A few opinions about the previous Raids and Alerts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Miss Martian, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Hi dear community of DCUO.
    I had some presonal thoughts about the previous Raids and alerts. Just wanted to know yours.
    • In the last episodes that have been released, there is something that I'm sad of, mostly in the Tier 9 and the last Tier 8's. I personally think PvE has been a bit boring during the time, in other words , there PvE content has turned way harder, specially for raids and alerts. To be frank, I feel the Mobs and Bosses just have got a huge upgrade at their health, And the number of Mobs has been increased deeply, For example, Since Earth 3, I've noticed that we are just paying a lot of time attacking bosses in the instance, in the past as I remember in some episodes like Amazon Fury part 3, in God of Monsters raid, we had so many bosses with less Mobs, for example we had 2 cyclops, 5 God of Monsters and the Typhon with less health. I don't know maybe it is persoanl and I should get used to the new router, but recall that we used to enjoy the Alerts and Raids more, We had different types of bosses, but their health wasn't like something that we pay about 20 minutes or more for just one boss like Corum Rath, I mean we know that is a Boss but that is not supposed to be like that strong, that's kinda weird, If that was an Anti-Manitor or Starman or Superman, that was okay to have a very long health, But these previous guys like Corum and Hive Master were annoying, Even Athena and Zeus hadn't been that hard to defeat, in the past as I said we'd had various types of bosses and mobs but the only point wasn't killing them, we had other possibilities and targets during the fight, Like not dying on the Lavas when fighting the Cyclops, Or we had collections in the raids, and hidden places. Totally the only point wasn't killing the enemies, At the moment even the event version of them are nasty then, So . . . , I again mention it's a personal opinion but I nowadays I feel like I'm only pressing keys and seeing some lights on the screen not playing the missions.
    • Have you ever asked yourself why these mad men are just so huge, started since Owlmam in that alert, and since then most of them (+Hive Master) are looking so huge in the raids and missions. It might be cause of the population of the mission, but I guess there's enough place for everyone and for seeing the enemy, shouldn't need to capitalize it out of natural form.
    I apologise deeply if I'm wrong, fix me with your ideas. :)
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well Corum Rath is that tough and that big because he’s channeling some pretty hardcore dark magic. In fact, I could be imagining it but I think he actually gets a little bigger every time a new artifact is activated, he’s certainly bigger during the last boss fight than he is in the cutscenes in the throne room. It seems in DCUO that powerful magic makes you bigger, the greek gods are ENORMOUS and you definitely see Hades grow as he regains his powers over the course of the fight with Ixion in that duo.

Owlman has NO excuse though, that was just bizarre.
    • Like x 1
  3. codyxrhstou Well-Known Player

Does it take you 20 minutes to defeat Corum in the event version aswell?
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

We've always had large mobs in raids and huge bosses the difference between DCUO content then and DCUO content now is that the new content can't immediately be 1-2-3-4 Rofl-stomped like it did with CR differential and the AM's.

To me, that's something that's def been noticeable, people can't burn so easily since they are either lacking in SP or don't have an easy play from the tray loadout, so the content actually feels pretty durable now.

You mentioned Amazon Fury Part 3, sorry, but Amazon Fury Part 3 was indeed apart of the AM era; so people were burning it really quickly due to cr differential and AM's. If you run that raid now post stats-revamp, that raid will feel probably just as lengthy as Atlantis does now. And that's because the mechanics can't be completely burned clean through like it used to.
    • Like x 3
  5. Brit Loyal Player

I'm confused. Are you trying to say that challenging content bores you, but things that are steamrollingly easy are somehow more exciting?
    • Like x 2
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You got a problem with that? :p
  7. Brit Loyal Player

Nope. No problems. Just confusion. Most of the "bored" comments I hear seem to piggyback on "need new content" or "need more challenges". I can't say as I've ever heard someone say they were bored because there was too much new content coming out, and it was too challenging, leaving them plenty of new things to work on.

To each his own, I guess.
    • Like x 1
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

what is disturbing to me is that i can't handle that many adds with my fire tank.
    guess rage is way easier, spamming its pull and heal more for more enemies.
    another problem is the ever increasing costs for gear on the vendor each DLC.
    inflated prices to increase the amount of runs needed: it all started with AF3...
    could be the reason why the raids feel boring after running them over 100 times.
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well I’m finding the Atlantis content to be an absolute chore because as OP said, the boss battles can go on a bit, and I feel like my survival is completely dependent on the tanks and/or healers and there’s nothing I can do to compensate if someone’s having an off day because everything hits like a truck and the tells are absent or inadequate. So all I can do is just pew pew away and hope the LFG gods have smiled upon me this day. That’s boring. Would that make more sense?
  10. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Thank you guys a million .
    I've noticed my issue, and how solve it.
  11. Darth Piper Loyal Player

If it does, you (collective, not you specifically codyxrhstou) might want to start doing the mechanics of the instance and make mention of it in the group chat if nobody else is doing them... or work on other aspects of your character (loadouts, augments, artifacts, stat points, tactical mods) and try out stuff in prior content to see how it all works and maybe learn some of the other mechanics going on instead of just the gear necessary to enter the instance. Doing all of that ensures that you're not contributing to the "problem."