A little confused about this quote

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Saint Nutella, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

Man, IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM SHOULD THIS HAPPEN.
  2. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

I can't tell if you're blind or dense yourself since I already gave a solution to stop it from happening. You biasing videos with crits on purpose trying to prove a point is funny af though. I guess I should start doing 10s parses for pve balance and wait til I get reads of 35-40% crit chance to report my results to the devs.
  3. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

It does not matter if it was a crit. Anything that takes half your life like that isn't justified.
  4. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Care to make a bet on that? 3 power uses to hit 50% health.
  5. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

No it's not acceptable. Not at all. You cannot hit someone out of stealth to counter this damage because people always shield before they go into invisibility. Power usage doesn't mean anything considering you regenerate power. Sorry man but it's not justified.
  6. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Or, you know, you can block. Or you can lunge and dodge all of the damage since it's ranged. But you should know this already since you pvp :rolleyes:
  7. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

Are you kidding me? You get cc'd before you could ever do that or if you get countered you're pretty much good as dead. Not many powers can kill you from just landing a counter and going into invis attacks. It isn't justified man. It's broken as hell. People know it is. I know it is. I don't get how you can justify this damage.
  8. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Start lunging when you see them going into stealth and the cc won't land in the first place. If you get countered:
    tank/troll - shield up, breakout trinket, breakout ability
    heal - shield up, possibly don't even block or finish combos to begin with to even give a blue since you'll likely have the advantage in every fight since everyone wants shields to get nerfed to the ground and tank heals to get nerfed but healing over time to get a buff.
  9. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

Stop justifying the damage.
  10. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

And as a sidenote, that's why it has a 12s cd. If someone was to cast 3 dots with a might spec as elec, I'm pretty sure they could reach half of your health as well from those casts during a counter. Only difference is burst vs over time.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

If you want to critisize my list of feedback then do so with meaningful data to provide your own feedback, don't just critique someone and say they're wrong with very little to go on.

And if you wouldn't mind please don't post your responses within tthe quote window it makes it far more difficult to respond to your points.

I'm all for having a reasonable conversation if you're willing to present meaningful discussion but not when you present it in the manner you did it's just annoying imo.

I mean even if I take your response towards power imbalance and weapon imbalance nothing in your comments about pve are even remotely relevant to pvp.

I'm curious actually how much do you actually pvp?
  12. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Stop stating opinions and actually prove me wrong.
  13. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

He doesn't because if he did, I would have fought him. I PvP for long periods of time. I proved that. My Twitch says enough ^_^
    • Like x 1
  14. Soul Dedicated Player

What are you people even arguing about? Who cares about the functionality of a single ability within a Meta that requires no counters?
    It's like you're arguing about why the elevator isn't working in a collapsing skyscraper..

The thread was linked on HoB's discord, I've given up on the game a long while ago, sadly..
    Thank you for still giving a cwap, I'm all out of that.
  15. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

I've been in Nightfall and Aesthetic/Platinum. I've also done 4s against HoB and won, and beaten several of their members as well as OPT in 1v1's. That's why I was confident on challenging this other guy.

In regards to power and weapon imbalances, that shows your lack of understanding of how pve and pvp are related. When pve is changed, pvp is changed with it. PvP is always a secondary change afterward. PvE midrange updates broke PvP. 35%'ers being a clear example of this where Nature and Elec were the two powersets said to have weak 35's and coincidently enough, they're the only two powersets that didn't go through a midrange update. Frost snipe hitting like a truck? First page of Ice Midrange Update. HL spam alone killing people? Posted in the midrange thread. PvE sets the foundation for what happens in PvP. This is why we had the pvp update a long time ago to go back and re-nerf AM and WM damage inside of arenas. The problem with the pvp for stats revamp is that they didn't go through and do the pvp nerfs afterward. If stats revamp 1.6 has close to perfect weapon balance for pve and pvp, if 1.7 comes out and they buff a weapon, it's buffed for pve and pvp until they go back and nerf it directly for pvp. Powersets and Weapons were changed countless times through the updates of the revamp, but pvp was only touched in generic senses like this:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/stats-revamp-1-6-pvp.286779/
    which eventually lead to threads like this
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/pvp-and-the-stat-revamp.288067/

Damage inside of arenas started off as ridiculously small to the point you couldn't kill anyone. Then they buffed it to where everything 1shotted. Then they increased toughness like twice. They never did changes case by case for the powersets. They didn't make a checklist like what Mepps did in the previous pvp update where we could say what was specifically wrong with each powerset. 1.6 was the update where we had 1shot damage. If you check the test server hotfix notes for after that date, there's nothing for pvp. Which means whenever they redid combo damage calculations, that affected pvp and was unchecked. When they changed the bonuses for the focuses, that was unchecked. When they did another 2-3+ rounds of recalculating damage from weapon combos and weapon mastery, that was not checked for pvp. They constantly kept making changes for pve, but never sat down to correct their mistakes that those changes caused in pvp. Rifle being a prime example. Rifle was called strong since the start, and there was a point where it was parsed and it was shown to be the highest dps that rifle could put out for single target and it wasn't blockable. That was never nerfed signficantly, and it carried over to being a problem in pvp. Combos not being vulnerable to interrupt? Check the threads, complained about:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/stats-revamp-atomic.283266/

And then we go to the HL thread and spord gives some weak excuse saying that combos were made non-interruptable to compare them in dps with non-combo powers, which is a lazy way out that ruined pvp to the point I don't even warrant it as a valid excuse.
    [IMG]
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/stats-revamp-1-4-light-feedback.284698/

Rage combos doing hella damage in pvp? Guess what, they got a damage buff, because somehow the developers didn't have outrage and revenge classified as melee from the get go.
    [IMG]
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...tats-revamp-1-4-rage-imposter-edition.284839/

People like Carkus and Soul and even Brother Allen were worried about whether or not time would be spent on PvP to go back and fix these problems that PvE was causing, and they never did.

HoT being weak? Go back and look up the posts from "Charmed Legacy" or "Celestial Powers" in the Celestial feedback thread or Nature. Fighting for months trying to get healing over time buffed because PvE healing used to be reliant on spamming burst heals. You can even watch Elusian's early stats revamp where he makes his comments on it. HoT was trashed for PvE reasons, and thus, it remained trash in PvP.

Superpowered Focus? Guess what, we didn't even have that for the first half of stats revamp. That was added as a cop out to try to help PftT playstyle with power management along with Weapon Focus helping weapon mastery play. Superpowered wouldn't even be in the game if they didn't take the easy way out and actually fixed controller power out and power cost for dps's which you noted when you finally came onto test.

PvP is garbage because PvE was half-done and rushed to live before it was even balanced completely, and they never went back and did PvP powerset specific changes. Even right now, the only one we have that's directly in PvP only is the change to how atomic heals in pvp. They didn't target mental, munitions, gadgets, or ice which are the actual powers known for stacking shields, they nerfed them across the board which hurt healer powers, especially Celestial. Water might be the first power to get specifically nerfed for pvp because it has 1shots.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

I don't care what league you're in I don't care whether you're played a few 4's or beaten a few people 1v1. What's your PVP CR, how many SP do you have? How many of your PVP feats are completed? How long have you been playing DCUO?

I'm well aware of this so you can put away your attitude of superiority.

So what's your problem I said powers and weapons were imbalanced and you're acting like I said something otherwise, call me confused you appear to be agreeing with me, so the problem is what?

Fair enough feedback again I don't necessarily disagree, I'm sure the devs can read this.

Same as above.

Same as above.

Don't disagree, You're agreeing that powers and weapons are not balanced; So I have no issue with this, that is what I said too.

I don't disagree, healing within does need to be worked on, sometimes healing can go from too strong to too weak both leading to the exact same frustration.

I don't entirely agree with this, sorry; the play masteries were developed due to feedback from the community not everyone agrees on them. controlling was clunky for a while on test I actually don't have too much problem with what's now on live. I don't agree with your sentiment expressed here I'm afraid. I also don't quite know what you're getting at in terms of PVP are you trying to allude that the masteries are imbalanced? Sure, possibly they are; it's quite easy to play with power consumption and return and the like within an arena to seek balance though.

the developers actually said all along they were going into this revamp with somewhat of an intention to ignore PVP, was that a great idea, probably not, but it was what it was.

Well with due respect too, Moja has asked in this thread where to start, he wants videos and data. That's why I gave him a run down it certainly wasn't exhaustive and you'll note I even directed him to this section of the forum.

You're welcome to post data to them, perhaps if you do it in a meaningful, informative and respectful manner you'll get your say. I suggest you start working on it, I'm happy to come to your thread and support you across the majority of what you've said as by and large we appear to be in agreement. Obviously not with everything but most stuff I think we can see eye to eye.
  17. Bantos2 Active Player

Most of you people have no idea what you're talking about and you'll end up ruining pvp again if they decide to make a pvp update.

Pvp won't get fixed unless they bring back RPS.

Heals are too weak for group pvp
    Weapon damage and all powers need rebalancing
    Power regen is too high
    Shields are too strong and loadouts with 3+ shields have become meta
    Weapon mastery is too strong for some weapons
    Stuns are too strong
    5 taps for counter is too much, make it back to 3
  18. Surtur Well-Known Player

You don't replace your cars engine because you have a flat tire or a bad alternator. You fix the flat or replaces the parts and keep on going. You're acting like it's the end of the world. These issues are nowhere near game breaking but you sure are making them out to be.

I'm trying to figure out why you are so up in arms about a few things?
    Are you having issues because you can no longer walk all over people or are you so OP now that you feel bad because you're crushing everyone in PVP?

Shields are not broken they are actually helping give balance.
    Super powered is not overpowered.
    Some of the issues you have are because you need to use other roles to counter not just individual powers. Think team work. Stop thinking about individual powers and look at what powersets ( roles ) can counter what the others are doing. GET RID OF THAT DPS ONLINE mentality. There are four roles not 1 within PVP.
  19. Surtur Well-Known Player

People asked for and have been asking for the old rock paper scissors system back and DCUO is a lot closer to this than they have been in a LOOOOONG TIME. People really need to step back and see what is happening. Stop getting super bent about less than 5% of whats going on in PVP and look at the big picture.
  20. Surtur Well-Known Player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.