A Mental Breakdown V3

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Greenman_x, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Absolix Loyal Player

Most powers won't damage anything classified as an object. I know that things like the totems are classified as object, but I can't remember if the turrets are.

Typically this has been done so that damage doesn't split with random objects on the ground or break barrels when you don't want to, etc.

For a long time Mass Terror would hit objects. It made speeding through the vault easy, although it is much better that Mental's big hitter no longer splits damage when it hits random rock #9.
  2. Ryan_Ragenolds Active Player

Girlfriend and a job. Your becoming a big boy!
    • Like x 1
  3. Warlock Well-Known Player

I was told awhile back about melee weapons giving additional innate crit or crit damage, but I have not been able to find any guides or documentation on this. Does anyone have a source or know the specifics of the buff for melee and for non-melee and everything that counts as melee?
  4. Absolix Loyal Player

It is determined by what weapon you have equipped and whether the WM trait in the top right of the weapon tree. The crit innates from this only affects your Precision-based damage, not MIght-based damage. There is also a slight boost to CC resistance for having a melee weapon equipped, and slightly more if you have the WM tree unlocked for your equipped weapon regardless of whether it is considered ranged or melee.

Any weapon other than Dual Pistols, Rifle, Bow, and Handblasters is considered a melee weapon.
    • Like x 1
  5. metalfenix Committed Player

Guys, I tested for the first time Mass terror in my loadout, since everyone was talking about that in the nerf cry thread on testing subforum, and yeah, couldn't believe it when I tested it in the duos, it's crazy. I've been using mass levitation up to this moment (and I didn't do bad, I can keep up even with the powerhouses of earth, sorcery, ice and gadgets) but mass terror seems another level above it, when greenman said that it is the high risk-reward move he wasn't joking.

BTW

On behalf of a newbie on Mental, I must thank you for your effort explaining the mental power and their mechanics. I dunno what I would do without this thread.
    • Like x 1
  6. Warlock Well-Known Player

Thanks..and I absolutely don't dispute this is true--but is this documented anywhere in the guides or tooltips or wiki?
  7. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Mass Lev is the range finisher, most powers have that difference. The testing topic is saying that both of them are higher than should be.
  8. motionsick Well-Known Player

Ah, makes sense and seems like a good change.
  9. Starbrand Dedicated Player

So, as Mass Terror III will be NOT nerfed so soon.

In Endgame, the best use is MT II for adds and MT III for bosses?

Is it good to put a SC inside invisibility?

Is Menace worthy inside Invisibility?

(dont blame me for flavor jumping, it is my 5th year playing, I will do anything just to have some fun back...)
  10. CTEN Well-Known Player

Poser.
  11. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Luvovmyliveh!
  12. motionsick Well-Known Player

You can use the 3MT loadout against mobs if you keep up resonance between the groups (or if Invis off cooldown you're fine). If you lose it, you're 30sec out from max dmg.

Yes, the SC goes inside Invisibility. Menance is fine inside Invisibility also.

I haven't tested this after getting Resonance during your 1234:
    1 - Going into Invis -> MT
    vs
    2- Going into Invis -> Menance c/Resonance.

#1 should be faste with less chance of getting knocked out of Invisibility, but I don't have any quantitative or qualitative results to back that up. Allegedly hitting MT while inside Invis hits harder than after coming out.
    • Like x 1
  13. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I have Been a Mental Dps/Troll for some time now and Just love the Powerset. However I have heard of a shortcut but cant seem to get anyone to give me a What it is.
    My current Dps Loadout is Grandeur, Psy Res, Phantom Flames, TK Push, Tk Bolt and Finish with Mass Terror...

Anything I can do to change it up a bit get a bit more Dmg . I am Cr 164 Sp 245
  14. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Master how to put invisibility instead of psy resonance and have 3 mass terror possibilities :p

Personally, I still suck at it.
  15. motionsick Well-Known Player

As soon as you cast Grandeur or Invisibility you can directly cast Mass Terror or Mass Lev for a bit hit. This can be done with or without Resonance.
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

I have a doubt: When I'm on invisibility and any add hit me and immediately I apply Mass Terror, I still get high damage or not?
  17. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Yes.
    • Like x 2
  18. Xibo Loyal Player

Ok. Thanks.
  19. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I've recently changed to Handblasters, since so many of these new instances have items that require weapon damage (Turrets in the Duo, Turrets in Prison Break, Pods in Brainiac fight). It's kind of annoying that they do that.

How much Resistance am I losing by using a ranged weapon now instead of a melee weapon ? I know I'm not losing any damage, but I'm still curious.
  20. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Resistance? I'm not sure what that is