A few concepts that would be fun

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Knight Racer, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

Fully customizable vehicles like cars, bikes, jets, open world bosses using such vehicles where you defeat them and equip special weapons you obtain from their vehicles installed in yours. Your vehicle would appear in your base lairs garage area of course with opening bay door which teleports you directly outside your base entrance.

A system where you fight your evil doppleganger corrupted by villains of Gotham/metropolis. Picture duo villains as you and your partner, or alerts, raids 8 against 8 or one at a time to reduce graohics.

Day jobs for our secret identities which keep us close to the action that turn into jobs for super heroes.

Fully customizable sidekicks. You design their costumes, pick their weapons and powers. And they level up with xp just like you.
  2. Bobby Morningstar New Player

The game just doesn't have the ability for the very first of your suggestions, the others... I don't think they'd bother. =/
  3. Sugr Bear Committed Player

Customizable sidekicks with access to styles that we have would be great. I get tired of seeing 4 of the exact same little dude around. This would add a cool new thing, especially if sidekicks could stay out like pets.
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Interesting ideas but most are probably a bit too involved to become a reality

Vehicles.. yes we do have some in game but they are basically part of the back ground. Way back when I was playing City of heroes the same sort of request came up .. why can't we have our own version of the batmobile as a mode of transportation? The answer was.. Because what do you do when you head inside a building or anything else.. a cave, etc.. Going form point A to Point B on the street is one thing but you can't drive your car around inside an office building so you wind up walking everywhere? It may be possible to some how code things to switch from one travel mode to another.. but the time and effort to do so could be huge.

Dopplegangers.. I kind of like this idea but think about it.... They create a raid and then have to program it so that the villains you face change appearance for every single tam that assembles and heads inside? While in theory it sounds like as simple as slap a new face on the bad guys when the mission starts... if you are going to face some bad guys that look and dress exact like you.. The missions needs to be programed to basically scan all team members and then adjust the appearance of your opponents skin, body type and individual armor (which can and usually is a widely varied assortment of pieces for a number of different styles. Okay so it does all of that and sets out a group of dopplegangers for you to battle. Now.. one team member goes link dead and has to be replaced. Or some member has a family emergence in RL and has to leave or some one on the team turns out to be the absolute worst healer imaginable and after a kick vote gets replaced. So now the game needs to reassess your team and make changes to the bosses you will face. The coding to do that could be could be a nightmare.

The idea behind sidekicks has been brought up before and they have never responded .. Probably some of the same issues are involved. Hey i would love to be able to decide what my pets look like but think of the storage space that could take up on the server? So every player out there with ?? who knows how many alts can decide how to dress and arm their sidekick? Let's go one step further since its also a part of the character creator we use to build out own look.. Let's say we also get to decide what sex , body type and hair those pets have. I am one player and I own 26 alts so that means just to accommodate ME they need to store all that info some place so the side kick or BUDDY group I want will appear each time I summon them.
  5. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

Obviously any new content will take programming and effort. I just can't stand the same concepts being reused over and over again. Raids, alerts duos, new gear. Lather rinse repeat. I juat can't stand the repetition anymore of the same rehashed content.