A few words for SPytle

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IIIIINASTYIIIII, Mar 11, 2014.

1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Umm, you're wrong.

Sure I have access to test, sure I got on there and tested, tested everything but the stuff you need groups for, becuase that's a pain on test, esp when everyone wanted to play tank/dps with the new powers, plus the lack of correct mods and all that junk make for a weird situation.

So I didn't do AnB once on test server. Neither did anyone in my league.

My first win was 20 mins, that was the rest of my league's second time through as they had done one in about the same time right before I logged on.

So yeah... AnB was that easy, maybe not for you, but for some of us out there, it was just a cakewalk. No how to videos, no prior knowledge of the raid, just in smash, grab the loot.

That being said AnB was designed for MUCH less gear than what was available at the time of release, so we walked in being overgeared, which surely doesn't help, but that's a failure on the dev team for not making content progress, instead giving us an overlap of what we already had.
    • Like x 3
  2. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

6 raids per year!!?!?!?!?! WOWSA how things have changed in the last couple week. We were looking at 1-2 a year when WoTL1 released.

"4 mans are more popular" to this?!? Sweet. Crazy how much things can change in just a couple weeks.
    • Like x 3
  3. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

We won!

Crazy how much different my outlook on the game went in a month
  4. RogerBlack Committed Player

During that 20 minutes..... ummm... How many times did you wipe while fighting Sinestro in the last room?

You mean to tell me... your entire group walked right in... but everyone 'held their fire' with a boss standing right in front of them.... and just let the tank fight him alone... and implicitly knew to destroy the tubes BEFORE attacking Sinestro ... plus knew how to control those Manhunters.... during that FIRST 20 minute run?

Or did you figure that all out after wiping JUST ONCE?

So ABSOLUTELY NOBODY in your group knew the mechanics of the last boss fight... BEFOREHAND?

You fought Sinestro, Henshaw, plus the Manhunters... with all the lasers in the room shooting at you at the same time... and just SMASHED right through it, huh?

And you were able to figure out HOW to clear Ranx & Metropolis, plus get through the entire maze with the proper lineup (both inside and outside the maze)... all before defeating Sinestro in just 20 minutes, huh?

Sure you did.
    • Like x 2
  5. SKAVANGER408 New Player

you don't have to destroy the tubes bro.
    • Like x 1
  6. Eranthis New Player

LEAVE SPYTLE AND MEPPS ALONE !
    [IMG]
  7. Magnificent Loyal Player

Not only that but the first fight in Gates had buggy pathing that would stop the Cyclopes from making their way to the barrier.

No one got a speed feat on Prime for quite a while*, heck it was months before anyone got the feats for leaving the generators up or taking all 3 sub-bosses down before they transitioned out*. (*=without glitching)
    • Like x 1
  8. RogerBlack Committed Player

But you DO have to know to 'hold your fire'.... while the tank fights Sinestro.

Like I said... my guess was that he fought Sinestro, Henshaw, plus the Manhunters... with all the lasers in the room shooting at him at the same time... and just SMASHED right through it.
  9. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

0 wipes, few deaths though. We destroyed the crystals initially, but later found out you don't need to, just dodge the lasers (sticking close to where crystals spawn basicaly has you doing that without moving). It's really nothing new, if an object appears in the middle of a fight, you kill it, learned that back in Inner, saw it again in PW too.

We had heard 2 things, CC manhunters, and to split your force for the maze. We were told the blue lanterns (villain) were CCable and to have a troller do that. And we were told that you had to prevent crystals being destroyed outside the maze while you go through.

So yeah with just that info we were able to get it one shot, no wipes, silly easy raid.

Had we not known those 2 things, sure might have taken us 30 mins...:rolleyes:
  10. SKAVANGER408 New Player

What don't YOU understand from my post and that raid? Why would you have to wait when your not destroying the tubes? BTW anytime the trolls hit the man hunters they get stunned. So any good payer would see that and build off of that.

Seems to me you should practice a bit more at this game. This raid is nothing like Dox/Nexus when it first came out.
    • Like x 3
  11. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Pretty much yup. We initially swapped to the crystals for the first like 2-3 days till someone said to stop and just burn and avoid em.
  12. Davon (Crisis Core) Well-Known Player

This is just an example, yes you can already argue, "Well they didn't beat the raid now did they?" That's not the point of what I'm about to say. You know that nifty video you linked a couple pages back? Showing Odyssey on FNL trying out Nexus for the first time? That video is a great demonstration that some players pick up on things faster than others. That was their first time in the raid, if you watch the video, you'll see Spytle kinda tease them for hesitating and not jumping in to fight Lex Luthor. Spytle's face quickly changed and then he gave them respect when the guy talking replied and told them that they were watching lex's movements, because they feel as though its significant to the fight. Again, watch the video you yourself linked, and you'll see Spytle's reaction to the effect of, "Wow, they figured it out that fast, their first time here, and live on FNL."

Now go ahead with the talk about how they didn't beat Nexus, etc etc. But the point I'm making is that some people, (Not just Odyssey) can walk into a raid for the first time and pick up on mechanics and what needs to be done. So why can't you believe that JEEBIE's people were able to do it when you yourself linked a video showing another group going in for the first time and instantly spotting the mechanic they needed to win?
    • Like x 1
  13. RogerBlack Committed Player

The video is over 2 HOURS LONG. And they never beat it.
    Where is the Speed Feat? Where are they beating the raid in record time?

And what part of 'getting the speed feat' on Day 1... supports anything you just typed?

The discussion was about... getting speed feats on Day 1... not about 'picking up on certain mechanics of a boss fight'.
    There's a BIG DIFFERENCE between between learning how 1 or 2 boss fights work... and beating an entire raid... on Day 1.

I do not disagree with you, btw.
    I TOATLLY agree that some gamers learn stuff faster than others.

But I never debated that.
    I debated about beating raids in record time & getting speed feats... on Day 1.

This is not a slight towards the Oddysee League, btw.
    I think they are awesome.

Just so that nobody misconstrues my words as a diss.
  14. RogerBlack Committed Player

The guy already admitted he had some IMPORTANT information / advice on how to beat the raid.... beforehand.. before you even typed this.

Scroll up, if you missed it.
  15. TrueOlympus New Player

You being selfish right there. AnB was designed to be an ALTERNATIVE to Origin Crisis Raids. Origin Crisis was pure unadulterated fail in regards to everything significant in this game. It only stroked the egos or peaked the interests of hardcore gamers. But casual gamers were all but excluded from the content. SoT didn't have any raids. So the only DLC to give casual gamers some bread was WoTL

What YOU are saying is that they should have released 3 hard raids for t5? Dox is only easy now because we over gear it, but the only nerf it received was the health of bosses. I think if players want to skip the cesspool called Origin Crisis they should be able to and t5 DLC that gives them a somewhat easy raid to accomplish that.

You got 2 raids, that when they were introduced were very difficult. So you really gonna complain that a somewhat easy raid was introduced? It wasn't for you. You got your raids. now that they are easy I suggest you take a break and come back when t6 raids are introduced. Its not a "fault" of the Devs if it was intended. Not everything is for you man. The game was DESIGNED to be casual.

You complaining about everything being too easy is the same thing as going into a burger joint and complaining there are too many hamburgers
    • Like x 1
  16. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Our progression on AnB simply consisted of splitting up the team for the first part hitting both rooms getting canisters down faster.

Then changing our splits on metro/Mogo parts, initially was Healer metro, tank mogo, but we swapped that when we realized Ice tanks make the metro side look like a joke. Initially we just zerg rushed the canisters on metro side, lots of death but it got done reletively quickly. But then our ice tank learned to do it SUPER fast.

Ohh and did I mention we split from day 1 like intended? lol.

Then the final tweak was to stop worrying about crystals on the last fight and just burn.

We had it down to under 15 mins regularly, that initial cutscene is so long though! like an extra min on vill side vs hero side.
  17. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Wasn't even talking about him.

Saying in general.
  18. Davon (Crisis Core) Well-Known Player

Not that I matter lol but I didn't see that as a diss to Odyssey, nevertheless, that quote and reply was what you said to Jeebie and his claim of clearing AnB first time in and in 20mins. So what I typed was completely relevant because I quoted you questioning if it was his groups first time in, and no one knowing the mechanics.

What I quoted was your words exactly, i.e

RogerBlack said:
    “So ABSOLUTELY NOBODY in your group knew the mechanics of the last boss fight... BEFOREHAND?
    Sure you did.”

Hence my reply was concerning mechanics and giving an example with the Odyssey video that you linked, that people can go in first time and learn mechanics.
  19. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

LOL, if that's enough for it to invalidate a <20 min first run... what's your point?

Fact is AnB got done with 4 people before it even officially released!

The raid was perhaps the easiest we have ever seen upon release.

I'm not sure how logging in late and hearing 2 details invalidates the fact that we were farming it in under 20 mins a run the first night.
  20. lukelucky Devoted Player

as a day one guy that you are thanks for your input .glad you see my point and fyi i know S.O.E. doesnt care one bit about a customer. the change in direction and how its no longer about keeping people subbed up for life is what i am saying is indeed the problem. well also there is the fact that that the powers that be make collasal mistakes such as t4 operations. you did cc bounties so you knew if more than one raid group attacked a boss freezing was a real good possability. real good. so to design t4 operations was well a giant fail waiting to happen.
    i mean when you offer product like that and when you are offering a product with the ps3 holding it down customer service is where you offset this stuff. profits from a few recent decisions like base ammenaties for sale soon and armories not being legendary. t5 comeing out set up so the guy who spends the most can finish first all are getting a lot of overall bad press. its leaving people terribly unhappy. me to the point i keep up with x box hopeing they come out with a fight style mmo like this. superheroes well i dont care about the dcuo aspect of the game tbh. back to the way they have generated profit recently.
    this is at the expense of the customer and bud any way you cut it that is simply bad buisness. BAD. if we cant get the colletions for the base items thats because of dcuo and dcuo only. the drop rates have been slowed way down to promote sale. the constant power buffs and ners hopeing to get people to switch powers. they do a million little schemey slimey things instead of putting out the best product they can and appreciating the customer. if legendary is not selling enough make the package better.
    lastly i think a step in the right direction would indeed be a place where day one and year one guys impot can be heard and considered. i think the ideal customer is a long time legendary guy and that would always be my goal. hey i believe in ethical profits though so...... hey bud thanks again for a day one gamers view. always nice to hear from you originals