A Mental Breakdown V3

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Greenman_x, Jun 10, 2013.

1. The Anxient Loyal Player

True.
  2. pultinski Well-Known Player

a noob mental question for you all.
    if i do the 3 amplifier powers at range, then lunge in and apply mass terror, does the lunge time affect the mass terror dmg ?
    thx
  3. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

It does. Instead lunge, then start your AM rotation.
  4. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Depends on how far you're lunging and how fast you're clipping the lunge with MT. If you're only lunging a short distance (and I mean short.) then you're good if you clip it immediately, but if you're lunging from the back of the room, then forget about it.

Your best option is to hop around. After every power cast, jump and move a little closer until your MT is in the right distance to hit, then hop back.

I always meant to do a video on this, but totally let it slip my mind.
    • Like x 1
  5. Grvv Redwig Well-Known Player

How about 'most boringest' !
  6. tomuchpressure New Player

Just switch from ice can I have a loadout and rotation tht can compete with the other class. For pve
  7. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

I hope you didn't switch from Ice because of the DPS side if it, as it's currently the most OP class in the game right now.

For the Mental DPS side, use the following: Psychic Resonance (on switch to begin AM); TK Push; TK Bolt; Phantom Flames; Mass Terror clipped with Menace (when available). Rinse and repeat. When you're ready to use Mass Terror (finisher), you want to make sure that you're at least within mid-range in order for it to hit as hard as possible. The further you are away, the less effective it is.
  8. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Hi all,

Went Mental (Had to take a break from Celest) and was wandering the best rotation and abilities I can use? Also can the 3 PI abilities be changed in order, or is there a set order?
    • Like x 1
  9. The Anxient Loyal Player

Start with psychic resonance to initiate the am. Then tk push, tk bolt, Phantom flames, finisher. The 3 resonance amplifier moves can be in any order.
  10. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Which 3 Resonance amplifiers do you guys use? I see there are 4 to choose from and I'm not sure which one to leave out. I'm leaving out Psychic Shock right now because of its cooldown. All the powers seem to do similar damage though.
  11. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

It depends on my build. I don't get both Mass Terror and Mass Levitation, so I don't go after all 4 resonances.

If I get Mass Terror, I get Psy Shock, Phantom Flames, and Tele Push.

If I get Mass Levitation, I get Psy Shock, Tele Push and Tele Bolt.

In my opinion, I really like Tele Bolt because of its wide cone attack and its knockdown is effective. I also like Phantom Flames for the burning dot.

If I had all 4 AM starters, I would use PF and Tele Bolt, but as I mentioned I typically leave one out of my build. I don't think the damage is any different between them , so it doesn't matter to me
  12. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

I don't want to be the first to post my mental numbers post gu51..but wow! Lol
  13. TheDark Devoted Player

GU36 made it so most burst abilties, with or without PIs, do the same base damage. So which ever power is used would be based on things like type of AoE, cooldown, range, power interaction, or even control effect. This allows variety.

Below is an old post I gave to Green that he could use on his original page. Most of the numbers have been updated except for Pyro.

• Like x 1
  14. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I WAS LOOKING FOR THAT!
    • Like x 2
  15. Stamen Dedicated Player

Took my Muni to Mental because it was getting a little stale for me and I wanted to throw bombs with Tele in BP.

Quick question, MT seems to miss occasionally or fire off a really low number set. Is it possible to clip into it too fast and miss the resonance build up? I know I hit all three because they are on cooldown, but maybe I occasionally don't let the power hit?
  16. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Too fast? I don't think so. Too slow definitely.

You have to be within 12.5 m or else you almost totally lose the big hit on the MT finisher. Additionally you can't use any weapon attacks or other powers in between power casts or you lose the big hit as well. Otherwise you should be seeing full damage.
  17. Stamen Dedicated Player

Must be one of these two things. Thanks.
  18. BigDaddyDru New Player

Glad to be a Mental for Life player, and the following videos are why:

Soloing the Twin Sentinels in Nexus requires perfect and accurate Damage over Time (DOT) Skills. And as the above video demonstrates, Mental's Pyrokinesis and Menace abilities, when used correctly, makes easy work of both Sentinels.

Even at 131 CR, soloing Paradox Wave in 25 minutes or less is a feat only the most advanced and elite of Players can do. And make no mistake, Mental is definitely a power that can do just that! I said it before and I'll say it again..... Mass Hysteria is the DEADLIEST Troller Supercharge in the Game. There is reason it is a 100% Supercharge. Watch the above Paradox Video to find out!

Some of you may have already seen my 7 minute video Soloing Barda & Miracle at 126 ECR in Fatal Exams. I can GUARANTEE you no other Power in the game can replicate this awesome performance at 126 ECR. Mental rocks, and in the right hands you truly are unstoppable!

As always > Stay Competent my fellow Mental Beasts!
  19. generalzod Committed Player

Didn't think it was possible till you showed it wow ! that's skill and timing !
  20. Elusian Crowd Control

And I can guarantee you are wrong on that part because of tunnel vision. Rage can do that actually a lot easier, it's still the best solo powerset out there. Celestial is also in that pool and probably some others even I am not aware of (others can add here more if they have an idea).

Deathmike isnt playing anymore, sadly. He done all those stuff on tier solo years ago. Noone will ever come close to his solo skills. Mental can pull it of, yes but thats it. Saying that only this powerset can do it is plain wrong.

Just to actual stick on topic, someone has cr131 parses on the league hall single sparring targets? Cr131, no buffs, no supplies, no trinket, just the plain rotation for 3-5 minutes. Thanks as I don't have a mental and test doesnt work for me atm.