A little confused about this quote

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Saint Nutella, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

More on DPS bonuses:

There is really no point to DPS role at the moment on Live. 10% damage doesn't justify dps role. Why go for a meager 10% damage increase versus better shield, heals, stuns, and other role bonuses while in role? Support classes in PvP need a damage reduction.
  2. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

Regardless of what one thinks, MA to handblast uppercut mastery does need to be rebalanced to bring it in line with the rest of the WM combos. I don't think you can justify its damage when you think about brawling to 2H mastery combos. Those combos do no where near the damage MA to HB uppercut does.
  3. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

1. you got a double crit
    2. you have open world skill point values, open world gear mod stats if you're not running 6x or lower, and gen mods
    3. you hit her beforehand, which makes it barely under/at 50% health assuming you get a double crit, which means on average it's just a chunk and not 50%+ like you implied
    4. with the factors from point 2, if her health doesn't change in arenas by a large amount but your stats are nerfed significantly, yeh, you're not reaching 50% even with the double crit.
  4. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

Ok we'll do this in arena since you want to get technical.
  5. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

You can't make it to where it doesn't pull the player otherwise those abilities become completely useless in pvp arenas. Even controllers have pulls as well and grounds that help chase people trying to run away. The most they can do is nerf power regen so it can't be spammed and to increase cc resistance possibly after spam is confirmed to be dead. Increasing cooldown is an indirect way to prevent it from being spammed. There's also the notion of, that's a strategy. That's the point. You're not supposed to be able to do anything about it in certain cases. That's like running 4 battle heals and 1 battle troll in a 5v5 pug match, of course there's nothing 5 dps can do about it, that's the point of doing it in the first place. That's like nature heal and hl dps before stats for 2v2. You're not supposed to beat it, otherwise it wouldn't be a strategy. Strategies are meant to give unfair advantages to the player. Another simple solution is just to not queue 2v2 batcave. There's no feats in there besides batcave which has a 1v1 version. How do you think dps feel when they fight tanks or healers who can get 1 kill in Shadowlands and try to turtle their way to a 1000-0 with only 1 kill on the scorecard. If you can't deal with it, then leave, do it yourself, or find a counter.
  6. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

They're balanced for dps, not individual hit for hit. Brawling into 2H is also aoe compared to the strictly single target of MA to uppercut, which means it's going to do less damage. There aren't that many actual PURE SINGLE TARGET melee weapon mastery combos.
  7. Surtur Well-Known Player

You're overreacting & exaggerating to say the least and on top of that you're making me agree with a person that I despise more than a bad case of poison ivy. LOL

Sorry but you need to back up, take a deep breath and look at things from a different point of view because PVP is not all that bad.
  8. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

Being able to pull over and over is NOT strategy when you cannot counter that person in the air. You should not be able to pull someone over and over. That's why I said something. You literally cannot breakout of the pull. In the past, you were able to breakout from Ice's pull and other pulls.
  9. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

^ Mental Ambush Pain Blast. You stating PvP is not bad at all says enough. If pvp isn't bad at all, then all the top pvpers like OPT, HoB, and NF would not have quit. When everyone that mainly PvP starts quiting, then there's a huge GLARING issue. PVP IS IN A REALLY BAD SPOT.

I am NOT exaggerating.
  10. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

better shield and heals are results from region clamped values and boosted stats as said before. You get 16-1900 dom for free. A healer can have better heals because he caps his heals out with a low sp amount because of region clamped values, which allows him to spec into dps as well. If PvP did escalatingly increasing instead of decreasing, a dps could put 175sp in might/pow that a healer wouldn't be able to do without losing signficant restoration. DPS's don't have a secondary stat to spec into meaningfully and they can't even all out spec into the one stat they do care about. And there's no role specific gear. DPS's can blow out supports in damage in PvE still even with only a 10% bonus, there's a reason that can happen in PvE but not in PvP.
  11. Surtur Well-Known Player

There are things that need addressed like I said before but five maybe ten things out of 1,000 things is not that bad. Definitely not broken.
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Had to click on the little "show ignored content" thingy to see who you were debating with, and yeah I agree with you. PvP isn't in good shape at all. Possibly better then it was prevamp but still terrible. So many gimmicks and crutches.
    • Like x 1
  13. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

That isn't broken to you? Please tell me you did not say that. You really think that's ok? Hell no this isn't right.

I pinpointed and reiterated what is wrong with PvP to Moja since it didn't sink in the first time. There's a reason why so many people agreed with my post*.
  14. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

1. 938 crit, 2197 crit. still critting.
    2. not 50% health . close but not there technically.
    3. you're using 2 powers, as said with gadgets, make the first kick you out of stealth
    4. you snitched on yourself in versus chat saying "argh" and "i didn't get a good crit" meaning you sat there and kept spamming it until you got high enough crits to get close to 50% health to try to make a vid xD
  15. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Then report that as a bug to not getting breakout immunity to pulls, not getting rid of the pulls in themselves..
  16. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

Moja, I forgot to mention. Nature dog's damage does a lot of spammable damage that it should not be doing. You can infinitely spam in dog and dish out tons of damage while being able to heal. I believe this is due to dog having high power regeneration while in dog form. Power regeneration in dog form needs to be cut out of PvP and the stun from its powers removed.
  17. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

IT DOES NOT MATTER. IT SHOULD NOT BE DOING THIS AT ALL. REGARDLESS OF CRIT OR NOT.

I did that to emphasis my point. The crap is broken. There is no way to justify that damage.
  18. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

did you miss point 3?
  19. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

Do you not get I don't give a crap? I emphasized my point because this happens more often than one would think. It's funny how many people agree with me and you just want to pick apart someone's post and start an argument. My points are valid and well found.

Just like you called someone bad if they get hit by handblast uppercut mastery and said its damage is basically fine. Like hell no. You cannot justify its damage. Brawling to 2H combos don't even do that much damage. Brawling is slow as hell. So there is no justification to that damage.
  20. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Yeah, a 66% crit chance when regular crits are like 13% inside of arenas happens more than one would think xD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.