A Guide to Everything Earth

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Clutch_GT, Jun 3, 2014.

1. L T Devoted Player

That's the correct order.

HL shield along with the manacle artifact that lowers the shield cool down is probably better for your Brick's health than Totem. Totem's Crowd control is sometimes useful.
    • Like x 2
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

How is defense calculated into damage mitigation?
  3. L T Devoted Player

It's a bit complicated, because it's CR dependent. DPS gear gives something like 20% mitigation, and then Defense scales in such a way that 100% more defense than the DPS gear results in you taking 50% of the damage.
    • Like x 1
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

They really had to complicate things didn’t they lol. I’m gonna have to check it out when I get home.

As earth 40% of dom gets converted to defense. Fire gets increased defense up to 50% added defense. Atomic gets a flat 90% defense buff. I forgot what ice defense buff does. I think it’s flat 60%, than they get an added amount from ice armor I think 25%. So ice gets 85%?. Not sure if rage has any defense buff.

For earth, is it even worth investing in dom? Currently I have 2 set ups for earth tanking.
    Crit chance maxed since crit healing doesn’t do anything for me. 100 into health, and rest in dom. With my sp I get my dom to around 200. My other set up is the opposite. Dom to 100 and rest to health. Since I get diminishing return for dom now I’m wondering if maxing dom is worth it.

What is everyone finding to be better?
  5. L T Devoted Player

I have to go back and see what my math was in the tank vs tank thread, but I remember Health being slightly better for Earth than Dom. I never went back and re-checked things with artifacts though.
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I knew I saw it somewhere just couldn’t remember where haha. Btw I have a kik group to help a few friends with loadouts and basic stats. I’m good at the how things works but never did the math behind it lol. If cool with you I’d like to post your thread in there. Would be great for the numbers part which I am not good at because of laziness lol
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And also, the health heavy build is my main build. I felt it was better just didn’t do the math lol
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

One more thing lol.... sorry for the back to back post. I think it should be easy to do the math on bricks health using eye of Gemini. I did a quick test in titans island against the robots by cyborgs lab. If I remember correctly he was getting healed for 3833 health per sec. I wasn’t paying to close attention asi was mainly testing how good he survived. I pulled 6 of the robots and seen how long he survived and how much health he healed wih his own power. When you give him fortify he uses his power to heal himself for 19k health. Often doing it 2x with each fortify.

And with my dps gear (don’t have elite tank gear yet) the healing aura you get from the elite D mods, he gets healed for 500 health. In dps stance my robot sidekick was getting healed for about 450 health. Since I switched to earth from nature after the robot sidekick test I added tank accessories. The healing aura might be based on resto. Since tank gear has more resto I think, it would explain the bigger heals to brick.
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Thanks for confirming. I added HLS because of the Manacles utility. Back when I using Low Pressure as my tank pull, Totem was useful but now that EG is a multi pull and stun, I miss Totem less.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So I am currently cr260. Brick summoned is cr159. Eye of Gemini heals him for 3195 per tick which is 3% of his max health. This means that at my cr if 160 brick (159 pet cr since they are 1 cr below you) has a max health of 106,500 health. I am 7 days away from getting my op collection. I will see what his max health is when we get get max cr. On Thursday I will be able to test a few more things about brick.

On my list to test is:
    Exactly how much health brick heals himself.
    How many ticks if self heal does he do with one power.
    How much power his self heal uses
    Does he cast a self heal with every fortify (chance of him using the self heal)
    Does the self heal from brick work off our resto or is it a set amount
    Does the elite mod we get for the D Mod work off resto or is it cr based/base amount
    Does fortify block transferred damage or just incoming damage
    Does bricks self heal crit

If anyone knows the answer to any or all of these it will cut down on my testing time lol. If not I’ll try to do as much as I can
  11. Brit Loyal Player

I have an intense hatred for powers that require (or react differently due to) multi-clicks after the application. I really strongly just want my powers to be my keyboard number row, and my mouseclicks to be weapon combos, with a dislike for most of the newer powersets because of that.

My question is, would it have a strong negative effect on an Earth Tank to swap out Gemstone Shield for Hard Light shield? I'm just starting out my first Tank, and I was hoping I could go the brick build for Earth to avoid doinking with all the aftershocks and stuff, but Gemstone Shield still seems to mess with routine.
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

Well, new stuff is always a good reason to leave your own comfort zone.

If you really don't want to, HL shield is basically okay, too. Depends on how you play and whether you want only one shield or two. Remember that even with Brick out you sometimes have to shield yourself from spike damage just to see Brick die anyways - leaving you without protection until you can summon him again.

As for Gemstone Shield, I'm not 100% certain of the strength, especially if you only aftershock twice. Back in the day, it was better to only have three gems instead of your. We would probably have to wait for L T who made the Tank guide...
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

EoG heals brick for 3238
    With 1 fortify golem brick can heal himself about 9-10 times (1 time at a time)
    He does have a higher chance of casting taunt moves instead of self heals if your health is low. These taunts can not rip aggro from you thou
    Each heal is about 18k - 19k (highest seen is 19,667
    Will cast it with every fortify used even when above 80% health
    Each self heal only uses a fraction of power given from fortify
    Fortify does not block transferee damage
    The self heal does not crit

My earth tank is only cr 256 so will have to check how brick does at higher cr. And the self heals from brick do not seem to scale of resto but I will have to test it further. I also could not properly the healing aura from the elite D mod
  14. AdrowMatrix New Player

I haven't played since before the revamp.
    Can I still use the precision based dps with a one hand weapon under say.. the hybrid tree ? Will I fall behind or "hurt" the team this way? Do I need to explore a might based loadout to keep up?

Thanks
  15. L T Devoted Player

You could probably use crystal and clip weapon combos with fortify golem and not do horrible.
  16. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

Any ideas for a long ranged dps loadout?

My Load out currently is debris field, heat vision(with the 160 solar artifact), upheavel, crystal, fortify golem, and entomb supercharge. My cr is 268 and sitting at 41817 base might. I'm hitting around 30-32 on 3 and 8 man targets. My Rotation is basically I hit fortify first for the slight might buff, set up my PI with debris, then heat vision to set up the burning dot, then upheavel until everything is off cool down and repeat.
  17. Noxus Guardian New Player

Could someone pls help me with Melee DPS Loudouts?
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Melee I go with DF, JH, Crystal, Fortify, Unstoppable and Entomb. Use JH until off cooldown, then restart as your get a big hit once you start. Clip Fortify with Unstoppable when off cooldown. Entomb is excellent with supply drop.
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

As Might DPS, I think that's about as good as you can get.
    • Like x 1
  20. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

Yea I was thinking that too lol. On some good crits I can reach 35-37k, but that's usually on the first parse where crystals power bar is full where she goes all out.
    • Like x 1