A few questions I'm hoping a Dev can answer

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zpred, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Zpred Dedicated Player

Il try an be as short an clear as possible.

1. Mental- Grandeur, why was the mobility removed from the power? If it was to be inline with distract for gadgets and the new update, it's actually a little slower, if it's a bug and wasn't intended then ok, if not can you please consider reverting it back to its mobility please, an distract could do the same too, this tool was a great essential for getting out of those tight moments and pick ups.

2. Grounding affects, I understand why these were implemented in raids to stop exploits etc, however why does grounding effects stop my am (mainly channel, artic gust, light blast etc)? If my feet are on the ground and I'm doing my am it shouldn't stop my am/rotation, I can understand if I was in the air or jumping around, but my feet are on the ground, just doesn't make sense to me.

3. Last one, ice elemental in dps role, now being on eups all you see is ice dps 80% of the time, I don't have a problem with their game their money play how they want, but this sc got me curious as I keep seeing it all the time, so I logged my ice toon n tested it how others are using It.

I don't know if it's bugged or intended, but basicly you activate ice elemental then return to normal as fast as possible, however you still get all the affects from the sc (even while not in the form), and it drastically buffs your am dmg (gust/Avalanche) for a huge 30 seconds, if this is intended then wow, what an awesome sc, by far the best dps sc ingame when you combine it with the way ice am works, if it's a bug then I understand, the down fall to this sc is sometimes it will draw aggro when used, even draws it away from the tank.

Any Dev response on these matters would be appreciated.
  2. HELLLLLLPPME Well-Known Player

"
    A few questions I'm hoping a Dev can answer"

where are the questions ?
    • Like x 2
  3. Zpred Dedicated Player

Lol, ok

Why was grandeur mobility removed?

Why does grounding affects stop am/rotations when already on the ground?

Is ice elemental bugged due to the reasons I posted above?

I mean you can see I'm asking questions as to why and is if you read the whole thing.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

1. Mental- Grandeur, why was the mobility removed from the power? If it was to be inline with distract for gadgets and the new update, it's actually a little slower, if it's a bug and wasn't intended then ok, if not can you please consider reverting it back to its mobility please, an distract could do the same too, this tool was a great essential for getting out of those tight moments and pick ups.

2. Grounding affects, I understand why these were implemented in raids to stop exploits etc, however why does grounding effects stop my am (mainly channel, artic gust, light blast etc)? If my feet are on the ground and I'm doing my am it shouldn't stop my am/rotation, I can understand if I was in the air or jumping around, but my feet are on the ground, just doesn't make sense to me.

3. Last one, ice elemental in dps role, now being on eups all you see is ice dps 80% of the time, I don't have a problem with their game their money play how they want, but this sc got me curious as I keep seeing it all the time, so I logged my ice toon n tested it how others are using It.

I don't know if it's bugged or intended, but basicly you activate ice elemental then return to normal as fast as possible, however you still get all the affects from the sc (even while not in the form), and it drastically buffs your am dmg (gust/Avalanche) for a huge 30 seconds, if this is intended then wow, what an awesome sc, by far the best dps sc ingame when you combine it with the way ice am works, if it's a bug then I understand, the down fall to this sc is sometimes it will draw aggro when used, even draws it away from the tank.

3rd one is more of a statement but is implied is it intended for Ice SC to be exploited like the OP described.
    • Like x 1
  5. Zpred Dedicated Player

Thank you
    • Like x 1
  6. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

Now I just tested the Ice on and they need to get on that one....lol I even bought two power tokens to change my powers to Ice and test it and changed it back to Atomic. But yeah I was getting the benefits of that SC while not in that form which should be a no,no...
  7. Zpred Dedicated Player

Yea it's crazy, I mean if it was intended then ok, but for 30 seconds too, it just didn't make sense to me, it maybe would of made more sense if you stay in the form but even so, this supercharge makes the release day beserk for rage an any other sc look tiny the way it's performing lol.

Surely can't be intended, but hope the devs chime in an give a response to this and the other questions.
  8. GI Jessie Well-Known Player

Gotta love Ice Elemental :)
  9. GI Jessie Well-Known Player

BTW its no where near 30 seconds
  10. Zpred Dedicated Player

Really could of sworn it said 30 seconds in active affects, and the damage was going along time when testing.

Il see if I can get a video up to show this in action.
  11. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

When I tested it it was between 20-30 sec. It doesn't say on the description that it last that long but. I got that around those times. Well i can't test it now since I repect and i'm not going to spend $40 testing this day lol.
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It is around 30 secs.
  13. GI Jessie Well-Known Player

The numbers after 10 seconds reduce significantly compared to the first few seconds this is active.
  14. Zpred Dedicated Player

Ok so I managed to get a little quick vid of my wife doing this in action, please excuse the quality we don't usually upload vids so complete newbs to doing vids etc, it's usually other league members they do it.

This was to show what it does, couldn't get the timing of how long it's lasts, the 1st time shows it a bit better where the 2nd time there was time wasted showing active effects etc, plus could of been but quicker with the clipping part lol
  15. Zpred Dedicated Player

16. GI Jessie Well-Known Player

Watching that i timed it and does seem to go for near 30 seconds. Lol when your actually doing it it seems so short lol. Ice has the quickest rotation for getting to max power though so you see the big numbers faster than most powers. Most powers you dont see the big numbers til the 2nd rotation.
  17. Zpred Dedicated Player

Mepps? Loche? Tunso? Sj?
  18. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

My 2 cents on the ice question. I don't know if it's intended or not, but it's been that way for months now, and it's why ice has been seen as the most op power by many. For a couple months now, I've considered Ice Elemental one of the top 3 damage super charges in the game. Up there with grand summoning and biggun once you know how to use it. Again, whether it's intended or not I cannot say, but it's one of the reasons many claim ice is broken.
  19. Caseyyeah Committed Player

I totally feel you on the grounding effects.
    I have never liked parts of the game where you enter a fight/room/area/entire instance and you cannot use your movement mode. I'm not talking about times when bosses ground you temporarily but rather when you have to go through the entire fight or sometimes through a large portion of an instance grounded.

It is very un-fun. I'm a freaking super hero, let me fly/run/flip around during battle!

My most recent annoyance is the Wasteland Wonderland where the flying eyes ground you throughout the most instance.

If I could change any part of the game (Except for the bottled buildings being everywhere. See my sig) it would be to have them design content that allowed our movement modes to be used in combat and not constantly grounding us.