A Guide to Everything Earth

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Clutch_GT, Jun 3, 2014.

1. evil keebler elf Well-Known Player

I could be wrong but im pretty sure any power that effects a player/pet has to have a LoS. Same goes when your trying to use a power on a boss/add.
  2. Deity Supremacy Well-Known Player

Maybe but didnt think fortify was for some reason lol.
  3. Rokyn Dedicated Player

So I have a small update/test discussion to Earth DPSing and possibly Sorcery (if any Sorcery guys happen to read this thread). I ran handful of "Live Tests" which are pretty spot on in terms of comparing rotations. What sparked me to redo my tests were due to some discussions I was having with Dogico and some other folks regarding certain rotations, weapon attacks, and even spec.

Let's start with Sorcery vs Earth. We were debating whether Earth should be Might/Prec balanced like the Sorcery guys do and it was brought up in the discussion that there were virtually very small differences between Earth and Sorcery which I agree with. Which is in fact true when you compare the powers. Here's Crystal damage at cr126 after GU51. In a pet AM scenario the burst powers and DoT powers are the same, Soul Well stacks, Weapon of Destiny gives free might ticks, and Grand Summoning is OP when another player gives both of their Furys power (lol seriously I kinda rage when I pop Vacuum Bubble and my Sorcery friends pass me). Reinforce gives a small precision boost and extra crit and Totem gives the extra crits when used on cast. Basically TLDR, they both work exactly the same in terms of the mechanics and small kinks.

So why would a Sorcery and Earth player want to spec differently? Well the answer is....you really shouldn't have to. I did 6 different tests between 2 different specs. Base numbers for the following weapon attacks are here. Precision specced Solar Flame (without WM), Scissor Kick (with WM), and Explosive Shot Mastery (WM) vs Might/Precision specced Solar Flame (without WM), Scissor Kick (with WM), and Explosive Shot Mastery (WM).

Precision Spec
    CR126
    Might: 8951
    Precision: 4887
    Melee Range
    3 Targets
    10 Second Parses (30 Samples)

Solar Flame Prec
    [IMG]

Scissor Kick Prec
    [IMG]

Explosive Shot Mastery Prec (HB) (I did a small kink on the last parse so I threw it out)
    [IMG]

Might/Prec Balanced Spec
    CR126
    Might: 9868
    Precision: 4345
    Melee Range
    3 Targets

Solar Flame Might/Prec
    [IMG]

Scissor Kick Might/Prec
    [IMG]

Explosive Shot Mastery Might/Prec (HB)
    [IMG]

Extra Parses
    CR126
    Might: 8951
    Precision: 4887
    Melee Range
    3 Targets

Shield Heavy Sidearm Throw Prec (Small kink at the end)
    [IMG]

Brawling Haymaker Prec
    [IMG]

Rotations

*Every rotation starts with Rumblecrush in order to get the PI and first two big hits from Crystal off and then Fortify is applied.

Solar Flame:
    #1 Fortify Golem>SF clipped by Debris Field/Reinforce>2x SF clipped by Rumblecrush>SF into
    #2 Fortify Golem>3x SF clipped by Rumblecrush>SF back to #1

Scissor Kick:
    #1 Fortify Golem>SK clipped by Debris Field/Reinforce>SK clipped by Rumblecrush>SK into
    #2 Fortify Golem>2x SK clipped by Rumblecrush>SK back to #1

Explosive Shot (HB):
    #1 Fortify Golem>Explosive Shot clipped by Debris Field/Reinforce>Explosive Shot into
    #2 Fortify Golem>Explosive Shot clipped by Rumblecrush>Explosive Shot back to #1

Shield:
    #1 Fortify Golem>Heavy Sidearm Throw clipped by Debris Field/Reinforce>Heavy Sidearm Throw into
    #2 Fortify Golem>Heavy Sidearm Throw clipped by Rumblecrush>Heavy Sidearm Throw back to #1

Brawling (Tap 3x into Hold, Hold):
    #1 Fortify Golem>Haymaker clipped by Debris Field/Reinforce>Haymaker into
    #2 Fortify Golem>Haymaker clipped by Rumblecrush>Haymaker back to #1

Damage Overall Percentages

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Crystal does 51.2% of the damage
    • You do the rest of the 48.8% damage
    • And 36.8% of the overall damage is from your weapon attacks
    • 10% of the overall damage comes from your powers
    • Meaning it doesn't matter which burst power you use. DoT power can vary though
    Conclusion

TL;DR.....Basically if you are a pet AM whether Sorcery or Earth, it is best to spec for precision. The amount of damage you register in the card and per second will determine which combo/weapon to use (ex: Solar Flame 4x is similar to Scissor Kick 3x similar to Explosive Shot 2x). Those three even out during boss fights and during adds Flame/Explosive Shot shine. Brawlers is overall best in any scenario if managed to be pulled off. But as said before, any weapon is viable as long as it's fitting inside Fortify's cooldown and if it hits hard. These are only a limited number of combos being demonstrated so feel free to experiment.

PS: It's annoying to go back to my old posts to find information....if only I could get permission to edit the first post and post all my stuff there to make it easy to spot for people.
    • Like x 2
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Did you post your Sorcery results somewhere?
  5. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Hey Black Jaq,

I haven't posted them yet in their guide but I got similar numbers to what I got here. By the end of the day I'll post the results.
  6. Elusian Crowd Control

Do a new thread. Copy the original stuff updated. Link to the original source. Keep it updated. I think its about time to do that ;)
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I think earth players get more damage out of prec builds because of the prec buff. I mod prec in blues and yellows, and prce/might in reds
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Prec seems more likely for earth.

I'm wondering if my loadout could be any better.
    I'm using Fortify, clipped with reinforce,
    Totem clipped with neo venom. and crystal.

While all those moves are on Cooldown I work with weapon combos.
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

NVB is overrated. I would bother with it. What's your other ability? You listed 5.
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Rokyn's Rockin' Earth Guide!
    • Like x 2
  11. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Yeah that's what my theory was and it came out to be exactly the same for both powersets. This may be due to how unbalanced weapons are compared to powers. Besides, these AMs were meant to be used with powers from the tray and weapon attacks. And it's not really a huge difference DPS wise +-1k between prec and prec/might parses so I wouldn't sacrifice someone for going for a balanced build.

I think I may need help from several members to do that. I'm not not an expert with the tanking in terms on intricate stats and details, I just know how it works fundamentally and I'm successful with it in end game content.

NVB won't make much of a difference. It will proc for extra might ticks but the cooldown is too long unfortunately to be useful.

Have you thought of starting off fights with Rumblecrush first to get the PI going and get 2 free big ticks from Crystal followed by 2 additional big ticks from Fortify? Also, you might want to look at Debris Field as an option as well since it's a complementary DoT for high health enemies and basically free damage (+-1k difference for parses).

Neat name. Though I never imagined making a guide before; I always been a contributor to the HL and Earth guides. I always wanted Dogico to be the one to make it since he has superior writing skills and the tanking experience.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I have used that, it was before I read that crystal gets the same damage output if you just power her up.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/pc-test-server-hotfix-april-29-2015.250781/

Question would be though, wouldn't that better for raids?
    I tried the following loadout in solos and duos:
    Rumble crush fortify, Debris field clipped with reinforce, and striking stones or totem.

And half the time I'm out of power, and resort to spamming weapon combos until I get enough to cast fortify.

1) Yes I'm casting fortify after rumblecrush, then after I activate fortify- I instantly clip debris with reinforce.
    2) I also make use of weapon combos(that's a must really for any earth user)

I eventually looked at earths am, and found out that I can only use two powers during fortify's cooldown-otherwise my power regen gets switched off.

That's why I prefer my other loadout at least when it comes to solo and duo content.

I'll probably look into Debris field, NVB doesn't really seem to effect my damage that much.
    Thanks for the tips in advance!
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

I usually clip my lunge with RC, as I start a fight. I perform a couple weapon combos, then hit FG. To hit it before Crystal gets her first two shots off is a waste. In longer fights, I'll follow RC with DF clipped by Reinforce. Great thing about Earth is, when power is at a premium, you can just fall back to weapon combos and FG. Sure, you lose a bit of damage potential, but it will still be stout. When there's a troller, I clip all my combos with RC or another ability. That really gives you max potential.
  14. Xibo Loyal Player

Could you also test with Arrow Storm non-WM?
  15. Absolix Loyal Player

In Tunso's testing tips Arrow Storm is listed as broken and is currently the bast combo because of whatever is making it broken, so testers typically stay away from that combo.

Also if you unlock WM for Bow, Arrow Storm is not weakened like Explosive Shot is and you get the increased weapon crit damage.
  16. Deity Supremacy Well-Known Player

Ok there one thing I'm not to entirely clear on. When people say no wm unlocked, is that when you don't unlock the wm at the top right corner or a wm combo?
  17. Veritech Loyal Player

Correct.
    Certain combos do more damage without wm unlocked (eg hb solar flame).
  18. Absolix Loyal Player

It is the trait in the top right corner.

Unlocking it for the weapon you currently have equipped increases you CC resistance slightly, increases the weapon crit damage bonus from your weapon to +20%, and decreases the damage of combos that are both hold inputs, with very few exceptions like HB's Solar Flame, and the second to last portion of WM combos.
  19. Here2Help Devoted Player

Brick Tanking LO:

Earthen Grip/Stone
    Epicentre
    Soothing Sands/Totem
    Gemstone Shield
    Summon Brick
    Fortify Golem
  20. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Thank you. That's pretty much what I have, except for Soothing Sands. Maybe that's what's missing.