A Guide to Everything Earth

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Clutch_GT, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Here2Help Devoted Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/need-help-with-earth-tanking.282545/

The above is a link to a recent thread asking for some help with Earth Tanking. I advise you read that and then either ask any remaining questions in that thread or in here.

There's also a lot of information on the front page of this thread. Some is outdated and not useful but a lot of it still releveant. You can also take a read of the last couple of pages of the this thread as it'll all be decently recent posts.
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Color me jealous on that dps update for eart now that ive quit dcuo and have no motivation to come back... it looks good and im glad it finally looks like a viable dps without some weapon gimmick while using. Jack hammer dpsing method... my "super strength" inspired build woulda been complete... hopefully you guys have fun with it... not sur why they messed with the tanking though it was a great tank as is.. hopefully stone skin ends up being better then turtle tank time...
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

what would be the best elite gen mods for D and C for tanks?
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

Type C - Rejuvenating Escape
    Type D - I like using Soul Link as it benefits my Pet Tanking and also my DD side when my Crystal is up. I also can use pet trinkets when Aftershocking to get the 2% damage transfer onto my trinket pet.
  5. Buddhahavoc New Player

So I have fall in love with earth my current is situng at 51 cr
    It's dps spec using dcuoblogs build. Thow i have an idea there is a better build.

I'm also about to change my 106 atomic tank tomorrow into an earth tank agian going to us the dcuoblogs build agian

My big things I'd like to know r.

1) better build for dps and tank then the blogs
    http://dcuobloguide.com/traits/powers/earth/

2) a good weapon combo for each. Atm my dps is duel pistol
    After changing tank it will be staff. What's a better plan as main weapon and 2ndary for both.

3) this is more a dps Q should I mix in 2-3 tank pieces to make it more tanky or some power heavy gear?

Ty for the help guys
  6. Here2Help Devoted Player

I haven't looked at the DCUOBG loadouts but the below are the loadouts I use.

DD:
    Rumblecrush - Reinforce - Debris Field - Totem - Summon Crystal - Fortify Golem

Aftershock Tank:
    Earthen Grip - Epicentre - Gemstone Shield - Jackhammer - Soothing Sands - Unstoppable

Pet Tank:
    Earthen Grip - Epicentre - Gemstone Shield - Totem - Summon Brick - Fortify Golem

For DD, I personally use Hand Blasters and use Solar Flame. Scissor Kick is also very viable with HB and One-Handed is another great option with Flip Slash. For Tanking, I personally use One-Handed. You can make anything work well with a Tank as long as you know how to counter well with that weapon.

There is no need to mix and match gear. As a DD, just focus on all of your DD gear and stats. For Earth, that means mainly focusing on Precision as most of your damage comes from your pet (which is based on your CR) and then your weapon (which is based on your Precision).
  7. Buddhahavoc New Player

Ty
    Now just when to mod. Keep Putin it off.

Is it best to mod say t3/4 for tank.
    T4/5 for dps
    Cause tank it means slot more to be top end of gear.

O ps. What's a few good dps specs.
  8. Here2Help Devoted Player

Wait till end-game to mod. There's no need to mod in tiers that are no longer at end-game. I gave a loadout in my post above for DD/DPS, and as I also said there, you want to focus on getting Precision.
  9. Lacedog Loyal Player

Anyone from test care to explain how aftershock tanking works now? I don't think there are any major changes, but I know absorption is gone.
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Rokyn tested it the most but I don't know if he did any testing right before the end. Gemstone Shield is going to be a must in your loadout. Since Unstoppable is no longer a breakout, you could run Hard Light Shield in it's place.
  11. Lacedog Loyal Player

I was more referring to the mechanic that is replacing absorption. How does aftershock tanking work now that absorption is gone?
  12. Lacedog Loyal Player

The update notes for today give a description for how ice, fire, and rage tanking now works. Nothing for earth and atomic.
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Aftershocks create a buff called Stone Skin. It is supposed to be a 50% buff of your defense. Dom still adds to your defense as well and I assume the Dom is added first, then Stone Skin is 50% of that score. The devs say it works better than 50% mitigation. However, your buff is deactivated while blocking, and the Fortified Blocking mod comes into play. There is also a Fortified Attack neck mod that is supposed to increase your defense while attacking. So, you only block to counter and gain immunity.
    • Like x 1
  14. Lacedog Loyal Player

That's what I was looking for. Thank you!
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE after years of suffering the time has come. JH is finally a viable DPS option. We have come a long way.
    • Like x 3
  16. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Only got to put in about half an hour before world down, but from what I saw Crystal's been super nerfed. 200 CR 265 SP couldn't make it through Iceberg Lounge. Tried two loadouts: Rumblecrush - Debris Field - Fortify Golem - Totem - Summon - Earthquake, then tried Jackhammer - Unstoppable - Debris Field - Fortify - Summon - Earthquake. Used trinkets, consumable buff. Got through Raising Hades partnered with a CR 176, using the 1st loadout, though got KO'd by Ixion once. I never run out of power, but cooldowns seem long to me.
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

What kind of play style are you using?
  18. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

35% def not 50 and it applies while not blocking stacks with your normal tank mitigation. Also not smart to use fortified blocking use the new tank mod I think it's called active tanking you get the huge def buff while not blocking. That stacks with stoneskin
  19. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Though I feel DPS has been significantly nerfed, I must say that I'm doing much better as an Earth tank now. Loadout Earthen Grip - Epicenter - Gemstone Shield - Jackhammer - Brick - Soothing Sands. In SJ only need a healer for last boss (the rest of the run the other 3 stayed DPS - all were cr 198). I even ended up #2 for damage out. So as unhappy as I am about DPS, I'm much happier about tank.
  20. HEALER35 Well-Known Player

You must be doing something wrong because earth's jack hammer is op now or glitched or something. Earth is the hardest hitting power in game right now.
    • Like x 1