A Corrupted Guide to Celestial- Post-Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Fatal Star, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Tilz told you correctly. The only combo (pure healing) that you should be using is AcB. The rest are initial casts.
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

Thanks, that's really valuable information, I think (if it hasn't been done already) this should be in the healing guide on the 1st page as well.
    I always figured PE does reduce all power-related ability costs by a bit not just initial ones. Changes quite a bit for combo powers then :)
  3. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Yes it does, PE is great for other powers just not combo powers imo. :(
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

Well it isn't that bad. The difference between those two - if comparing only initial power costs - is like 0,25% in favour of Power Efficiency. That being said, Reserve Tank is still great for Combo Powers. In the matter of celestial I agree now that Reserve Tank is superior if it is only due to one ability having a needed combo. :-3
  5. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I just don't think it's fair to the combo powers that they made a mod that only benefits "normal" powers using initial casts. The mod should either be changed or one created exclusively for combo powers. That's just my opinion tho.

EDIT: Combo powers get the short end of the stick quite often in this game...
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

Hmm imo it's somewhat exaggerated. I play combo powers for years and honestly don't feel like I get the short end... I mean yes, it'd like it to see Power Efficiency work the same for all powersets, it's just ... it's 0,25% worse performance on one abilitiy as a celestial healer, really. For DPS I did test all the powers with Reserve Tank and found that they don't really benefit from that instead of running "a normal LA" with Core Strength ^_^
  7. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Pretty sure Penetrating Strikes is the better option for DPS. Fatal can correct me if I'm wrong. Just look at weapon mods. They don't benefit combo powers in DPS role. It's just one example where combo powers got the short end of the stick.
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

Hmm I see where you're coming from. Still, getting it off every time you reapply your PI is reasonable with a ranged tap. Though it is like every 24 seconds instead of every 20 seconds. Not saying there is no difference it's just not that big imo ^_^
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Core strength is better than penetrating strikes, but by a very thin margin. Penetrating is better on adds with higher defense, which is why it was so good during cr differential, especially in higehr rounds of SM
  10. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

It's not about if it's a big difference or small difference in my mind. It's about fairness.
  11. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

And this is why I leave the DPS stuff to you :p lol
  12. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

While it may be a small difference on the healing side, it's a little larger in terms of what Celestial DPS doesn't get use from. As you pointed out, things like Energized or Restorative mods don't work on the combo version of powers. That's not only unfair, it's wasteful design.
    • Like x 1
  13. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Let's riot!!!!!!! ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I need a lot more coffee before that happens. It honestly *feels* like an oversight. Hopefully it will be changed at some point.
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Happy 1 year anniversary to all my fellow celestial players!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I got home late so I'm a tad past midnight, but HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!! :D
  17. Tilz Loyal Player

Happy Birthday and Cheers for your great work here! :)
    • Like x 1
  18. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Thanksssssss!!!!!!!

Would you believe that bewb didn't get me an anniversary gift?!?!?! lol
  19. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

20. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

This game really needs to figure out better artifacts for healers. Outside of a small Resto boast, nothing is that exciting about them.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.