A Fair Cash Wipe (Economy Fix)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Awsome, Dec 5, 2019.

1. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

"this is why we can't have nice things".

the few who participated in money/item duping and gold sellers to generate multi billions of in game cash have ruined it for the rest of us.

i get that it sucks. i wish i had an analogy that would properly illustrate how i feel about things (without using food.).

there is no solution that isn't going to end up burning those of us who choose not to cheat/glitch/exploit. I have no idea. make cash account bound and disable it from being traded or sent through the mail? put one of the devs on "monitor duty" so they can see first hand how many people in trade and lfg have been bragging about getting away with cheating? put one of the devs on "monitor duty" so they can finally start banning gold sellers? wipe everyone down to zero and give us all a free neon chroma as an " we oopsied" consolation prize?

money isnt really all that hard to generate in game no matter how strong or weak the virtual dollar is. it'll suck for a little while and then in a few weeks itll be a bad distant memory as you start to enjoy rebuilding things.

I'm neither for or against a money wipe. If they can figure out how to do things in such a way without having to resort to it all the better but i'm willing to take the hit if it brings us to a point where things can get better.
  2. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Okay, they should just do a cash wipe on the US server - the EU broker does not have such high prices. In other words, I'd rather have 1 billion on the EU server than 5 billion on the US server. And perhaps that's part of the disconnection - we're effectively talking about two different economies.
    • Like x 2
  3. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

No, it's not hard to get - it only took seven years for me to get to 250 million.
  4. Awsome Well-Known Player

Thats literally what we are discussing. I don't think anyone is talking about the EU servers currently.

Also, if you would read through my initial proposal, you would still have (assuming you are on the US server) you would keep 205M of the 250M, and you would keep 645M of your 1B

Most your money is kept. Its just to bring everything more in line. BTW, your 645M post wipe will be worth significantly more than your current 1B (which is something that I think is going way over the heads of a lot of people)
  5. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

But what do you think are the chances that they would only wipe one server and leave the other untouched? I can already see the threads screaming about it if they did that.

But I can also see the threads screaming about the unnecessary wipe of the EU server, if they go that way.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

They don't understand, don't take my money man, it's like worth heaps dude! I'll quit I tell you (won't really lying hard) I really will! :D
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

At this point I don't care what they do as long as they fix the exploits, ban the appropriate people, reopen the broker, and let me sell and buy stuff. lol.
    • Like x 2
  8. Awsome Well-Known Player

Chances are ridiculously high actually. The exploit was only happening on the US server (until the very very end, and it did not mess up the EU economy really at all), and only the US server economy is out of whack.

Also, you do know that when we are talking about a wipe, we aren't talking about zeroing out an account, right? The threads will not be screaming about this considering the wipe will likely be at the level high enough that it wouldn't have affected anyone on the EU server even if they did.

The devs have to fix a problem, not just arbitrarily take everyone's currency just to be fair.
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

you can make 250 million in about seven minutes the way things have been of late.

back when the money wipe occurred i was in a small league of about 12, 13 members. i remember everyone scrambling to make sure each of their alts had at least 100 million on each toon . at that point things were s out of control a single exobit was going for 999,999999, i did no such thing. not so much out of a sense of whats right and whats wrong but because i couldn't be bothered. i'll admit. over time i regretted not doing the same thing because it would have made things much easier for me but i've also gotten by just fine. the reason i don't have the half dozen or so rare tc collections is because i stopped spending real money excessively on stabilizers to generate fake money in game.

if you've been playing for seven years you'll know how to rebuild your fortune only this time it would be with a lot of counterfeit money not being in circulation.
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

and that's what happens when you put half this thread into a still...
  11. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Yes, next time (assuming I'd even bother paying for a sub any longer) I'll charge exorbitant amounts for stuff like everybody else, instead of selling them at more reasonable prices like I did this time. Oh, wait, if everybody did that, wouldn't it just accelerate inflation?
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

usually i undercut and by a very nice margin. lately i was listing things more in line with current demand simply because its what i needed to do to get a few collections i had been looking for...and i'm still not close to finishing off about a half dozen of the rarer tc collections (at least half a dozen at this point). when i can get 200 plus million for a collection that is not rare something messy is going on.

i don't mean to argue with you. i know its upsetting. my entire point before whats coming next is going to suck no matter what. i'm hoping for it to be as minimal a set back for honest players. there are so many things that need fixing in game. lets just get it over with so we can decide what to do next.
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

^this.

I'm perfectly fine with the idea of starting with 50K, or even less; I'm NOT okay with the idea of 800M price tags continuing to be a thing just to mollify the ego of the dude who spent 10,000 bucks on time capsules this year. I don't even remotely want to participate in an economic system that ONLY recognizes artificial rarity any more.

I do, however, want a place to pick up bulk furniture again. So if we could move this along...
    • Like x 3
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It won't because you won't be able to sell it for those amounts...you will get it back in 3 days when no one has insane amounts of money to pay your fee. Feel free to charge what the market will bear...get as rich as possible, but you won't be able to sell things for 10 billion, because no one will have the 10 billion to spend.....right now they do 100x over.

I also like how you are so distraught over losing the 750 million it took 7 years to get together...or is it the billions you've made in the last year since then? Doesn't that seem way out of whack? I also took 6-7 years to grind out my money(much more than 750 mil), but realize that it's all next to worthless now...I'd rather get rolled back if it made the entire economy better and have some chance of balance in the next DLC/TC...few years.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  15. Awsome Well-Known Player

^^^ I have no idea why people are having such a hard time understanding this.

I keep seeing people say either "They will just keep posting things for ridiculous prices again, so the problem isn't fixed" or "items need to be account bound because all these people just bought rare items and will just make their money back"

NEITHER IS TRUE!.. well both might be attempted, but will not work the way the person attempting this intended.

If the money is not in the game, people will not be able to buy for those prices. Those that try to pull that crap will just lose a ton in broker fees.

Those that bought rare items, will make some money back, but those items will now only sell for a fraction of what they were selling at.

Fixing the glitch (which they are currently doing) then reducing the money supply is the only real necessities to fix the economy. Could other things be done to help curb some future inflation? Sure. But they aren't necessary right now.

I would absolutely love to see a collection vendor. I would like to see some better money sinks. But, right now, lets just get the economy back to healthy.
    • Like x 3
  16. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Sorry, but I have no f**king idea what you're talking about - there was no "750 million in seven years", it was 250 million. And no, I didn't make "billions in the last year", and never said I did (not sure where you pulled that from, but I can make a pretty good guess). Those seven years for 250 million include what I have earned in the last year.

Because, unlike some people, I have always charged reasonable prices, even during the hyperinflation. Like charging ten thousand for a collection piece because that is what I think is the most people are likely to pay, even if the next lowest price on the broker is ten million.
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

As long as there are foolish, desperate or impatient players willing to pay, the price gouging won't disappear.
  18. Dene Devoted Player

This is under 1 assumption

That it would work. Which is not necessarily the case

I, as an example, barely have a billion.. and would LOVE if this was the case but a simple cash wipe down to 1 billion wouldn't do anything near to what you are saying
  19. Dene Devoted Player

Understand what Proxy? How is wiping everyone down to 1 Billion going to fix this? Advocating a cash wipe is 1 thing but ensuring noone uses loopholes, more exploits and a definite "it will actually help" is also needed here

I wouldn't quit but I wouldn't be happy either

Thing is.. wiping everyone down to 1 billion, would it work? Seems to me, those that want to take advantage of a wipe like this would do so and we'd be back where we were within weeks - or close to it...

From my perspective, if this worked and fixed it, at least mostly, i'd be all for it.. i just don't think it is as simple as ppl think
  20. kingmasternova Loyal Player

I agree 100%