with Gadgets as far as PVP goes...I dont really know what youd like me to touch on as far as that is concerned
  5. RASTA4LIFE New Player

I seen how the power works in duels and 2v2s but how is it in 5s and 8s? I think when I change i am going to really like this power, originally I was going to switch to mental when horrific visage used to transform people to ghost but when the update smacked it I refused to change. I am giving it another chance and so far it looks amazing, plus the trolling in pve for mental is amazing imo.
  6. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Mass Terror | Menace | Thought Bubble | Pyro | Terrorize

Your last spot you have a few options: TK push, Phanton Flames, Psy Shock for more damage or you might go with a shield like Granduer for atleast slowing down incoming damage if your being focused on. Reflect Pain also has its uses. Or you could go with Psychic empowerment to clip with and give some power back to the group.

Edit: sorry you didn't ask for a pvp loadout; i need more coffee :oops:
  7. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Tendrils is awesome in pvp, can hit multiple times which is sweet and doesn't split damage.

Also, everything should always be alpha/beta modded now. You can always use the storebought recovery kit to get the 1 byte back. So gearing up having 8 bytes will get you all the way through till you get to what you want to toss the big mods into. IMO really no excuse other than laziness to not have at least alpha/beta mods.
  8. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Ya tendrils can be beast 2 i forgot
  9. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

It holds it's own in 4's and above...hitting the groups target with Thought bubble, pyro, terrorize and mass terror definitely helps the burn on whoever you're looking to take out that's for sure

I like to run: Mass terror - Thought Bubble - pyro - grandeur - terrorize - phantom flames/bastion/menace

I only run bastion if I Q into a 5v5 match with a premade
  10. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Tendrils can be awesome in pvp...I've seen it tick off 4-5 times on a single target, but don't know how to replicate it
  11. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Yesterday, I tried to change my spec to include Thought Bubble in it.

So I dropped TK Bolt.

Well, for single target fights, it was very good... for my numbes in the score card, not so.
    TK Bolt with Enduring Damage mod is really good, cause you can, continously keep your modifier as 60%.
    So I changed back to TK BOLT spec...

I am trying to see what´s the best power to spam between weapon attacks...

I like Psych Resonance for groups, and Telekinesis for single... BUT, phantom flames seems good to add another DOT...

AND, what about Bolt Barrage versus Vacuum Bubble? Is it worthy to spend another Power point to get bolt barrage and just let vacuum bubble out?
  12. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Tendrils will do damage every time it passes through someone/something. So get them in a corner and use it and i'll bounce around a few times. Also if you can jump before you hit it the angle it fires at changes and seems to get multiple ticks more often.

IMO it's mentals best pvp move.
    • Like x 1
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

the 60% mod is huge, always worth tk bolt if only just for that buff every 20s.

TK for single target is worse than psych resonance, base damage on tk is ~24, on PR it's ~24 BUT when dazed/helpless it's ~35.

Bolt barrage is only better than VB if done in melee range imo, so stick with VB IMO.
    • Like x 1
  14. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I wouldn't touch any supercharge honestly...you can get similar numbers from 1-2 casts of TK Bolt or Terrorize than you can from a SC...I just don't think any power justifies taking up a loadout spot if you can only cast it 2-3 times every raid

If I use TK bolt, I like 13igtymes loadout: TK bolt - TK - Mass Terror - menace - Thought Bubble - pyro

Get that 60% mod going and stack MT, Pyro and TB works great on single targets, with groups you have to kinda spread your DOTs around a bit...you could also maybe swap out Thought Bubble or Pyro for Phantom Flames or Shock to get another power that hits multiple adds
  15. Starbrand Dedicated Player

I really like Terrorize, but I will give it a shot... thanks.
  16. 13igtyme Devoted Player

But if you don't use tk or mass lev then there is no dazed so the damage would be the same.
  17. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

True like I said you need dazed/helpless to get the bonus damage, but just was trying to point out that "single target vs multiple" was the wrong way to look at it as even on a single target after using 1 tk, PR would be better to use for the next 12s.
  18. sheensprayshot New Player

No difference in stats? Maybe I am not sure what you are referring to. Donna Troy armor gives more of a might boost than any of the other vendors for Tier 2 gear. So I started with her set. Since you reccommended i buy might and precisions gear. I guess I'll just wait to get CR of 70 before modding equipment. These SKILL points are killing me.lol. Any tips? I have all the exploration feats. I almost have Booster Golds done.But for some reason i can't find the ROBINSON PARK ONE. Um, I got all the races done. ummm...any other ways I can consistently play the game WHILE working on my feats?

Thanks.
  19. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

All T2 vendors (Power Girl, Batgirl and Donna Troy) have the same DPS gear...might and precision gear wasn't a thing until T5

There are tons of Skill points in PVP, tons in your leveling up missions, duos, alerts, raids...there's a bunch you can get in any content, just have to be aware of what they are
  20. sheensprayshot New Player

Is there a guide to each skill point? To make things easier? So I know exactly what to do. I wasn't aware that even as a PVE player I still needed to get skill points in PVP. thanks.