A Corrupted Guide to Celestial- Post-Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Fatal Star, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I haven't been on my celestial character since the revamp

How bad is power for both dps and healing?

I'm hearing it's really really bad
  2. Outlaw Trevor Well-Known Player

DPS is fine to me, I been topping charts with the damage and it's also fun

Healing side got nerfed a bit, well the battle healing aspect of it. I'm guessing a pure healing loadout is what to use since my battle healing isn't producing good numbers and the power pool sucks lol
    • Like x 1
  3. Tilz Loyal Player

Don't play celestial anymore, but dps side looks fine from what i've seen.
    Healingside is powerhungry and you need some workarounds for that. (powerspec helps)
  4. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Hey, dps is power hungry, but it's not OTT. Healing on the other hand is extremely power hungry regardless of whether you pure heal or battle heal. Pure healing isn't impossible by any means. Check out the tips I listed to accommodate the power cost/consumption and it should help a lot. Battle healing hasn't been sorted out yet since BcM and McB were apparently the sacrificial lamb..Once it is Fatal will update that section. Hope this helps :D
    • Like x 2
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Ran a battle heal set up in a JFA run, did ok, about 1/3 the damage of top dps. DMcB seems to be one of the must-have combos, as well as CScWoTP. I didn't run McB that time but I might try it next time. Battle heal isn't impossible to do just hard to pull off. Will be updating that section of the gude here soon.
    • Like x 1
  6. Outlaw Trevor Well-Known Player

Yeah I see good numbers at times with my battle heal loadout but, it is really a power hunger. I still end up finishing like last lol
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I finished 6th, but all the DPS were pretty close together, so I'd like to think they all knew somewhat what they were doing lol

The issue I have now is lack of SP, just shy of 280 and it's not enough for an effective battle heal spec because you have to get damage crits as well. I threw 100 points in resto and 80 points in might/power to at least get the 9% buff. Got all 60 geal crits and what was left over when in DPS, which was like 30. We had a solo troll and I was basically rotating between DMcB, CScWoTP, and WoTPcCS. Had AcB, guardians light, and renew on standby for emergencies (which I needed second boss), if there were adds I'd be sure to tag them DM and curse so people got extra heals when they died. Other then that the group generally stayed up on just the first three combos on rotation. Yeah I had to pop colas every now and then and leech supply drops, but was generally ok on power the whole time.

Next time I want to see if only putting 80 in resto and 20 more in damage crits yeilds better results, since that raid group was still somewhat over healed.
  8. xD25x Dedicated Player

I don't know who told you that but celestial is really good atm. I frequently top the scorecard against most powers. Just yesterday I was ahead of a seasoned nature user in jfae until he pulled out the cheese. Still ended up ahead of the ice melee player and 3 mill'ed a HL player. This is with my range loadout not saving to my armory so there was quite a few times at 2nd boss where I was just barely out of range.
    • Like x 2
  9. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

As others have said, dps is much better than before revamp. My first raid after the revamp was terrible, but I was still trying to get the combos of PcDL down. I also noticed that using Robot Sidekick was causing me to constantly run out of power, even in a raid with a troll. For my 2nd raid I dropped RS and ended up 2nd in damage at 197 CR while the other 4 dps were all above 200. I only have the free 7 expert mods in my gear because I haven't had time to get materials for might based AoJ mods yet. So if you have real might mods you should do very well in damage. The key for me doing well in damage was to keep hitting PcDL consistently and you mix in whatever other combos you want. I like it so much better then pre revamp.
    For healing I agree with Charmed's post above. I wasn't doing well with the hybrid build in alerts, so I tried Charmed's advice and did a pftt healer build. I felt better in the alerts overall, but still haven't adjusted to not having my WM combos to clip from. Right now I have the elite type C mod, so I'm using Renew and then going into my next power to save on power use. It still feels weird after using brawling->MA WM for so long, but I think it will be OK with practice.
    • Like x 1
  10. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

That's the great thing about going Superpowered mastery, since weapon attacks don't effect power regen you can use any weapon, weapon combo, or WM you want as a "timer" so to speak. Glad those tips helped you out! :D
    • Like x 2
  11. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Was wondering if either of you two have worked out the base heals on curse and cCurse and death mark cDeathmark? Any time im healing any raid that has a lot of adds it feels so much easier and power efficient when getting the curse off compared to a raid with no adds it becomes a lot more stressful.
    • Like x 1
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I don't know the base off the top of my head, charm figured it out and cursed renew has about a 25% higher base heal then cleansed renew. The HoTs for curse and cC are about the same as the HoT for CS as well and lasts for 12 ticks. I'm sure charm will hop in and give base numbers.
    • Like x 1
  13. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

RcC- 133 (burst) 13 (HoT)
    CcR- 165 (burst) 57 (HoT)

For those who don't know the HoTs only occurs when enemies are knocked out.
    • Like x 2
  14. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Man those are pretty good numbers. Very situational heal though...
    • Like x 1
  15. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I know right?!?! I told Fatal when I did them, that it was a shame they are situational because CcR HoT was the MVP lol.
  16. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Yea been loving using CcR in add heavy boss fights
    • Like x 1
  17. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

I can get fairly close to elec and earth but nature dps and melee ragers i just cant seem to catch. My might is at 16.1k atm.
  18. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Im currently running Sacred Pact, RcW, CS (combo) plague, WotP(combo) Cursed Idol

What are you guys running with?
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I change my loadout multiple times in raids depending on where and what we're doing. For adds I rotate DMcB, AcB, CScWoTP, and WoTPcCS. That also changes depending on how I'm feeling lol.

Bosses I throw in PcDL, and DLcP. One thing I really like about the revamp is the vast amount of variation we get, many things work in different situations so having a static loadout is almost impossible for me.
    • Like x 2
  20. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I did spec resto/power and healing wasnt bad at all, assuming your group knows how to avoid damage.

I had the same loadout as pre revamp and barely had to touch anything besides consume soul and admonish combo.

I had a jackhammering dps i could have let die, multiple times, but i didnt. He had over 700k healing in.....i don't think ive ever had to do that before lol.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.