A Mental Breakdown V3

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Greenman_x, Jun 10, 2013.

1. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

I can't while at work, but I'll watch it first thing when I get home. (Don't judge my work ethic :p ).

The 0.5 seconds is possibly me misremembering something I read. I thought for mental's AM you only have a 0.5 second window to hit your next AM power, otherwise you lose your big bang finisher. If I can find the info I think I saw, I'll refer you to it.
  2. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I've mentioned .5 seconds as a reference time because I wasn't aware of the actual time and I knew it was close to that, so it was probably me. .1 second off. Sue me!

DO IT!
    • Like x 1
  3. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

Lol, I'm just glad I'm not crazy - thinking up specs out of nowhere. No litigation necessary :).

I'm not sure if actually got a confirmation as to what the gap is though. Do you know if it's 0.4 seconds, or 0.6 seconds?

Either way, I know I'm not skillful enough to weapon clip fast enough. I'll probably just add power discharge after my AM finisher...although I think it might reduce my SC regeneration, so I'll have to weigh the pros and cons.
  4. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

.4 I think.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheDark Devoted Player

It's around 1.50 seconds for both Gadgets and Mental tagging between power to power. Looking at weapon taps, it does look like it's around .5 seconds though. So the window for the tag is different for powers and weapon hits.

So jimbo told me about the power discharge thing. I was able to do... the DarkJimbo...

• Like x 1
  6. E Clip Dedicated Player

It was 0.5 seconds when the AM came out, then they increased it to 0.65 seconds. If you don't use a resonance amplifying move or one of the AM finishers you'll loose the big damage.
    • Like x 1
  7. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

LOL notes from the test server update:
     Increased the damage caused by Mass Terror and Mass Levitation when at maximum Resonance.

I don't get it. Were people not seeing crazy high numbers before? The only powers I've seen match/beat Mental are Gadgets and Ice.
  8. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

I can only assume they are starting their slight buffs to normalize the power sets at the standard that gadgets and ice have set.

The real question is, why did rage get a debuff? I thought the set was amongst the weakest...unless folks are playing it wrong (I know nothing about the set, so if the debuff doesn't affect typical rage dps damage, then so be it).
  9. The Anxient Loyal Player

Where did you find this? Haven't seen it.
  10. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

11. Absolix Loyal Player

It is only a nerf to the last combo of Frenzy, which is weird since I thought Outrage, Eviscerating Chain, and Revenge are stronger than just Outrage and Frenzy.
  12. TheDark Devoted Player

I was curious so I went on test server.
    With 9403 might & CR 126.
    For Mass Terror, I got a base of 446 (23,009) to 541 (27,904).
    For Lev, I got 272 (14,023) to 329 (16,943).
    That's when at max resonance.

Shiny's old numbers for Mass Terror were 367 to 449.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proto1118 Committed Player

Apparently spamming Frenzy with the combo was netting high DPS and giving players another option of doing damage, so they took it away. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  14. The Anxient Loyal Player

I can honestly say there are powers that need alot more help than mental. Even though my main is mental this is really not needed
  15. motionsick Well-Known Player

Looks like it was an easy adjustment.

Other powers I think need actual mechanics tuning/fixing to be on par.
  16. E Clip Dedicated Player

According to the new base dmg numbers from TheDark thats approx. 20% buff which is how much Mental was behind Ice. I just fear that we will end up in another buffing cycle which will make content even easier and faster. I would have preferred that Ice/Gadget/Fire were brought down to Mental level because imo thats where the damage should be at.
    • Like x 1
  17. Grvv Redwig Well-Known Player

Another buff ? LOL. The Am is still boring...
    • Like x 1
  18. The Anxient Loyal Player

Amen to this. Have gotten to the point that I barely play my mental toon. Only troll for league runs and the dps is mind numbing.
  19. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

And the mt scream is annoying. But get enjoy it, you guys scraped the bottom long enough.

So again in a non mental update, mental confess out as the clear winner.
  20. xD25x Dedicated Player

Almost all ams are boring tho.
    • Like x 2