A Mental Breakdown V3

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Greenman_x, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Clutch_GT New Player

@ Green I've been experimenting with a different rotation in PvP...absolute madness
    Pyro Tk Push Tendrils Terrorise Bolt Barrage Menace this is to be used with 2 handed or 1 handed if you use 2 hand clip homerun if using 1 hand clip with flipslash and let your healer know when to hit full auto for you so you can land flipslash and clip with tk push.. this has been dropping people like flies.
  2. Quagmire New Player

The serious issue with TK bolt in alerts and anything that is not nexus, paradox, or solo boss oriented is that you cannot daze multiple enemies at once unless you use Mass Lev then TK bolt which takes WAY too much time.
    Sure you can use daze devices but I just dont like that fact you have to use them to AoE (very small AoE at that) daze.

The helpless "PI" is neat and all but by the time you get a TK bolt off the ads might not be helpless anymore so that is a very inconsistent way to try to get the extra damage.

If TK bolt worked like Tachyon blast with all of Quantum's PI's or like fireburst that works with other powers PI's that would be amazing

This is mental's one downside for me since fire, quantum, and ice can easily put their PI on multiple targets at once from a distance or melee with their OWN powers for their 60% moves.

Other than this mental is a beast power but that fact depresses me lol.
  3. Dagg212121 New Player

I have been running menace-pyro-tkbolt-TBubble-Mass Terror-Terrorize but its only possible since I have the skill point bug and still had the 2 points to spend on the Innates. For whatever reason it shows as if I dont have Visage but I have the power under it.

Forgot to ask what trinkets are you guys running. I was using supply drop but I wonder if I do more DPS with Orbital in there? Supply drop i canusually fill up myself and the 2 others near me. I guess I wil have to play it out based on how I feel power is going for that particular raid.
  4. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Are you doing it in controller or DPS stance...I'm assuming DPS?
  5. Entropy720 New Player

Make sure you use TK before Tk Bolt and I tend to use it moreso, on groups of adds.
  6. Clutch_GT New Player

@ Green
    That's specifically for DPS stance and is very very efficient and has huge burst potential. For Controller in 4v4 and below I've been using pyro invisibility menace/grandeur tendrils reflect and PE. Invisibility with the stealth mod works just like a shield and mitigates damage so it helps. The only drawback is the occasional lag spike when someone summons henchmen but obviously you would wait after you've killed off the henchmen before going into invisibility. With this loadout I've been going toe to toe with tanks in equal gear, it's still fair game on whoever gets off more counters/does more damage will determine the victor but there's definitely room to wiggle with this setup IMO.
  7. Anti Bezz New Player

PF/Pyro/Shock/Bubble/MT/Menace
  8. chaosknight0331 New Player

Just a heads up but Phantom Flames is not getting the extra damage from terrorized enemies
  9. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Just so you know your averages are off. Non crit tk bolt hits 1700-2000 crits hit 3200-4800 atleast what I've seen. Your not going to seen 1k average from shock. That might be the crit average but non crits hit much lower and if there is more then one enemy the damage splits. Tk bolt doesn't split.

I does take some practice but more often then not I can hit a group of adds when they are being controlled. It just takes some getting use to. Also don't wait till the adds are being controlled to cast it. Start casting it before.
  10. Anti Bezz New Player

Just a heads up it is since i ran test a few days ago.
  11. 13igtyme Devoted Player

That's where balance comes into play. Fireburst and iceblast or w/e its called hit more enemies but split. Tk bolt and tachyon blast both only hit four, don't split and can be used at max range. The difference? All the other moves. Ever notice how most quantum dps are using identical load outs, minus one or two alterations. Quantum has to rely on more burst. They're very few dots so while they are casting tachyon blast they don't have as many dots, so the easier pi makes up for that. Here's a plus to us though, our menace hits harder with a pi. There warped reality adds a pi. It still procs but not nearly as hard. With 2507 base might, might neck mod, 60% buff, and a trinket... My menace crits around 1400-1700. My jaw droped when I saw that.
  12. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

What were the crits off of? Mass Terror? Weapon Combo? TK Bolt?

Menace is something I know in the back of my mind is proc'ing, but I never really sat down and watched for it before
  13. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I does it off every thing but sometimes I'll go to the sparring target and use a random power, tk bolt for 60%, MT for terror, trinket and then menace to see the max I can get from it. If you get your might as high as you can before using menace then you'll get better results.

Someone asked about my rotaion earlier, and while I don't want to give it away to all as play styles and weapons differ, I will tell you that the first 10 seconds of a fight are the most critical. Everything after that and its easy to keep the dots up, dazed, menace, and 60% buff. Regardless of weapon type because I've tested fast weapons and slow one and still maintained all that, realitively easy.
  14. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I was thinking about what I would use this morning with that loadout for a rotation lol.

My first thought was TK > Pyro > TK Bolt > MT/ Menace > TB
    Then back around to Pyro > MT > TB
    Then Loop back around and do TK > TK Bolt
    Then Pyro > MT/Menace > TB

This way you get the 45% buff to TK bolt from Pryo, you got a PI hitting Pryo + dots to do damage while your casting TK Bolt, then your MT + Menace + TB are all launched at the 60%.

Then you re-apply all your DOTS at the 60% damage buff before re-setting up your your 60% buff again for 20 seconds.

IDK might not be the perfect rotation but something close to that is what I would do, without actually running thew it at the training dummy
  15. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Thats pretty much what Ive been doing (or at least trying to do)...Get the PI on your target (TK) then hit it with the 60% and get all your DOTs on it at 60% and reapply whenever necessary
  16. 13igtyme Devoted Player

The best and easiest thing to do is cast tk bolt off to the side right before everyone starts the boss fight. That way you can start your dots and menace with 60% menace still being later for the escalating might mod. One thing you note is tk can crit for a very large amount with the 60% buff and high might. So popping it right before pryo or tk bolt just to make sure the target is dazed is not a bad idea.

Also if your pot controller is mental and using tk then you can take out tk and put in psy res or tk push. The burst damage from them is higher with the pi than it is from tk but it depends how much you trust your controller to add the pi. My best set up was a mental pot controller using dazed and a gadget controller using stasis field. It was fun....
    • Like x 1
  17. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Ok, well I'm a mental dps, I been mental for a couple months, I switched from fire. I keep having trouble burning the adds fast enough. My might is 2367, and my prec is 602. I use the rifle. My load out is Pk, menace, mass terror, terrorise, tk bolt. and phantom flames.
    I start off with pk thenclip with menace then grenade, mass terror, grenade, tk bolt and throw in phantom flames in there somewhere but I can not seem to get this dps thing down. Could someone lend some help.
  18. Coconuts Well-Known Player

Hello everyone.

So I need some advice on a good way to spec power points for pve as well as pvp. The current loadouts I use are the following:

PVE: Tele/Tb/mass terror/bastion/PE/grandeur
    PVP: tele/ tb/ pyro/ tk shield/ grandeur/ reflect pain

For pve, I feel like I don't have a good amount of CC or that theres possibly a better more power efficient rotatiom I could use
    For pvp, sometimes I feel like I don't get enough damage out on healer or other dps/trolls.

Can anyone help me out?

For reference: 113 sp, full punchline troll gear, cr91 pve, 2h as weapon.

Appreciate any help.

EDIT: 2h is pvp weapon, HB is pve weapon
  19. BrownMamba New Player

Do the DoTs from Pyro or PF get cancelled if another role set the target on fire?
  20. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

The burning dots do, not the whole power

Casting Pyrokinesis after Phantom Flames will also cancel out Phantom Flames in its entirety...Make sure to go Pyro then PF
    • Like x 1