A Mental Breakdown V3

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Greenman_x, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Starbrand Dedicated Player

No Terrorize?
    Are you sure it is not a must below 35%?
  2. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Not a must by any stretch...it's probably the best alternate to TK bolt though

You can use TK bolt throughout the whole fight vs Terrorize at the last 35% of The fight...Terrorize doesn't crit enough for me to have it in there over TK bolt
  3. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

I believe that using the mod for the 60% modifier (HomeTurf mod) allows you to inflict more damage versus using a 35% move. Though this may be debatable to many, so it would be nice if someone pulled up the numbers for it.
  4. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

I'll have to get back to you on that one.
  5. AJPro Committed Player

in the loadouts above are they listed they way you trigger, thought menace should be after MT to clip it?
  6. Monty New Player

Just tried using TK bolt again in a t5 op, just didn't like it. Sure you can see big numbers but I just don't like being stuck for 3 seconds. I was also interupted more times than I care to be, so here is my rational: take an average of 3k hit for TK bolt for a three second cast or an average of 1k hit for a one second cast with psy shock. PI interaction is pretty much always up with mass terror and you won't be interuppted with psy shock, so for me it's more consistent damage.
  7. Monty New Player

Menace is considered a support move for some reason, so it will clip any non cast move. Most will use it after mass terror to get the PI bonus
  8. AJPro Committed Player

what about phantom flames of PS??
  9. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

You get used to it the more you use it which will limit the number of times you get knocked out of cast, but this is always the risk of the cast time powers
  10. Monty New Player

Ya the high risk high reward thing - pre revamp i used to swear by mass lev and tk bolt, but find that i put up better damage with constant sustained damage.
  11. Monty New Player

I personally don't like using both burning moves and prefer pyro cause i find it hits and ticks harder, and the burst from PF is not as high as PS. I did try it out tonight in some weird loadout i tried.
  12. AJPro Committed Player

any1 try the newer loadout above.
    basically norm with tkblt as mod
    MT, Men, Pyro,PS, Ter, TK bolt?
    I tried, love dot ticks but tk bolt never hit high, i know i need tk to have dazed...but normally you are stunning, rooting etc from someone else so thought it could work...thoughts?
  13. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Thats why I really only like TK Bolt in boss fights and with a tank...I like being able to spam my group burst moves (Shock and PF) when I have to keep moving and for adds in say the T5 alert, you really cant afford to sit still without a tank and expect to get your cast off as much as youd like

But in Boss fights where I can sit back and let my DOTs roll off while im ticking off 3K hits with TK Bolt, its nice

I honestly think that the best part about Mental is the fact that there is no 1 set "cookie cutter" loadout like other powersets...We have a lot of freedom in what we can run in different situations
    • Like x 1
  14. TrueMarvel New Player

......... Needs more purple imo:oops:
    • Like x 1
  15. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

You want purple? Ive got purple for ya!
  16. Monty New Player

Oh absolutely. It is imo the one powerset that has been revamped that is completely non cookie cutter. Gadgets is close too but they right missed the mark with fire and ice imo, sorry tanks.
  17. TrueMarvel New Player

[IMG]
  18. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Any known way to apply "daze" to multiple targets?

(telekinesis is single, no?)
  19. Clutch_GT New Player

Mass Levitation is one way to apply dazed effect the only drawback is it has a cast time your second option is run with an Earth user who uses tectonic break and your last option is to use the dazing device consumables.
  20. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Yea what Sage said

Another thing to keep in mind however is, that powers like Pyro, TK Bolt, Resonance, etc all work off of the Helpless PI as well and not just Dazed...Any enemies that are Stunned, Rooted, Encased, Juggled, Panicked, etc all fall under the "Helpless" category, so your Tanks and Controllers are also pretty much always setting this PI up for you on groups of adds...Just something to think about when choosing a loadout
    • Like x 2