A.M. Variety

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BipolarDiva, Sep 20, 2015.

1. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

I have been thinking of a way to expand our power variety. The problem as I see it is this,
    Devs won't consider doing this unless it's easy to do because there are so many powers. My main goals are twofold, 1. K.I.s.s. keep it simple stupid. So. Using ice as a rough example cold snap followed by ice bash activate the A.M. then choose ANY two powers for power return and damage.
    This solves TWO problems. 1. Simplicity. 2. Cookie cutter loadouts. It's not perfect however
    It opens All powers could also be extended to
    Iconics for the same damage potential. Thoughts?
    • Like x 8
  2. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Any one?
    • Like x 1
  3. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Yes, I'd like we have more choices in our loadouts It is annoying to have no choice to use a pre-made loadout to be efficient. We should be able to have our own loadout and all different.
    • Like x 5
  4. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Ty for your response, I was nervous about posting this due to the 1234 hate. However I believe this is the easiest way to expand our power options and make it easy for the devs to doalong with making iconics usable.
    • Like x 2
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

I dont have this problem because I am celestial. But for all the might based powers, yea I can see how it gets boring and especially for quantum dps not even having to have to use 1 of their trees.
    • Like x 6
  6. lokithoz Committed Player

I would love to see more options not only that single rotation!
    It up to the devs anyways.... IF they want to implement a new rotation for each power or at least variation.....
    The others powers bedsides the ones in the rotation, do not scale with content. Which makes them completely useless....
    • Like x 1
  7. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Regarding your last statement. That's what I hope will change with this idea.
    • Like x 1
  8. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Looking for feedback here.
  9. lukelucky Devoted Player

First we gotta factor 2 new powers are in the works. Balance a yr plus in is indeed in the works. As if that jobs not hard enough or big enough the devs acomodated us the community and added mid range. Then the monthly content is a new program needing attention. Lets not forget the lottery woes needing people from team dcuos time.

Pvp was started to be rebuilt when they tested the removal of blue immunities. Because of feed back they decided this was not a good first step. Seems they have another coloasal mess to undo and its contraversial. So they need to tred lightly and I am sure this requires plenty of man hours. Oh yeah balance pvp.

Forgot AMs being added to support roles.

Our dev team is what 20 some people? Maybe a few more or less. Id imagine we for sure will get additional AMs I mean some powers AMs only use one tree. Common sense says the other tree in said example is reserved for a second AM. EARTH anyone not believe an aftershock AM is not down the road at some point?

I see AMs having a min of two AMs and both having range, mid, and close methods. When? Yesterday preferably but again our dev teams how big?
  10. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Ty for your response, I suggested this based on a template they already have ice. Simplicity itself. It opens All powers, all iconics and disolves cookie cutter loadouts by opening Everything. 3 requests made by the community using a template already in existence.
  11. darkscarletx Loyal Player

More AM starters could give us more loadout options. Maybe more finishers too. Iconics could work as more finishers too in our loadouts, just a thought.

But yeah midrange is coming too so maybe we will have more options with this. We'll see what the devs will do but I want more freedom too.
    • Like x 1
  12. Backseid Devoted Player

A.M. ---------------------------------------------------------------- Variety

There. That's better. :p
    • Like x 1
  13. SSeid Committed Player

The very purpose of the AMs is to defeat variety.

Variety is using whatever loadout you want, with whichever power and get acceptable results. That also leads to some loadouts out-performing others.

AMs are a tool to help those that had zero brain cells into making dmg and competing with the ones that had some.
    Personally I find it repulsive, but there needs to be a simple baseline for all powers to please the ones that can't perform well even if their life depended on it.
    The problem is that most those less than gifted individuals feel entitled to performing well regardless if they couldn't tell the difference between a fork and a spoon. So any change that might make better players perform even better ( wow, how insane is that right!!! ) will be met with resistance and eventually called unbalanced.
    • Like x 1
  14. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

People will still automatically use the max damage loadout so diversity doesn't matter. The thing that would matter is augments or whatever passes for mods in this game (which are also not diverse so there is your problem)
  15. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

90% of people use the same loadouts because they yield the "best" results adding more powers to the AMs will not solve this issue at all only which powers we use then 90% of everyone will use that loadout. The only way to make all powers equal is to make them all exactly the same, same animation ,same cast time,same damage everything. And that sounds way more boring then what we have now......
    • Like x 3
  16. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I agree, I was going to make a in depth thread this week actually on the matter. I hope the Devs address some of the currently useless abilities for the different range abilities in the stage 3 DPS updates.

I will still address the matter in a thread soon.
    • Like x 1
  17. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

True, I'm glad midrange is coming . we need it. This could easily be done simultaneously since they are only using an existing template from ice to do it.
  18. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Lol
  19. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

. Did you skip your coffee? I know that makes ME grouchy:)
    • Like x 1
  20. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

This idea works like ice artic gust and avalanche so Any Two powers from any powerset including iconics gives same results. Ending cookie cutter loadouts and infinite changes to loadouts for fun.