A Guide to Everything Earth

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Clutch_GT, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Maybe (haven't played the other powers). I'm saying Crystal's been nerfed, not jackhammer comparing now to yesterday (should have made that clear). Like I say tank is pretty darn good. Did Artifacts just now alongside a 200, 176 & the rest were in the tier zone. I DPS'd the ads, tanked the bosses, ended up with highest damage out overall. Took ~55 minutes. I maybe a couple healers survived the boss fights, but not sure, was busy.
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

You stinking earth people and your "viable jack hammer dpsing and actually relevant earthquake sc.. with no dependency on a pet at this point

Make me sick! :p
    • Like x 3
  3. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Damage across the board has been lowered. You now have to supplement crystals damage with powers and your weapon more. She won't be as dominant a percentage of your total damage as she once was.
  4. Lacedog Loyal Player

Saw you get on. Earth is fun dude.
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Those ugly shoulders for tanking will make it impossible for me to come back haha but my villain alt is earth so i can still get my earth fix on ... and hes uses the rock body skin so it wont be so ugly on him plus hes huge so it would look really good...

Its funny we traded in the ugly rock hands that made dpsing crappy looking for my aesthetic look im going for... and instead made my tanking look like crap for my character...besides i love atomic anyway so i wont be changing

But im happy earth is finally exactly how you dogi clutch baron and a few of the other earth guys who no longer are playing wanted it to be...who knew we just had to get rid of tunso to get it done... (we all knew that)... no offense tunso but its true...

I got on my earth villain last night and was so happy watching health bars melt
    • Like x 1
  6. Lacedog Loyal Player

I'm sure atomic is really fun too. Everything we always talked about wanting for earth, in some way, made it into atomic. I'd be interested in seeing how it plays now too.
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

What's funny is everything I wanted pre weapon mastery is finally available for earth now...

Earth tanking was fixed right for the weapon mastery era got fine tuned during its am Addition and now you don't have to block anymore ?? Literally exactly how I wanted to play earth. Pre weapon mastery earth tanks got zero respect and people who didn't know you wouldn't take a chance on you.

Earth dps now is exactly where I wanted it to be. I was tellin you last night being able to utilize shards and have it effective is awesome jack hammer dpsing also awesome. I suppose I do wish tectonic break seemed more viable but there are better options the using it but really it's not even a big deal.

Sad to say so late into the game has all this good stuff finally made available for earth. But better late then never
    • Like x 1
  8. Lacedog Loyal Player

It's true. I'm not going to ever come back and play like I used to. But it's nice to see they finally fixed a lot of problems.
  9. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

EARTH TANKING
    made two viable loadouts have ran them both through JFA(r) and US(r)
    PET TANKING
    Brick, Totem, ForitfyGolem, Gemstone shield, Hardlight shield, Earthen Grip

Keep fortified golem up at all times rotate between gemstone and hardlight shield you should never be without a shield for more than 6ish seconds used totem when fighting large groups of ads and bosses when in boss fights keep fortified golem up and totem up at all times and brick will never die. I know this loadout is unconventional with no group immunity.
    (im not a fan of pet tanking but this loadout felt extremely durable)

AFTERSHOCK TANKING
    Jackhammer, Gemstone shield, Epicenter, Hardlight shield, EarthenGrip, Soothing sands

this loadout is pretty striaght forward rotate between gemstone shield and hardlight shield and spam jackhammer

EARTH DPS
    Headmod Reinforce 3 ( used for the 2% crits)

MELEE
    DebrieField, Unstoppable, Reinforce, NeoVenom Boost, Jackhammer, Crystal

Have crystal out at all times she will regain power between fights and give you a good starting hit in each fight after which she will become a dot which requires no power. Clip debrieField with unstoppable and reinforce then spam jackhammer. When the situation calls for it you can clip debriefield, unstoppable, reinforce and neovenom all at once then spam jackhammer for amazing damage.

many people are putting fortified golem in there melee loadout but you lose damage per second when ever your not using jackhammer. foritied golem is not clippable so it does not work as fast as the clip between debriefield unstoppable and reinforce.

RANGED

Debriefield, Reinforce, fortified golem, EarthQuake, upheaval, crystal

Have crystal up at all times. Clip Debriefield and reinforced then use upheavel. Unlike jackhammer upheval is not spammable and has to be reapplied each time you have to reapply upheval you can hit fortified golem.
    • Like x 5
  10. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Leveled a new toon up to 30 & did the Complete a Solo/ Duo/ Alert. At CR 31 with 34sp I did the most damage in the alert next to a couple CR 40-somethings (1 was DPS, 1 tanked) and another CR 30-odd heal. And on my CR 200 tanking's been very effective, so very happy with where Earth is.
  11. Hanlower New Player

Reinforce is only for weapon crits..It has no place in pftt. I keep fortify golem in and throw it if I get knocked down and jh is on cool down.
  12. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

you should re-read the post and this time pay very close attention to detail
    REINFORCE 3 HEADMOD (USED FOR THE CRITS)You can get the reinforce 3 headmod off the broker or in the old time capsules
    When you use reinforced you get 2% crits there for increasing your crits from 26% to 28%
    If you had actually tested it you would know that it isnt just for weapon crits its also for crit ability attack chance

Next time test before you try to correct someone
    • Like x 4
  13. Lacedog Loyal Player

I think they were referring to the earth power reinforce, which is now only for weapon attacks.
  14. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

they shouldnt have quoted my post because i clearly stated that i use the headmod in pftt for the purpose of crits. Since it can be used that way for every power it just goes to show yes reinforce as well as other weapon buff are still viable in the play from the tray loadout so long as you have the head mod
    • Like x 2
  15. Hanlower New Player

He's right..reinforce is only suppose to be a weapon crit increase..not an ability crit increase. I pulled my reinforce 3 down from the broker in case I was wrong but the tooltip clearly says weapon crit. I'll hold on to my mod a little longer just in case. I still got better results using debris field clipped with unstoppable. I also keep fortify golem in, just in case I get knocked down at the start of my jackhammer. I can hit fortify if jh is on cooldown.
  16. xD25x Dedicated Player

The head mod is what gives the increase not reinforce.
  17. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

the increase only works if you pop the power reinforce with the headmod in
  18. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

+2% crit ability attack chance self for +12s
    +2% critical weapon attack chance self +12s

^It says both on the tooltip just for some reason the tooltip is glitch and there is an invisable area that says this i can provide you pics if you need them^

reinforce is not suppose to only be a weapon crit increase the mod itself stats grants 2% critical strike chance
    the tooltip says both ability and weapon attack crits
    it has been like this since the mod came out and all weapon buff head mods do this
  19. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

you can strike an enemy with either a weapon or a power thats why it says on the head mod strike chance
  20. xD25x Dedicated Player

Of course. I think people are thinking the actual crit bonus from the mod became a weapon bonus post revamp b3cause the power became a weapon bonus
    • Like x 1