A few words for SPytle

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IIIIINASTYIIIII, Mar 11, 2014.

1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

No, you're misunderstanding.

Providing an alternative that didn't require you to complete origin crisis is good.

But having a raid that really felt scaled to CR 86, when we had IL 86 gear(full set modded puts you at like 97+CR) on a vendor already available for months.

It introduced new vendor purchased 90 gear.

None of that gearing process is needed for these raids.

It shouldn't have expected people to be traces geared, but it should have expected at least trigon gear modded with synthetics. If not more considering there was a vendor set of 90 gear that serves no real purpose other than fill ins and a feat because you gear faster in the raid than you do earning that gear.

It should have built upon the rest of t5, not ignored it and acted like it was a fresh start.

It is casual, there's less than a single night's worth of rewarding raiding. You easily get everything you want with pretty casual play. But see, when I started playing this game the devs kept saying "this is a skill based game" to me that means there should be a scaling difficulty so people can test their skills, and where those skills matter. That's not very present anymore as the skilled players are making the game look like a joke.

So fi you wnt to use that analogy lets fix it up. It's more like I walked in and the sign showed a big 1/2 pound burger. It becomes my favorite restaurant, then suddenly they take the 1/2 pound burger off the menu and only have kids meals.
    • Like x 1
  2. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

My complaint with the raids is how they were released...Maybe AnB wouldnt have been so unbearably easy if it had launched with T5, but it wasnt...The raids started out hard and only regressed from there and as you get geared up they only got worse

For the next tier I want to see the raids released, in terms of difficulty, as: Hard/Easy (large DLC) - Medium (small) - Medium/Hard (large)

For reference, I consider an Easy raid to be Gates/Outer, Medium to be FOS 1/BC3, Hard to be FOS 2/Inner/Dox

Give us something to work for through the tier (the hard raid) while also giving us an easier raid for players to get geared in...Then dont tone down the raids during the tier like they did with this one
    • Like x 3
  3. TrueOlympus New Player

Here is where your analogy is wrong and biased AND offensive.
    1. You mentioned a sign stating something. That sign is an analogy for Marketing. That would mean that this game was marketed as a Hardcore game, for the skilled and elite. Its not. And was never marketed as such.
    2. If they took out what was originally marketed for the game, according to your analogy that means they took out hard content. Your wrong because this game was primarily marketed as a DC universe MMORPG.
    3. You compared content that casual gamers preferred to kids meals. This is biased and insulting. It implies that you feel hard content is the adult meal(which generally tastes better).

Comparatively to alot of MMOs DCUO doesn't require a significant amount of skill. Your playing the wrong game, if you have expectations that is should be harder.
  4. TrueOlympus New Player

They've stated they screwed up the order quite a few times. I agree, Origin Crisis should have been the one to end T5 imo. And according to the new plan, that;s how it might be from here on out
  5. Lacedog Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  6. lackofinterest Well-Known Player

Threads like these are why I still read the forums nearly two months after quitting the game. Pseudo-intellectual @sshats who shall not be named losing their minds and getting "OMG SO OFFENDED" over a mediocre(nowadays)video game.o_O
  7. osupokes1613 New Player

Please don't screw up the game by messing with the fighting mechanics AGAIN!! We want new content. That's what it boils down to. Every month or two content. PLEASE.

Paying member for three years here.

My 20 member league of all legendary players for three years is concerned as well.
    • Like x 1
  8. Drakonicus New Player

I much i am willing to pay ? Personaly ? Nothing. If something like this was even anounced, i was just cancel my sub and move on to another game. Its my personal opinion that, when i pay for a sub on a mmo, i am paying to have full access the game. So a expansion would mean one of two things: Pay around $60 on the top of the $180 i already do, or dont, and dont have access to content on the game.
  9. Sora Prince New Player

Not to go off-topic from this thread, but they do plan to have DCU on PS4. I don't know why you corrected me when I said Ps3 and PC.
  10. Irmensul Well-Known Player

Well It was a whining post so I called it how I saw it,there was no validity to it the games larger than it's ever been,with something for everybody.
    I always get insulted if I write sincerely on here -everything I say I get some one criticising it,so why should I not speak my mind too?
    Sorry if that irks you dear fellow dcuo player,I just didnt think it was something to merit bothering Spytle with,that he'd be like 'wow how did we miss that'..
    I don't think theres a huge concern with the lack of content & replay potential & I play every day since launch (with a large part of 2013 off true).If that is the case just roll another toon.
    I didnt agree with the other points either.
  11. Chicago Bull New Player

I can't even fathom..how you can even type? I'm sorry...but you sincerely are one of the most...ignorant people ever.

Response: I have DCUO on the PS4, hence if you look on my sig.
    And you stated Ps3/Xbox.
  12. Grid Ion Committed Player

Man your sig always cracks me up :D
    • Like x 1
  13. lukelucky Devoted Player

ok i am confused. if u took most of last year off HOW CAN U UNDERSTAND HOW BAD LAST YEAR WAS? when we voice our displeasure over things u can't relate 2 due to u NOT playing how can u take a shot at us. A whining post? characters just like u are why i want a place day 1 players & year 1 players can voice thier opinionu said u disagree with my points which is fair but i tell u ill happily debate any points. i understand how u get criticism. if u were here all of last year maybe u could understand. also how when u have no clue can u say people are whining? also roll out another toon. got 4 & after 10 sets of armor U WERE NOT HERE 4 i cant keep up moding. 10 sets of armor WTF was that. bud ill debate any points but have a clue b4 u insult people points
  14. WayneEnthusiast New Player

This ^. I'd love to see Gotham Diamond District unbottled, Daily Planet, and Bludhaven pre-chemo. 40$ extra sounds reasonable to me. Make it happen devs, although if the current plan of 6 raids is implemented this year, I'm thrilled for that as well.
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

DCUO has been on PS4 since november, where have you been?
  16. Cadens Dedicated Player

I would pay for it, you bet your ****. 6 Raids over the course of a year is a joke no offense. At most, we will be able to run 1-2 of them at the same time. By the time the 6th raid comes out, the previous 5 will already be a useless waste of time. This is the issue you are not seeing. We have lots and lots of bat cave, FOS, wonder woman, raids etc, and not a single reason to run them. We cannot increase the difficulty of said raids for increased drop potential, we can only run them for marks of triumph. How about a different mentality?

How about the wonder woman T6 raid, REQUIRES you to beat gates, to open up that valley in the first room? The the battle for earth DLC will come WITH DLC 10 or allow you to Q into the newer, harder gates, without the DLC, since it would be required to do so. Running the new raid would make gates far more difficult, and upon defeating brainiac, the valley would open up? I think everyone wonders what is down that valley, let us find out?

How about having specific drops fall ONLY in the FOS/ Batcave raids, which would be required to mod T6 gear? You would Q into these raids on a difficult setting, and need a full raid party to complete them. After defeating the final boss of these raids, a component would drop for you, which is needed to mod T6. Possibly even a new boss would spawn, that you needed to defeat, instead of the typical end room bosses of those particular raids. How about new epic type drops from these raids also when run on difficult?

Yes its a rehash of the old content, but as of right now, that old content is a ghost town and consumes majority of the game's content. There is absolutely no reason to run the old stuff, some of which was pretty darn fun. We are currently in an endless loop of having 1 raid, and 2 alerts to run on a main, and alts. So 6 raids over the course of a year is not much at all. Having more alts run the content over and over again, is not adding any content to the game.

For example, ESO is releasing with OVER 15 raids, all of which can be run at veteran status I believe, making them playable forever. Thats 15 different options to do whenever I log in, on ANY day on the game's release day. Im not even going to mention the open world bosses/raids... This game? Once I beat the current max level raid, I need to pay to reset it, or simply wait a week. This model is very draining, and would ONLY work, if there were multiple high level raids to run, and worth running. If I could log in and have ALL of the raids available to actually run and get loot that I need, there would be something to do all the time, and I wouldn't be repeating content on a daily basis, but on a weekly one. ESO is also on a 4-6 week DLC schedule, and 1 major expansion pack per year.

No one forced anyone to use replay badges, but putting them in the game with the expectation that people wouldn't race through gear with them, is a notion that is laughable at best (not from you, from another poster). However, having to replay raids just to have content to run so there is a reason to log in, is ridiculous. I want content I can run with a raid group, without having to spend money. Alerts are too easy, and too boring to keep interest.

I think making ALL of the game's raids viable again is a good route to take. You don't have to create NEW raids to do so, and it opens the door for a lot more things to do on a weekly cycle, instead of having to constantly pay for everything. Instead of small content DLCs all year, every year....How about that major expansion pack? ESO has more content on release, than DCUO has in 3 years. I would like to be able to play both, but at the current rate, there is no reason to log in more than 1 time per week.

I am not making these threads to knock DCUO or the Devs. I am simply giving my opinion on this game's SERIOUS problems, and hoping something changes in the near future.
    • Like x 1
  17. Deranya Dedicated Player

You are forgetting though that ESO is going to be a game with a membership must. DCUO is F2P, meaning that even though many go Legendary or buy the DLC's the money that comes in isn't enough to go to a range as ESO will. Theres a huge difference. You could have gone and compared DC to WoW, same thing. Don't compare apples with peaches.
    I played ESO in Beta and will again this weekend, but already in that the numbers of players are higher than on DCUO, reasons are clear for that.
  18. Cadens Dedicated Player

You do know that this game started out requiring a payment right? ESO at release is 20 times larger, and DCUO still isn't caught up.
  19. Cadens Dedicated Player

Also, with the amount of replays they sell, trust me, this game is also pay to play... In fact, most people probably pay MORE for the F2P, than they do for a monthly statement.
  20. Deranya Dedicated Player

I do know, but you are still comparing two different things. ESO is on a different level, they got the previous singleplayer games that advertised it, especially with Skyrim, you have people going nuts just for the fact that you can now play it with your whole family if you wish to. There is a much bigger hype going for it, they can show a few screenshots and a few comments and you have more players go nuts about that than when a new DLC in DCUO is announced. Different levels, they shouldn't be compared.